InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted ❯ 01 : New Kid ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Tainted

Author:
Sinh
Posted: April 22st, 2005
Word Count: 4528 words



Disclaimer. I don’t own “Inuyasha.”


Summary. [AU] After an enigmatic new transfer student arrives at her school, a strange murder occurs. When he is blamed, Kagome takes it into her own hands to help prove his innocence–and is yanked into a whirlpool of deception, murder, and lies…


When a student is mysteriously murdered, everyone suspects the new transfer student, Inuyasha. So, when Kagome tries to help prove his innocence, she’s dragged into a whirlpool of deceit, murder, and love… [AU]


RAWR.
Enjoy.


Author’s Mini-Note:
If you’re confused on how I describe Inuyasha’s appearance–ears, claws, etc.–don’t worry. It’ll all be explained in later chapters or at the end of this one. And he may not be in character but I think if he grows up with his parents, he’d turn out differently. Not that differently, but still…



Tainted
Chapter One
New Kid


Kagome had been the first one to see him.


It was the first day of school after Christmas break and Higurashi Kagome had been sitting on the steps of Kotogotoshii High with her two best friends, Tegowai Sango and Kimusume Rin. The latter of the two had been showing off her shockingly good skills of dealing with multiple conversations at once, while still chomping down on the breakfast they had grabbed on the way to school earlier that morning. Sango was currently being her usual self, scoffing at the crowds of girls in mini skirts, and ranting about random things, and talking to some of the debate team’s members on something, like every morning. Kagome had watched all of this in slight amusement, her dumplings still resting in her bag. She’d lost her appetite that morning, after seeing Kaidanji Hojou throw up on the street due to a rather bad fruit he’d eaten. Tuning out Rin’s conversations, Sango’s whining about her classes, and the loud shouts that came from the jock group, her eyes skimmed the crowd. It would’ve been like any other day–she’d space out, Sango would complain, Rin would talk, then the bell would ring and class would start… Until she caught a specific face amongst the crowd.


He was tall and dark-skinned, probably taller than her by half a foot, maybe. He would’ve looked like any other guy at Kotogotoshii High, dressed in the usual navy blue attire, the same black book bag handed out in the beginning of the year hanging down to his waist. Other than that, however, the similarities ended. Unlike Hojou or any other guy, jock or geek, his hair was not the ordinary black, or the usual dark brown, or the dyed blonde, but rather, a peculiar color of silver. It was tied back in a low ponytail, pulled back at the nape of his neck, and fell down to his waistline as well. His eyes, not the usual faded blue, or shadowy brown, were a dark shade of amber, two orbs of molten gold gleaming in a crowd of ordinary high school kids. He had a baseball hat atop his head–which, Kagome noted, had the words Rock n’ Roll strewn across it in bold white letters–that was turned slightly to the side. As she got a closer look, she noticed that his dark blue, button up dress shirt was unbuttoned, revealing a dark red shirt underneath with the words I Hate People Like You written in it in black, block letters. He had earphones around his neck, and even from where she was standing she could hear the thundering music. His head bobbed slightly to the beat and she found herself grinning at the wary looks people around him shot him. However, he didn’t seem to notice.


Kagome raised a dark eyebrow at the teen as he made his way through the crowd, silver hair glinting in the soft rays of crimson that the sun allowed to peep through the dark clouds every once in a while, amber eyes skimming over the tops of others’ heads, as he made his way through the crowd of white, long-sleeved shirts and navy blue uniforms, his dark red shirt making him impossible not to see in the crowds. He was making his way toward the stairs–most likely to go put his bag in his locker, like she and Sango had done earlier before Rin had come. She sighed softly, tearing her eyes from the boy as he pushed through the crowds, the detached look on his face twisting into a deep frown as he reached up to put his silver earphones in his ears.


“He’s… weird looking, ne?” Rin’s sudden question made the raven-haired junior jump slightly in her seat on the cement steps. The younger girl sat beside her, away from her previous position on top of the stone statue of a lion–Kotogotoshii High’s mascot–and had plopped herself down on her own backpack, probably squishing what was left of the girl’s lunch.


Rin’s dark hair fell to her shoulder blades, and she had two pink clips holding back her hair from falling into her pretty, pale face. The girl’s eyes were a shade of dark brown that always seemed to sparkle with ungodly happiness and perkiness, something that helped greatly during times of depression and sadness. Rin had always had a pale complexion, something that contrasted neatly with her stunningly dark, shiny hair and with the pale pink lips that she had never put makeup on before. She had never put on makeup–except for some pink eyeliner that she and Sango had been joking around with–and kept the innocent, sweet look of a young girl of age thirteen. Kagome’s eyes swept over the girl’s attire. Like all the others girl, and herself, Kimusume Rin was dressed in the usual uniform–a dark blue skirt that fell down to her knees and a white, long-sleeved shirt. But when she looked closely, Kagome could see that Rin’s skirt was a bit shorter than her own and her shirt rose a little up, showing a bit of flesh on her stomach.


“Hai. He is.” she answered, shooting Rin’s smiling face a confused look. Since when does Rin like to show off her body? Sighing softly, she adverted her eyes from her best friend. It wasn’t her business what Rin wanted to do with her life, and although she cared for the girl like a sister, she couldn’t meddle into her life. Yeah, right. I’ll ask her later. Kagome’s own crystal blue eyes swept over the crowds again, unknowingly searching for silver hair and molten gold eyes. She saw him sitting on the metal railing of the steps, his bag tossed his shoulder, his head still bobbing to the loud rock music that sang so quickly that she could barely understand what they were saying.


“So… looking for a new guy, Rin-chan?” Sango’s voice snapped Kagome out of her daydream and took her attention off the silver-haired mystery to the blushing raven-haired girl, who was currently trying pathetically to bury her face into her hands. The older girl, on the other hand, grinned silently to herself and plopped herself down onto the cold cement as well, her eyes sparkling with mischief. Kagome sighed again, thinking, Every year…


Tegowai Sango poked and prodded at the red faced sophomore until, finally, the girl gave in and started to stalk the crowds with her sparkling eyes for a cute guy. Sango’s dark eyes rolled slightly until she sent the other girl, sitting on the left side of the current ogling Rin, a look and pointed her hand at her own head, cocking it toward the younger junior and twirled it around absently. Rin spun around, spitting out an I saw that, and causing Kagome to laugh. Sango, herself, smiled innocently and Rin turned back to the crowd.


Kagome observed her friends. Sango’s brown hair was much longer than Rin’s and her own, falling down to her waist and she was the only one of them to wear makeup. Magenta eyeliner was all along her eyes and light pink lip gloss accented her pale lips. She wore the usual clothing, though she had made hers slightly longer than all the other girls to hide the pair of jean shorts she wore underneath all the time to be slightly more comfortable. Sango had been the first one to start growing up in their little group of three, being the first one to start wearing makeup, being the first one to have a boyfriend. Then it had become Rin, who still held the childish innocence inside of her but at the same time being enthralling for all the guys to come crowd over her at lunch. But when it came to Higurashi Kagome, no man could touch her. Sure, she had her own little group of admirers but when it came down to it, she had to admit that she didn’t want to date anyone now.


Ring…!


The bell rang and Rin hurriedly scrambled up, grabbing her backpack and slinging it over her shoulder, flashing a grin. The smaller girl shouted a small, “Ja ne!” over the loud crowds before making her way through the crowds toward her first class, Pre-Calculus it seemed.


Ja, Rin-chan!” Kagome cried over the loud bustle of the teenagers and waved a frantic hand in the air. She wouldn’t be seeing the jovial girl at all until lunch–second lunch, which they had together while Sango had first lunch–and smiled brightly as Rin, spinning around so that her hair whipped someone else in the face, turned hastily and waved back, a smile on her face before she hurried into the halls of Kotogotoshii High.


“Ne, Kag-chan, who were you staring at?”


The girl in question sent her best friend a look. It was a well known fact that Tegowai Sango was as sharp and smart as the majority of the teachers at Kotogotoshii High. It was also a well known fact that Sango was one to be able to see what almost everyone was doing with a slight sweep of the eyes. It was also a well known fact that Tegowai Sango was one of the smartest girls in her class, ranking two in the top three, of course. Kagome smiled slightly. Sango had always been the smart one in their little group, the one to observe every detail yet still know how to have fun, the one who got the A’s but still managed to have fun and party. The brown-haired genius cocked a dark eyebrow in the other girl’s direction as they trekked the way to Iyashii’s class, down Hall B and down to Building C.


“No one, Sango-chan.” Kagome replied with a light grin, “Are you always this nosy?”


The question drew a melodious laugh from the elder schoolgirl. She flashed her a grin, showing Kagome two pairs of perfectly straight white teeth. “Of course I am, Kag. You should know that by now.”


The reply caused the smaller girl to giggle softly as they walked down the nearly empty halls to Iyashii’s English class. Kagome was one of the most quiet girls of her class, being one of the shyest and clumsiest when she had been younger. Unlike her friends, Rin being the younger, eccentric, hyper-active, people friendly one and Sango being the tough, not-afraid-to-speak-her-mind one, she was known to be one of the most quiet one of the ‘Lucky Three’ as the teachers had dubbed them when they were younger.


“Really, Kagome.” Sango’s voice took a serious turn, “I heard he’s bad news.”


“Who…?” Sending a clueless look at her friend as they turned the corner to meet the large door of Room 112, she raised a dark eyebrow at her friend’s claim.


“The guy you were staring at? He’s been to three different schools this year–and its all in the Tokyo area. Shiteki High, Hisoka High, and even Jakunengata Private School kicked him out after a couple of weeks.” said Sango darkly, her eyes narrowed slightly as she slowly opened the door to Iyashii’s class.


“How–”


“How nice of you to join us, ladies.” the harsh snap in Iyashii Arappoi’s voice made the younger brunette to clamp her mouth shut, her teeth meeting with an audible click! as she quietly shied away from the teacher, her blue eyes wide with shock, her fair complexion plunged into a pale, white paint-like color. As usual, the girl’s hands clamped together hurriedly before her and she retreated backwards, bowing slightly to the white-haired man. Kagome blinked quickly as she lowered her head, knowing that beyond her dark hair that enveloped her sight, that all the students were staring at her, covering their mouths with their hands to keep from snickering out loud, whispering quietly to each other… She gulped–first day back… and I’ve done it again.


Sango sent a worried look over at her friend. Iyashii reveled in the embarrassment he caused the young Higurashi girl, and it was a well known fact that she would do nothing about it but blush. The genius, on the other hand, was just about ready to bash that man’s half-bald head into the ground if he said one more word to her friend… A quiet snarl ripped from her throat. Kagome was her friend, best friend since the third grade, but the girl didn’t have that many guts when it came down to it. Sure, she could fight fire with fire when the time called for it but most of the time, Higurashi Kagome was known to backing down and letting others walk all over her… That thought made Sango’s blood boil…


Kagome raised her head, ready to face what she usually did every morning when she came into Iyashii’s English class. She closed her eyes briefly for less than a second before she opened them, ready to feel Sango’s hand on her back steadying her and pairs of eyes boring at her, in amusement, pity…


But to her surprise, their eyes weren’t on her. Instead, they were resting on a tall figure standing a few feet away from her. A very tall figure who’s body was relaxed more than hers, she noted, and his book bag was thrown casually over his shoulder. His long hair–an eerie silver color that glowed in the dim light of the classroom–fell down his shoulders, still tied back tight in the ponytail she’d seen earlier that day. His hat was still tucked on his head, pulled all the way over his face, casting a dark shadow on his handsome face. Cold amber eyes narrowed a fraction as he lifted his hand off the doorknob, steadying his gaze on her, scrutinizing her face, the fear lighting up in her eyes… She noticed that his shirt was buttoned up, any sign of the red shirt now gone and that he still had his earphones plugged into his ears, which, she noticed, were pierced three times on either side.


“Sit down, Tegowai, Higurashi.” Iyashii snapped impatiently from his desk, rapping his fingers lightly on the wooden table. Kagome hurriedly scurried over to her desk by the window and Sango followed her, sighing quietly. As the taller brunette settled herself in the seat in front of the younger girl, the man’s pale eyes were redirected onto the silver-haired stranger standing nonchalantly in front of the classroom. “And who are you?” The venom in his tone made most of the students wince, knowing very well that the new guy would be facing the wrath of the “Acrimonious Arappoi”, as the nerds had dubbed him, and would very soon be meeting the principal soon…


The guy lifted a dark eyebrow as everyone in the classroom winced, flinched, or silently snickered behind their hands. He turned cold amber eyes on the teacher who had just been sneering down onto the young girl, who was currently hiding her probably red face behind her hands. It wasn’t every day that someone–much less an old man–spoke up to him. He indifferently let his hand go, briefly letting his bag drop and slam onto the ground with a sickening splat! In his mind, he silently cursed himself–Souten just made that for me, too–but on the outside, he turned his eyes to the teacher, who’s body sat rigid, his mouth set in a dead sneer, but his eyes kept glancing from side to side, as if looking for an escape…


“He’s the transfer student… from Jakunengata?” a woman’s sudden voice snapped like a whip in the eerie silence of Room 112. Iyashii visibly cringed and the high pitched screech of his chair scraping against the tiled floor echoed as a lady stepped elegantly into the classroom. She was stylishly dressed, wearing a light green pant suit with light pink embroiders running along side the edges of her button up shirt. She held a folder in one hand that she pressed up against her chest and a white coffee mug in the other that had the words Can’t Live Without It written on it in bright letters. Her dark hair was pulled up into a high ponytail with small tendrils of her hair falling and framing her oval-shaped face perfectly. Her foot tapped impatiently at her side, as her dark eyes, framed by silver glasses, gazed angrily at Iyashii, who’d long since stood up to take a bow. “I thought I went over this at the meeting, Arappoi.


The man winced. “A-Ano… I-I…”


“You weren’t listening, as usual. No use in trying to cover yourself up, Iyashii-san.” Migoto Mimeuruwashii said coldly from her place by the door, lifting a hand up to steady her glasses. She cast a simple glance the boy’s way, who was currently staring with a slight smirk at Iyashii’s quivering form.


Migoto sighed softly, shifted her folder into her other hand, leaning it against her arm and body, and raised her other hand to the boy. “Okaeri, to Kotogotoshii High. I am Headmaster Migoto Mimeuruwashii, and hajimemashite.” He took her hand, his nails barely grazing her skin and she nearly jumped. Her eyes jolted down suddenly for a millisecond, and she noticed that his nails were slightly more sharp than hers… “Ano… I apologize for Mr. Iyashii’s behavior. Don’t mind him–he’s just bitter.” She smiled slightly as he raised an eyebrow toward the man. “May I know your name?”


“Keh. You probably already know,” the retort fired back at her made Migoto Mimeuruwashii, one of the most respected women in Tokyo, Headmistress of the most prestigious private school in the southern Tokyo area, reel back and snatch her hand back from the boy’s sharp nails. Amber eyes narrowed at the young woman and he snorted softly, withdrawing his hand and picking up his bag.


“You shall not talk back to Migoto-sama!” Iyashii snapped, “She is your superior…


Migoto sighed from her position on the other side of the table as the old man continued to rant and yell at the young boy, who’s only reply was to raise a dark eyebrow at him. She inwardly cringed at the slight curl of the boy’s lip as it raised to flash a rather sharp-looking fang that protruded to his lower lip. She moaned softly; oh yes, she knew who he was. Most of the staff knew who he was and were just about ready to suck up to him as well. Iyashii, on the other hand… Why can’t he just listen for once?


The silver-haired youth scoffed as the old man stopped to take a deep breath. “And just who are you to start telling me about manners?!” he sneered, “Its not everyday you meet an old bat like you, who has enough crap in his head that he spills out every chance he gets.”


Most of the students winced as others, like Tegowai Sango, sat forward in interest. She’d never seen someone stand up to Migoto-sama and Iyashii-san at the same time–no other teen would be able to. Under Migoto’s smothering, almost deadly passive stare and Iyashii’s dark, penetrating glare, most teens cracked under pressure. But this boy… this new guy stood strong and proud as he told Iyashii off, yanked his hand away from Migoto… He held an air of arrogance, an air that he was superior than others. Sango’s eyes narrowed slightly. What was so special about him that he had the guts to talk back to Migoto Mimeuruwashii and Iyashii Arappoi? Migoto-sama seemed to shrink away from him and even Iyashii, one of the toughest teachers, seemed to search for an escape underneath the boy’s amber gaze… This year should be interesting…


Kagome gulped. As usual, a crimson flush worked its way up Iyashii’s neck and found its way to his cheeks. His dark eyes shot from side to side, though they glittered in a wild sense of fury. She hadn’t seen Iyashii this angry in a while. It had been a matter of weeks since he’d blown up at some random kid and had gotten yelled at by Migoto in front of the entire junior class. Embarrassed, Iyashii had promised to not yell at a teen for no reason… she sighed briefly. So much for the peace…


As expected, Iyashii Arappoi’s high, pitchy voice rose into the air, the rough exterior scratching briefly before he continued to rant on and on. Onlookers from the junior class tentatively raised their heads to witness the man’s yelling, almost expecting to see the boy who had just snapped at Iyashii to wince and cringe. Instead, they were met by a most surprising sight.


Migoto Mimeuruwashii was sweat dropping, softly scratching the back of her head with a hand, giving off a soft giggle every now and then, flashing sweet smiles at the guy’s direction as her other hand tightened softly around the manila folder. She’d long since put her cup of coffee down on a random student’s table. Iyashii Arappoi was waving his hands in the air, his eyes shut tight, his thin-lipped mouth blabbing on and on about respect, honor, and stupidity… or something like that. And, the new guy, who Headmistress Migoto even cringed to, the silver-haired weirdo, the amber-eyed hunk, was standing there, his backpack over his shoulder, an eyebrow twitching at his side, a vein at his temple looking like it was ready to burst.


Ahem,” Migoto’s sudden voice snapped everyone out of their reverie, shook Iyashii out of his rant and made the guy glance at her with molten gold eyes. “its alright, Arappoi. I do know his name – it was stupid of me to ask.” She sent the old man a sugary sweet smile, causing the man’s cold exterior to melt slightly.


“But Mimeuruwashii…” His voice was drowned out by a snappish, cold glare from her.


Sango pursed her lips together from behind her long wave of dark brown hair. It’d been a while since Migoto had actually defended a student when he had actually snapped back to a teacher… actually, when she thought about it, it hadn’t really happened before. When had Migoto ever defended a student that had forcefully handed Iyashii the bait and let him snap at it? Her eyes narrowed a fraction, framing onto the boy’s shadowed face for a moment. What the hell is up with this guy?


He spoke underneath his breath–“idiotsas the old man snapped his mouth shut as the headmistress sent him a look. It was clear that they both heard him–‘Arappoi’ stood stock still, his mouth open in shock, his eyes wild with fury and ‘Mimeuruwashii’ froze suddenly, her eyes narrowed slightly, and her mouth pressed into a thin line. He was quite used to it, of course, it was a routine of sorts. He would walk in, the old bastard of a teacher would start blabbing off, he’d snap back, and the principal or headmaster or whatever would swoop in and start sucking up to him. The headmistress of this school straightened suddenly, her eyes still narrowed, her hands trembling slightly with fury. A juvenile smirk spread across his face. The woman cared about her reputation–most respected woman in Tokyo, one of the few interns to graduate from Harvard Law School in America, chosen by some of the most elite people in Japan to be headmistress of one of the pretentious schools in Tokyo–and did not want it ruined, apparently. Maybe he could have some fun at this school…


Migoto gulped slightly. What had she done to be presented with this situation? Keep her respect with the students or ruin her reputation in the world? She narrowed a small glare the boy’s way. He would ruin her reputation, too. He’d done it to many others; and it worked tremendously. She’d worked too hard to let it be ruined by this young man’s power over the city. So, she’d suck up to him until he left… and then everything would be back to normal. She swallowed, and what if it doesn’t…?


A-Ano… class, we have a new student today.” she greeted with a bright smile, earning herself slight snickers and tentative stares from the class. She glanced around the room, meeting eyes with some of her personal favorites–Tegowai, Higurashi, Kaidanji… before resting her eyes on the frowning Iyashii and the man, who held a cool air about him as he gazed out the window with half-lidded eyes. She scowled slightly, her pretty features marred suddenly by the sudden downturn of lips and angry flash of her eyes. But when his golden stare turned on her, a smile planted itself on her lips and she introduced him to the class, “This is the junior English class,” she began, waving a hand at all of the faces, half wondering whether or not he was waving along too, “and class, this is Takashi Inuyasha, our new student.” She smiled at them.


Sango’s pencil slipped from her paralyzed hand. Takashi…? The name had rung a silent bell in her head, lighting up her memory. She looked up slightly, staring at his face and vaguely noticing that his features had looked slightly familiar when he’d entered the classroom a few minutes earlier. His hair was the unmistakable color of one she’d seen many times before on TV or in one of those tabloids all over the grocery store. His amber eyes were ones that she’d seen so many times staring seductively through the television screen, the smirk on his lips were ones that she’d seen many times before… Her student council members and debate team associates had told her that the new student had some bad luck with schools, being tossed and turned about to every school there was in Tokyo. They had told her that he was a smart one but rarely ever showed it. They had told her that he was bad news, that she shouldn’t get too nosy and dive head-first into his business. And, she recalled, that they had never told her his name. Takashi Inuyasha.


Son of Takashi Inutaishou… the most richest man in all of Tokyo…





TBC…


Not exactly my best ending. -.-; But eh. I couldn’t find any other way to end the chapter without straight out telling you who Inuyasha was. LOL. Anyway, hope you guys liked it and Inuyasha’s situation–claws, ear, etc.–will be explained in later chapter.
Review please!
Sinh.

Converting /tmp/phpdWl07n to /dev/stdout