InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Back, Taking Her ❯ Chapter 1

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

I do not own anything except Jana and friends. that means I don't own Inuyasha, or Sesshomaru *sobs* or anyone else...but that didn't stop me from demon-napping Sessho and chaining him in my closet! ^-^

"..." people talking

'...' people thinking

-...- the other part of Sessho's mind

CHAPTER 1


Sesshomaru sat in his study, thinking. It was just after sunset, and he had just come home from patrolling his borders, which he did every morning and evening. As he sat in a comfortable chair, he went over the events of the day in his mind

*Flashback*

He was in the human village with Rin. She had wanted to visit it for a long time, and he had finally decided to give in.

'I can't believe how incredibly soft I'm getting' he'd thought.

-Yeah, but you really don't mind. She could melt the heart of anyone...she just chose you- another part of him replied.

'...'

They were walking along the street, Rin dashing from market stall to market stall, looking at all the "pretty things." He wasn't really paying attention to what was going on around him, until everyone suddenly fell quiet. Looking around, he saw that everyone was listening to an old woman...a soothsayer from what he could tell. Intrigued, Sesshomaru listened to her, only half noticing that everyone else was trying not to laugh at her words.

" ... the future is not as bright as it seems.

Though the jewel shards are being collected and the Shikon-no-Tama is nearly whole and pure, there is a still great evil.

In one last stand, the fate of the entire world will be determined, and right now, that fate could be anything.

One misstep could end everything we know.

An outworlder only can save this world against the incredible evil about to come.

They must make a choice, an ultimate choice, that will either save or destroy everything as we know it.

They will need help...as much help as you can give them."


With her last words, the old soothsayer had looked directly at Sesshomaru. It irked him. The whole thing sounded pretty far-fetched, like something you'd hear in a tale, but it didn't rest well on his mind. He had a feeling the old woman had been trying to to tell him something, almost.

The villagers obviously thought she wasn't very reliable, because they didn't even consider for a moment what she had said, they just went back to their boring, predictable lifes.

'Their loss. If they want to be so stupid as to igore a warning like this, then they deserve to die if this prophecy comes true.' With that thought, he collected Rin and returned to his palace.

*End Flashback*

It was long into the night before Sesshomaru left his study, still troubled by his thoughts, and went to bed. It took a while for him to sleep, and the last thing he thought before he went to bed was ' I'd better be on my guard from now on.'


*******

'Ugh. why do I have to keep going back to sleep? I know I shouldn't, but the bed is so inviting. Why do I go to sleep so late when I know I have school? I'm such an idiot.'Jana sighed

`Oh well... beter start getting ready.'

Fifteen year-old Jana ran around her cluttered room getting ready for school. After collecting all the books she thought she'd need, she ran around her house, collecting her soccer gear and putting into her soccer bag. Then she found her CD player and her CD collection, also putting them in her soccer bag. Only when she had finished this did she start getting dressed for school.

"Fuck! I forgot to have my uniform ironed!" she said to herself, "Gotta stop reading fanfics at night."

As she said this, she went over to her closet, looking for an ironed skirt and blouse.

'Aha!' she thought, 'Finally!'

She emerged with a semi-wrinkled skirt and shirt. 'This had better be good enough for mama.' she thought.

Jana goes to an all girls Catholic high school...which means she has to wear a uniform. She put on her school uniform, which consists of a white button-down blouse, a gray box pleat skirt, "wine" kneesocks and button-down sweater, and shoes.

She plays goalie on her school's soccer JV soccer team, and she was pretty good at it too.

She put on her soccer sweatshirt instead of her sweater, because she keeps her sweater in her locker unless she's wearing it, and switches the sweater for the sweatshirt at the end of every day.

"Jana! We're going to be late, hurry up!" she heard her mom call as she finished dressing.

"I'm almost done!" she yelled back. "We have to stop at Dunkin Donuts on the way, though, I need breakfast."

"Whatever, just hurry up and get down here!"

Jana grabbed her school and soccer bags and headed downstairs.

"Grab your lunch, take a flouride tablet. Did you wash your face and brush your teeth?" her mom asked as she came into the kitchen.

"Yes. Let's go. Don't forget, soccer practice goes til 5:30 today." she answered.

" I know, and you know the Dunkin Donuts rule; If there's a line, forget it."

"Yeah, I know. Can we go now?"

"Get in the car."

They both left their house and got into their car. They drove down the street and stopped at Dunkin Donuts. In less than two minutes Jana had gotten her breakfast; a donut and a mocha coolatta. Jana got to school right after the bell, and headed to her homeroom, thanking God for coffee and getting ready for another day.

*******

The last bell rang at 2:00 P.M. on the dot. Jana collected her stuff and made her way to her locker in the sophomore hallway, completely unaware of her friend about to slam into her from behind.

"Karf! What was that for?" she asked her friend, Karf, which is backwards for frak, because the two girls are frik and frak, but Jana prefers calling her friend Karf, with fake surprise and indignation.

"For having coffee this morning! You know how hyper that stuff makes you."

"Yeah, but it also wakes me up in the morning, and you know how I get when I have coffee withdrawls."

"Unfortunately, yes, and it's worse than you on coffee. Anyway, I just wanted to make sure you get to practice on time today. I hate doing "Abs of Steel" of "Lightening Drills (formerly known as suicides)" because you're always late." She said, using finger-quotes.

"Yeah, well we got another hour and a half, so stop worrying."

"I'll stop worrying when you stop being late." Karf replied, "I gotta go, see you at practice."

"See ya."

Jana continued to her locker. When she got to it, she opened it, and grabbed all the books she'd need for homework.

After replacing her sweater with her soccer sweatshirt, which was hanging where she left it in her locker, she went down to the basement floor of her school to meet her other friends in the study room, the place where they hung out after school.

As she neared the familiar room, nine people came around the corner. Spotting her, two of them grabbed her arms and began dragging her with them.

"Hey!" she exclaimed, "What are you doing?"

"We're going for a walk, and you're coming too!" her friend Drina told her happily.

"Can I at least put my things down? Or am I supposed to carry them with me?" she asked jokingly.

"No. You can't put them down, it's against the rules." Rogue said.

"I'll be right back, don't leave without me!"

She put her bookbag in the study room, grabbed her CD player and rejoined her friends. All ten of them left the building, and started down into the woods via a familiar, at least to them, trail.

They walked along for some ten-fifteen minutes. Some people listening to CDs, others talking about school, fanfics, or the things the fanfics were based on. Then, they came to a part of the trail where a gigantic tree had fallen years ago.

The tree was about ten feet from the ground up and about a hundred yards from end to end, and had come down right on top of the trail. Everyone, as usual, took the newer path that went around the tree. Everyone except Jana, that is. She decided to take a shortcut, and climb over the tree. Others would probably think this very stupid, as Jana's school shoes have two and a half inch platform heels, but no, to her it was a good idea.

'I can do this' she thought, 'It'll be fun to see everyone's faces when they find out I beat them here.'

So she put her CD player, which contained Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory and Meteora, her favorite CDs, into the front pocket of her sweatshirt and climbed up.

Luckily, she made it to the top without falling...and she stood there. Precriously balanced on a tree, a ten foot fall on either side of her, and she just stood there.

' These woods are so beautiful from up here,' she thought, 'I wonder how many people have seen them from this angle.'

As she thought this, she felt a familiar feeling in her right ankle.

'Shit.' That was all she had time to think before her ankle gave way. She stumbled, bending her ankle in a way she didn't think she was supposed to, and fell. As she fell, she could only think that her ankle really hurt, and that there was no trail where one was supposed to be.


END CHAPTER

********************************************************** ***********


ok, I have taken this story off fanfiction.net and re-done it because people there just don't seem to know how to review. So. how was it? should I continue or not? please review, because if I don't get feedback, I assume everybody hates my stories and I take them off the internet completely and put them on a disk where I keep writing, but only I am able to read. I am open to all kinds of reviews, including flames, so please review!




Ja ne, writer03