InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Taking Back, Taking Her ❯ Chapter 2

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Hey everyone, I updated! Please review if you read this…please!

Once again, I don't own the Inuyashsa characters…I have simply borrowed them temporarily for my own pleasure.

P.S. Sesshomaru has two arms, and I will try my best to prevent OOC-ness

Ch. 2

Kagome was thinking to herself, as she walked to a hot spring near where she and the rest of her friends were camping at the edge of the Western Lands.

`Inuyasha is so thick!' she fumed. `I have dropped I-don't-know how many hints, but he just doesn't seem to get it. I mean, everyone but he has figured out that I love him! ... Sometimes Inuyasha can be so frustrating.' She sighed

`Ah well, as long as Sesshomaru doesn't kill him, I still have time.`

Kagome kept walking, carrying her towel and shampoo, whistling a tune to herself. All of a sudden, she felt something. It was an aura, but she couldn't tell what it belonged to. She stopped, the person was close. She put down her things and searched the ground. After about five minutes, Kagome found someone.

She was laying on the ground, facedown and unconscious. Kagome noticed that she was wearing a school uniform, with a sweatshirt over it. There was writing on the back of the sweatshirt, and Kagome realized that it was English.

She rolled the girl over. She had shoulder length brown hair, with blonde highlights. Her skin was tan and had freckles; she looked to be about Kagome's age. The girl's eyes were closed, and Kagome noticed that her nose was bleeding sluggishly, and broken.

`Wow, how'd this person get here? And how'd she get hurt?' Kagome lay the girl back onto the ground gently.

"I'll be right back," she told the foreign girl, "I'm going to get help." She then turned, completely forgetting about her bathing items, and ran as fast as she could to the campsite.

***************************

Sesshomaru was restless, not that he'd ever admit it. It had been nearly a whole moon since he had heard that cursed prophecy, and he still couldn't get it out of his head. Not only that, but every day, the feeling that something related to the prophecy was coming kept getting stronger. It really aggravated him.

He was currently trying to get rid of his frustration the only way he knew how…killing something. But he had been frustrated so long, not many of anything came near the Western Lands anymore. He sighed to himself.

`If only the thing causing this feeling would happen already…'

-If you need to do something so damned badly, why don't you just find your brother and take the Tetsusaiga? There's no way he would be able to beat you, even with all his human friends.-

Sesshomaru stopped.

Why hadn't he thought of this before? The half-breed would not be anywhere near as powerful as him, and he'd finally be able to get his father's fang!

Sesshomaru let out a growl of satisfaction at the victory he could nearly taste before putting on his armor, grabbing his swords and leaving his castle.

`Now, where can I find my little brother?' he thought with menace as he sniffed the air.

A breeze came in just then from the east, bringing with it the scents Sesshomaru knew belonged to his half-brother and the pathetic humans that traveled with him.

Smiling inwardly, Sesshomaru set off in the direction he was sure Inuyasha was, so wrapped up in his thoughts of finally owning the Tetsusaiga, he didn't even notice that a new scent was in the air, one that he had never smelt before, mixed with blood.

**************************

Jana was aware of birds chirping and of the hard ground beneath her before she was fully awake. She was currently in that state where you're asleep, but you're aware of your immediate surroundings.

The sun was beating down on her eyes, causing them to hurt, and waking her fully. She tried to sit up, but groaned in pain when she realized she was injured.

'Well fuckitty fuck fuck fuck.' she thought, 'How the hell am I supposed to get home now?'

As usual, her one track mind focused on what was most important to her: getting home. All thoughts of the injuries she hadan't yet acknowledged were pushed to the back of her mind. After sitting for about five minutes trying to think of how to get home, she figured she should try to assess her physical condition before doing anything else.

She gently started to feel the parts of her body that hurt. Her nose was the worst. She touched it cautiously, knowing it was very sensitive to pain, and suddenly pain leapt through it like wildfire. Tears rose unbidden to her eyes, and kept coming despite her attempt to stop them. Her nose was broken, but she didn't know how it came to be like that.

Next came her troublesome right ankle. She knew it was weak, and that it always gave out at the worst times, but she had never injured it before. Looking at it, she wanted to cry. It was not only most definitely broken, but also swollen to the size of a small grapefruit.

'There's no way I'll get out of here soon' she realized. Sighing in defeat, she made a decision.

'I have no food or water, and it will hurt to move, but I have to get home.' Determined, she stood slowly, putting all her weight on her left ankle.

She looked around, thanking God for the abundance and closeness of trees in the forest, and started off in a direction, using the trees as supports. As she hobbled along, feeling like a cripple and trying to ignore the pain coursing through her body, she looked up at the sky.

The sun was setting, and she was heading West. Had she looked down at the ground a foot away from her, she would have spotted assorted bathing supplies, but she was too focused on each step, concentrating with all her might on making it home in one piece, and nearly completely oblivious to anything but the trees, the ground and herself.

****************************

Sesshomaru was walking through the forest, inwardly grinning like a child who is playing hide and seek and knows where everybody else is hiding.

'Today is the day. I can feel it. Today is the day I will finally defeat the half-breed and his insufferable miko.' he said to himself. He was feeling incredibly excited... the Tetsusaiga would be his at last. Allowing himself a predatory smile, he walked on, the setting sun behind him bathing his tall figure in soft light...and he walked on.

He was nearing the place where his half brother and his humans were camping. He could smell it. Finally breaking through the brush at the edge of the clearing, Sesshomaru stopped and drew Toukijin. Facing him was his brother...with the Tetsusaiga in his hands.

"Well Hanyou...we meet again. I'm sure you know why?" Sesshomaru called out.

Inuyasha knew why, there was never any reason Sesshomaru would come to him besides his trying to claim the sword he now held in his hands.

"Of course I know. I'm not stupid. Now, can we get on with my hurting you and you running away in defeat so my friends and I can get back to work?" Inuyasha replied, a mocking tone in his voice.

Sesshomaru fumed at his half brother's suggestion that he was better.

'I'll show him'

"This Sesshomaru does not flee in defeat, nor will a hanyou ever have anywhere near half my skill. I tell you...I will kill you, and our father's fang will be mine."

"Oh stuff it. You have tried, what, fifteen times already to get it? If you're so damned powerful, why is it still in my possession?" Inuyasha shot back.

His comments were angering Sesshomaru to a dangerous level, and just as Sesshomaru was about to attack the hanyou, he felt a sharp pain in his thigh, followed by a burning sensation. He quickly looked down, and saw an arrow buried in his thigh, a bright pink energy pulsating from it. He looked at the miko, her bow still in hand and already purifying another arrow, to his brother, who was wearing a smug look on his face.

'They tricked me!' he thought, outraged at the at his brother. 'He was distracting me so she could shoot me with one of those cursed arrows!'

Before it could cause lasting damage, he pulled the arrow out of his leg, snapped it and threw it away.

"This is not over." He glared at the hanyou, "The fang will be mine." With that, he disappeared, heading back West, to his home.

**********************

Jana felt many things. She felt fear of never getting home, she felt pain from her injuries, she felt curiousity of the place she was in, but most of all, she felt fatigued. She had been walking for about an hour...actually, it's more like hopping.

She had tried not to put any weight on her right ankle, but a couple of times she couldn't help it. When her foot came in contact with the ground, waves of pain came from her ankle and moved up her leg. It hurt, and she knew she should be resting, but she was too stubborn to.

She had left the forest, and though there were trees around, was obviously traversing through a plain. Off in the far distance, she thought she could see a building, but wasn't sure.

After falling and hurting her ankle even more for the third time, Jana decided it was time to stop. She wanted to keep going, but knew that if she didn't stop now, she would fall again, and most likely would not get up again.

She lay down where she was on a tuft of grass, and promptly fell into a deep sleep. She didn't know where, or even when she was, and didn't particularly care. She didn't even wonder whether there were other people around, she was just too tired.

Just after she had fallen asleep, a person found her.

**********************

He looked at her sleeping form, so peaceful that he almost didn't want to wake her. She was young, and human, he noticed, but not bad looking, and very pleasing to smell, like a flower he had never smelt before, not like other humans.

The girl was tall and well-muscled, though she was wearing such indecent clothing, he was forced to think she was a common whore. He suddenly got angered at her for tresspassing on his lands, but he took one look at her face and realized he couldn't leave her here or kill her. She captivated him, though he couldn't tell you why if his life depended on it. She wasn't really beautiful, or really ugly. Her face was long, but round, with very tan skin and a crop of freckles dusting her obviously broken nose. Her full lips were colored a soft pink, though at the moment they were stained in places with dried blood. Her short hair was a light brown, with blonde highlights and no bangs.

In the second that he layed eyes on her face, he knew. This was the one the prophecy was talking about. The one who would save the world. He also knew that she was important for another reason, but didn't know what it was.

He could tell that she was in much pain, for it was evident on her face even in sleep. He looked at her some more, not realizing the feelings she was awakening in him, and though he was still in a lot of pain from the miko's arrow Sesshomaru couldn't help but pick up the sleeping girl, somewhat annoyed and confused by what he was doing, and continue on his way to his castle.

END CHAPTER

*************************************

So, the next chapter. what do you think? was it good, or should I give up altogether? I really want some feedback please, it's very discouraging not to get a review. I think I'll cry soon. I accept constructive criticism and flames. If there is something that really bothers you about this fic, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Ja ne, writer03