InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Talk to Me ❯ Hellelujah! ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Talk to Me

Chapter Three: Hellelujah!

A man dressed in black stood in a rather large and very expensive room, in front of a medium sized desk.

On normal occasions, he would've seen the boss's face, but the chair's back was turned to him, and all he could see was nothing.

"Did you catch him?" The boss said, his rich, deep voice sent shivers down the man's spine.

He nodded his head, answering the question adequately enough even though the unseen man could not see it. "Yes. We caught him."

"Good." His tone of speaking was cold, but the man was sure that his boss was smiling. "Bring him to me as soon as possible."

"Yes," the man said, and left the room with a sigh.

~

Inuyasha opened one lazy eye and looked at the ceiling. Yesterday, after they stared at each other for something that looked like hours, the curtain came back down. He felt good, though, knowing that she was there, from the other side of the window. It made him calmer, less angry...

Of course a part of him was still angry. He was locked in here and so was she and now that fucking window kept them away from each other.

He went to sleep, afterwards, and just woke as the curtain came back up. Can't they decide if it's up or down? He thought irritated.

That girl was not modest, he decided. When she took off her clothes, he gaped at her for a moment, completely shocked; soon embarrassment came to take over surprise, and he turned his eyes away.

But at the moment, everything was peaceful. Well, as it could be peaceful if the curtain wasn't up, and doctors circled her, not letting him see what was happening. He almost wished that the curtain were never raised. He highly suspected that they weren't hurting her. A soft growl escaped his throat.

And he returned to look with lazy, diluted anger at the ceiling.

They would pay... each and every one of them would pay...

~

Kagome lay on her bed, waiting for something to happen. She knew that something would happen, and she didn't like that knowing. She knew that something would happen to her, and not just to her. It would also happen to that man... It would be something bad.

Kagome didn't like bad things. Kagome didn't like changes. Kagome didn't like that feeling.

She stared at the wall. There wasn't much to do, and on some occasion she tried to hurt herself because of that. She felt like that at the moment, and knowing that something bad was going to happen, didn't help her. It made it worse.

She decided that she didn't want to think about the matter anymore, and the best way she knew about not wanting to think about things was to run. Run, get tired, sleep for a long time, and everything will go away, a bit by bit. All she needed was a good exercise. Nothing more.

She got up, and went to the machine that she used to run on. It was heavy, big and cumbersome, and she didn't know why it was like that- just for running.

Kagome ran. As she ran, she felt her heart race its pace; she felt her quickening breathing, she felt her lungs screech for more air. The muscles of her leg felt tired at first, but when she got used to the pace, she felt that if she'd stopped, her legs would continue to run. Or else fail her and she'd fall onto the floor.

And as if from nowhere, darkness came. It wasn't that she'd lost her consciousness, but it was the room itself that blackened gravely. And the treadmill stopped. Kagome continued to run, though, her legs were not ready for the sudden change. She hit the control panel, and fell onto the ground, twisting in the process, her ankle and head hit hardly on the machine.

This time, the darkness took her and her senses to unconsciousness, her mind blank and dark from the inside, and the room was dark in the outside.

~

Inuyasha had better senses than those stupid humans thought he had. His ears were sharp and eyes were keen, and not to mention his good sense of smell...

No human could ever match him, and no human could even dream about how it was to have senses like that.

Because of his senses he could see in the dark. He saw the people from the other side of the door window see very surprised. Some people even had a frantic look that seemed to say, 'how could it possibly happen?'

Inuyasha smirked. He liked to see their expressions. He liked to see them run with fear because of the blackout. If he had strained his ears a little, and even without straining them he could hear them. The humans really didn't know how sharp his hearing was...

Inuyasha let out a frustrated growl. He tried to break the door for uncounted times, but it was too strong. He also tried to break that damned window... but it felt the same...

He frowned. A sudden thought struck him. If the window and the door felt the same, and he could hear what happened at the other side of the door, why couldn't he to hear what happened at the other side of the wind-

Something was in the room. But the door- it was closed. Inuyasha moved his head to the direction of the presence. He could see... Nothing.

It shouldn't be like that, Inuyasha thought. It can't be...

He heard something fall right next to his bed. His reflexes worked faster than his brain and he jumped to the place where the noise came from and tried to grab that "person".

He felt that thing as he caught it. No matter what, it wasn't a person. Then that thing disappeared and Inuyasha held nothing.

"Be quiet, Inuyasha..." Something whispered into his ear. "And get away... away from here..." Inuyasha froze. What happened? What was that?

Suddenly, he felt a tongue. At least he thought it was a tongue... It traveled down his neck. Inuyasha tried to push the owner of it away, but there was nothing he could push.

Then, that thing bit him. Inuyasha stared blankly straight forward with shock for a moment, his mind didn't seem to digest what just happened. When his mind digested it, he tried to get away. But his legs felt weird, like they couldn't hold him for long.

His eyes couldn't see anymore. His ears couldn't hear. His nose couldn't smell.

Inuyasha gasped for air. He couldn't breathe... He fell to his knees... his legs failed him. His head felt heavier with each inhale...

Little by little, Inuyasha fell asleep, knocking his head over the bed's leg, and then half of his torso entered somehow to the space between the bed and the floor...

~

It was dark. The room was dark. That was the thing that the guard, Touya, thought about. This room was usually lit by something... Touya didn't like that darkness. It was so…dark.

He looked at the long rusty bars. No one ever understood what they needed to guard, to not let out. As the charges of the place hired people, they just gave them a gun and a flashlight. They didn't even check if they knew how to use it.

Touya shuddered. It wasn't just dark...it was also cold...

Suddenly, when his face was turned to the... "cage", two glistening orbs lit the darkness around them and smiled. For a moment, Touya thought that was an invisible moth that had smiled coldly.

And it really did.

Touya's scream echoed in the small and stony cave for a long time after he died painfully and slowly.

That morning, when Touya's substitute arrived, all he saw was a bloodied body, broken brown bars, and a sentence written on the floor. The one who wrote it used Touya's blood as ink.

And all that thing wrote was

"I am back".

A/N:

OK. Third chappie. ^_^ Okay, if you want me to tell you when it's updated, leave your email and I'll get back to you. :] I won't hunt for it, mind you... @_@

This chapter is dedicated to Liza-imouto-chan and Alisa. You still owe me a chapter... *grin* BOTH of you. :)

Hope you people enjoyed! I sure did, although I lost the first notebook of this chapter... I didn't lose the second, though {well, I did. But I found it... ^^;}!!

Hope for your reviews {they help me write... :D}, me,

NETTA.

XD