InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Tear Drops ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Tear Drops
By: DarkCrystalis
XxXx
Chapter Seven
Miroku lay the kitchen floor, alone and uncomfortable. He sighed, and bit his lower lip in annoyance.
I wonder how long I was unconscious…I sodidn't deserve this…
“Okay, so maybe I did…”
XxXx
15 Minutes Earlier

Sango woke up feeling refreshed, and slightly annoyed. Memories from the night before floated through her mind, making her scowl. Pretty much everything had been going well; the drive there (especially when Miroku proved that arrogant cop wrong), the food was excellent, and his company was enjoyed for the first little whilebut then the damn pervert had to go and ruin everything—as usual. It wasn't fair; it simply wasn't fair…
Wrinkling her nose in unhappiness, she suddenly realized that the first Darkest Wish practice was today. Finally, something positive to look forward to—that wouldn't involve scheming perverts and bitchy cops.
Rolling out of bed, Sango lazily threw on a new change of clothes, and went downstairs. Kagome stood in the kitchen, cooking breakfast while Rin watched a television program in the living room—it looked like cartoons…
As she entered the room, Kagome turned around and gave her a bright smile.
“Good morning, Sango-chan! How was the date? We want to hear all the sexy little details…” As Kagome said this, Rin turned off her program and walked into the kitchen as well, in order to hear what happened last night.
“Nothing, Kagome-chan, nothing at all…” Her cold expression made the girls shrink back a little in uneasiness.
“What do you mean?” Kagome exclaimed in surprise, not fully comprehending what she was trying to say.
“He fucked up everything, didn't he?” Rin was always too smart for her own good…
“Yeah, I guess you could say he did.”
Before Kagome could get any more details, guess who walked in…
…and received death glares from three women, but one in particular…
“Hentai!” Kagome grunted in a disgusted tone, and smacked his right cheek.
“Dumbass!” Rin growled, smacking his other cheek.
“I hate you,” Sango murmured before kneeing him in the balls, making him drop to the floor in sudden pain as she walked away. “Maybe that'll teach you to think with your brain first instead of your dick,” she announced loathingly over her shoulder.
Kagome and Rin, both of whom were still in the kitchen, gave him icy glares until Kagome realized she was still cooking. Giving her attention back to the stove when she could smell the food starting to burn, she sighed deeply.
“No food for you; I hope for your own sake that you ate enough last night, because personally, I don't think you deserve any food,” Rin said.
As Miroku picked himself up off the floor, he grinned darkly. “You're right—I don't want or deserve burnt food, anyway.”
This was how he got kicked a second and third time, which left him motionless on the kitchen floor for the next fifteen minutes.
XxXx
Hours later, after a burnt breakfast and watching television…
“Okay, let's try that again…”
Kagome and Sango's electric guitars were quiet in the background in the beginning, the music flowing through the huge amplifiers right behind her. They played the lines of music as artfully as an artist using a paint brush; yet at the same time, they held that rough edge that has always been a part of their personality. The harmonized sound was sickly and disturbing which sent a chill up your spine, exactly what the band had been going for. Then, the low tune of their song “Lying From You” rang out, and the volume increased five fold seconds later for an effect which was executed perfectly.
When the electric guitar blasted loudly, Rin began to beat on the drums, the loud, strong rhythm echoing in the small room before the signing started.
After a few bars, Sango began to rap the circus-like tune while playing her guitar, the words echoing in the amps behind her as she cradled the stand-microphone in between her legs, her hands busily strumming the strings on her guitar with a pick. Kagome sang and rapped the background lyrics, offering additional emphasis on the cold, harsh words.
When I pretend,
Everything is what I want it to be,
I looked exactly lik
e what you always wanted to see.
When I pretend,
I can't forget about the criminal I am,
Stealing second after
second just cause I know I can.
But
, I can't pretend that this is the way, it'll stay, I'm just,
(Trying to fend the truth)
.
I can't pretend I'm who you want me to
be so I'm,
(Lying my way from)


You
.
(No, no turning back now)
I wanna
be pushed aside, so let me go
(No, no turning back now)
Let me take back my life
.
I'd rather be, all alone
,
(No turning back now)
Anywhere on my own, cause I can see
,
(No, no turning back now)
The very worst part of you…
Is me
.
There was no pause between the lines; the rapped words continued, flowing from Sango's mouth as if she'd just sang the song yesterday. It seemed that some things were never forgotten, even after several years.
I remember what they taught to me,
Remember condescending talk,
Of who I ought to be.
Remember listening to all of that,
And this again,
So I pretended up a person who was fitting in.
And now you think this person,
Really is me and I'm,
(Trying to fend the truth ).
The more I push,
The more I'm pulling away,
Cause I'm,
(Lying my way from)


You.
(No, no turning back now)
I wanna be pushed aside, so let me go
,
(No, no turning back now)
,
Let me take back my life.

I'd rather be, all alone
,
(No turning back now)
,
Anywhere on my own, cause I can see
,
(No, no turning back now)
,
The very worst part of you….
The very worst part of you….
Is me
.
The guitar rifts took on a much darker tone, making the song sound angry and disturbing, but the lyrics behind it all described something much different.
This isn't what I wanted to be,
I never thought that what I said,
Would have
you running from me,
Like this.

This isn't what I wanted to be,
I never thought that what I said,
Would have you running from me,
(Like this).
This isn't what I wanted to be,
I never thought that what I said,
Would have you running from me,
(Like this).
This isn't what I wanted to be,
I never thought that what I said,
Would have you running from me,
Like this
.
You
(No
turning back now)
I wanna be pushed aside, so let me go
,
(No, no turning back now)
,
Let me take back my life.

I'd rather be, all alone
,
(No turning back now)
,
Anywhere on my own, cause I can see
,
(No, no turning back now)
,
The very worst part of you….
The very worst part of you….
Is me
.
When the song finally ended, they stopped to wipe the sweat off of their red faces.
“That felt…so good…” Rin panted, feeling the sticky sweat drip down her entire body.
“No kidding,” Kagome replied, tugging on her shirt to let in some fresh air to cool off her chest.
Sango said nothing for a good while, now holding the mic in her hands, her head dropped down low.
“You okay?” Kagome asked, concerned for her friend.
She nodded, and went over to the piano which had been set up earlier.
In response, quiet singing was dispersed through the amplifiers, unaccompanied by Rin or Kagome. It wasn't acoustic, but it was heartbreaking at the same time. Sango was seated in front of their piano, and she played the keys gently as she said the words. The other two, realizing the song as “In The End” in an instant, quickly picked up their instruments and joined in.
It starts with…
One thing, I don't know why,
It doesn't even matter how hard you try.
Keep that in m
ind that I designed this rhyme,
T
o explain in due time,
All I know…


Time is a valuable thing,
Watch it
flock by as the pendulum swings.
Watch it count down to the end of the day,
The clock ticks like the waves,
It's so unreal.

Didn't look out below,
Watch the time go right out
the window.
Trying to hold on,
But
didn't even know,
Wasted it all just to watch you go.


I kept everything inside,
And even though I tried,
It all fell apart.
What it meant to me,
Will e
ventually be a memory of a time when…

I tried so hard,
And got so far,
But in the end,
It doesn't even matter.


Kagome's voice floated through the room for the first time during the song, having a rough-sound which only reinforced the meaning behind the words. She knew exactly what it felt like to give her all, and not be good enough.

I had to fall,
To lose it all,

But in the end,
It doesn't even matter.


The song, filled with hurt and pain casually reflected Sango's feelings. She was annoyed that she'd given her all for Miroku, but he'd fucked everything up.In short, she felt stupid for falling for him, even if it was such a short time period. Hanging her head even lower into the mic as she played, she internally readied herself for the next lines she'd memorized ages ago.
One thing, I don't know why,
It doesn't even matter how hard you try.
Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme,
To remind myself how,
I tried so hard.

In spite of the way you were mocking me,
Acting like I was part of your property,
Remembering all the times you fought with me,
I'm surprised it got so (far).

Things aren't the way they were before,
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore,
Not that you knew me back then,
But it all comes back to me,
In the end.
Yes, he mocked her; with every grope, Miroku mocked her entire being, making her feel inadequate and worthless, as if she didn't deserve to be more than just a toy to be played with. He was pushing too far, and soon, when push comes to shove, he'll be thrown backwards.

You kept everything inside,
And even though I tried,
It all fell apart.
What it meant to me,
Will eventually be a memory of a time when…


Kagome sang away, closing her eyes as the waves of music crashed over her. She rocked back and forth, feeling the music from within her soul slowly erupt.

I tried so hard,
And got so far,
But in the end,
It doesn't even matter.

I had to fall,
To lose it all,
But in the end,
It doesn't even matter.

I've put my trust in you,
Pushed as far as I can go,
And for all this,
There's only one thing you should know…


Taking a deep breath, Kagome braved on, singing the words as if they meant the world to her. She only had a split second before next next verse came; she had to be ready for the climactic part of the song.

I've put my trust in you,
Pushed as far as I can go,
And for all this,
There's only one thing you should know…

I tried so hard,
And got so far
,
But in the end
,
It doesn't even matter
.

I had to fall,
To lose it all
,
But in the end
,
It doesn't even matter
.

The music played until it faded away, leaving nothing but the stony silence in the room.
Then, a quiet clapping resounded from the doorway. There stood Inuyasha, Sesshoumaru and Miroku, all watching them with approval on their faces.
Inuyasha was the first to move, quickly joining his woman's side, embracing her sweat-clad form.

“That was beautiful, koishii, but not nearly as beautiful as you…” In response she blushed lightly, burying her face in his broad chest.

Rin looked away from the scene, knowing Sesshoumaru would never do something like that in front of other people—his life and things in it were always kept private, and professional. He'd never hug her when others could see; that was his personality, and she respected it. Instead, she saw him nod at her, a faint grin gracing his pale lips. It was enough to make her feel giddy, and forget about how possessively and lovingly Kagome was held in Inuyasha's arms.
Sango ignored all of them completely, not liking the loving which was either obvious such as Inuyasha and Kagome, or more stealthily shown, meaning Sesshoumaru and Rin.
Mumbling a “See you later” to her band mates, she exited the newly named “Practice Room” and began the short trek to her quarters. She badly needed a shower after the long and excruciating practice which had worn her out, physically and emotionally.
As she began to ascend the stairs, a soft voice from behind caught her off guard.
“So, what exactly are you practicing in there? Anything I should know about?” The undertones in his voice clearly showed that he was thinking dirtily, but Sango snapped on him nonetheless.
“We were singing, and playing our musical instruments—couldn't you hear, or are you deaf?”
Taken aback, Miroku moved away a few paces, not wanting to get too close within her immediate range.
“No, I was just…”
Just what, Miroku? Playing around with me, like some sort of toy? Don't you think I deserve better than that? Personally, I think I do.

“Wait a minute…that's not what I…”

Shut up. I've been shoved around my entire life by my parents, never being able to make decisions of my own; everything was always done for me, and I never had things the way I wanted them. I made the unwise choice of going out to dinner with you; Miroku, you had your second chance, and you've just kissed it goodbye. Now, I live with my friends, have a great job, and I love my life—without a pervert likeyou in it.”

Storming off, she ran down the hall to the nearest bathroom, slamming the door shut. It was good he couldn't see the tears which streamed down her cheeks as she sank against the thick wood of the bathroom door; he might realize that she hadn't meant
everything she'd said.
XxXx
Miroku stood there, too dumbfounded to say or do anything. He watched her run off, probably to the nearest bathroom where she wouldn't be disturbed. All it had been was some groping, and he'd nearly had his head chopped off over it. Was what he'd done wrong honestly that bad?
Sinking onto the bottom stair, he held his head in his hands. This was a complete disaster—all for what, a few grabs of her ass? Was it worth losing her over such a tiny obsession?
The answer was that it wasn't, and if he was going to win her back, it'd better be soon—before she left for the music competition she was invited to, given to her through email.
As he took a deep breath to steady himself, a sharp pain shot through his chest. Gritting his teeth, Miroku waited weakly until the pain subsided as he sunk onto his knees on the soft carpet, leaving imprints as he stayed in that position for a long while. As his legs shook, he lay down, and inhaled deeply, exhaling slowly.
The pain began to clear, and thank god—because at that moment in time the others were coming back from the band room. It wouldn't have been good if he'd been seen, sprawled out on the carpet like he had been seconds earlier.
“Hey,” he said weakly as the others passed him.
“Oh, hey Miroku—what are you doing sitting on the stairs like that?” Inuyasha asked, unknowing of the events that had happened the night before.
“Nothing, just…relaxing,” he lied through his teeth, biting his tongue to prevent himself from telling the truth.
“We aren't millionaires for nothing, ya know—we have couches and chairs in the living room, and bedrooms for relaxing; you're really weird.”
Miroku resisted the temptation to roll his eyes, and got up on shaky feet. None of them noticed, thankfully, but he didn't attempt to walk, in fear of falling flat on his face.
“Come on, Miroku; the hockey game will be starting soon, we can't miss it!” Inuyasha stood there, waiting patiently for him to follow. Sesshoumaru and Rin had already gone upstairs; Sesshoumaru probably to do work, while Rin went to shower after her grueling practice. Kagome waited alongside Inuyasha, also adoring watching the fast-paced, violent sport.
“Uh, in a minute, `Yash.”
An eyebrow was raised, but no questions were asked as the couple padded off to the living room, holding hands and exchanging words quietly amongst one another.
Plopping back down on the stair, Miroku wiped the sweat from his forehead, taking in short, shaky breaths. Whenever this happened, he never failed to feel anything short of shaken up afterwards.
He could hear the shower starting, knowing that it was probably Sango, and this thought calmed him. His thoughts began to wander, imagining what she may look like minus a few articles of clothing. For some odd reason, he always felt better whenever he thought of her—ever since a couple days ago at the office, she'd captured his interest, and never let go. Even stranger was the fact that he felt like he knew her somehow, although that couldn't be possible. How could he forget someone as gorgeous as her?
Loud shouts began to erupt from the living room, signaling that the game was about to begin. Wearily, Miroku strolled over and collapsed onto the comfortable chair, extra cushiony. Acting as if nothing was wrong, and everything was right in the world, Miroku pulled up his façade, and let it play.
“So, what have I missed?”
XxXx
As she showered, her thoughts wandered back to him—his smile, his charms, and everything…everything what? She'd known him for all of a few days, and suddenly she felt like she knew him inside out? It didn't make sense—was it possible that they'd met before, a long time ago?
Rubbing her eyes as the water sprayed onto her face, she shook her head.
A sudden flash of dark hair, smouldering brown eyes and deep laughter flashed across her memories.
Impossible…
Loud laughter coming from an individual person surrounded by a group of people floated through her mind, as if she knew those people.
Who was…?
A curious, smart person—the same one from the other two memories—asked questions from the front of a classroom while cracking a joke all in the same sentence.
No; it couldn't be…
Banging her head against the shower wall, Sango withheld the strong urge to scream. It would explain why she felt like she knew him…
“Miroku went to my high school?!”
XxXx
Author's Note
BREAKING NEWS:
I NOW HAVE A WEBSITE!

Do you want to

Read some of my UNPOSTED fanfiction(s) before they're uploaded anywhere else?

Read chapters for my fanfictions that will be posted on my personal website DAYS BEFORE
they're uploaded on other fanfiction websites?

Know more about me?

See what I (and others important to me) look like?

Go to my homepage website, located in myfanfictionprofile,or go here, WITHOUT THE SPACES:
www . darkcrystalis . com


Leave picture comments, reviews for fanfictions, or find my contact information!

Thank you to those that choose to visit, and I hope you like the site! For those that don't, you're missing out!
Now, on with the regular Author's Note…
Late chapter and perhaps a tad on the short side, I know—and maybe it wasn't even worth the extended wait. Criticize me all you'd like—I happen to have had exams, assignments and such for the past few weeks, and didn't have time to write, which would explain why I haven't been able to update any of my other stories.

Not only that, but I had a bad case of writer's block…so don't sue me if this chapter isn't up to any of your standards. This chapter lacked the story's normal funny qualities, but I wasn't looking for a humorous chapter to begin with—I needed to introduce some things in this chapter which will have greater significance later on.
If you're confused, good! If you know exactly what's going on, I'm going to cry—because not even I do! I have an idea of what I'd like to happen, but nothing is completely planned out—except the ending, which I will tell none of you about!
Anyway, please read and review…constructive reviews, things I can improve on, things you liked, anything at all, just write it up for me and I'll be eternally grateful.
Thank you to all of my readers, reviewers, and general fans—you guys are great!
Until chapter eight!
Sincerely,
-DarkCrystalis