InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's just how things are ❯ Together and Trapped ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note,

Kagome will seem a bit out of character because she is distraught and upset - really distraught and upset. By the way does anyone know about Kagome's father? Because if there is any info about him I don't know it, so if my info is incorrect then over look that fact please . . . . . you'll have to read it to see what I mean. Enjoy.

P.S.

Just a little thing. I've only seen the first two episodes of Inu Yasha so if any of the characters act/talk or are just out of character then blame it on the TV up here in the north for not showing it sooner.

*********

She ran. She didn't stop. She didn't want to stop - not ever. She stumbled along blindly tripping, falling, and crashing into things, but she didn't care. She didn't care about the rips in her jeans, about her torn shirt, the leaves and sticks in her hair, about the backpack crushing her spinal cord or even about the blood flowing down her skin. Finally she stopped her body giving in to all of the agonizing pain she felt in the legs. She sank down and looked around her realizing numbly that she was deep within Sesshomaru's territory. `How'd I get here so fast?' She thought distantly. After a while she got up and wandered around stopping suddenly at a cliff.

The girl stood with the wind blowing behind her, her hair swaying gently she looked at the wide expanse of the forest from the cliff. Silent tears cascaded down her cheek, she sighed and wiped them away irritably. "I'm such a baby for crying." Kagome said to herself. "Why am I so surprised? After all she is Kikiyo, his former love and I was just some . . . temporary doppelganger replacement. So why should I feel anything?" Kagome shot an arrow far into the forest, glaring at everything. "Why should I care? He's arrogant, selfish, cocky and a jerk. He's only stayed with me so that he could get the Shikon No Tama. It's n-not a-a-as if he c-c-cared." She sobbed to herself.

She strung another arrow and let if fly but as she did the ground she was on fell away, she frantically grabbed at the ledge and hung on for life. She smiled sardonically, "Great. Kikiyo is the dead one and I'm the live one, and guess whose about to die? Maybe if I do die Kikiyo will get all of her soul back, then she and Inu Yasha can live together." Kagome laughed bitterly, "Oh what punishment for Kikiyo." She thought if over, "No I can't die. Not yet. Mom, grandpa and Sota still need me or is it the other way around? No, suicide is selfish and cowardly." She tried to pull herself up but the rock she was holding slid away. She gasped in surprise as she fell.

*********

Sesshomaru looked around the area surveying it emotionlessly. `Sometimes it gets so dismal boring around here.' He thought. He leaped around from tree to tree when a familiar blood scent caught his attention. 'Inu Yasha's wench.' He thought leaping after her. When he found her running he was surprised to find her all alone what was also surprising was that she was crashing into to trees but kept running even as blood trailed down her skin. `What is she doing here alone? And why is she injuring herself purposely?' Sesshomaru wondered then decided to follow her. She sank down in exhaustion after running a while panting hard, she didn't even notice that the forest was silent and after a while slowly got to her feet and walked to the cliff.

"I'm such a baby for crying." She said - Kagome right? "Why am I so surprised? After all she is Kikiyo, his former love and I was just some . . . temporary doppelganger replacement. So why should I feel anything?"

`So that's it. That hanyou chose the dead girl over her.' The demon lord thought with amusement.

The human shot an arrow, "Why should I care? He's arrogant, selfish, cocky and a jerk." Sesshomaru nodded in silent agreement. `Not to mention a complete and total idiot.' "He's only stayed with me so that he could get the Shikon No Tama. It's n-not a-a-as if he c-c-cared." She started sobbing - humans and their stupid emotions.

The demon lord watched suddenly feeling a twinge of - of what? She shot another arrow but the ground gave way and she just managed to grab a protruding rock. He was amazed when she smiled at her predicament. "Great. Kikiyo is the dead one and I'm the live one, and guess whose about to die? Maybe if I do die Kikiyo will get all of her soul back, then she and Inu Yasha can live together." Kagome laughed bitterly, "Oh what punishment for Kikiyo." Sesshomaru smirked, `Yes indeed a pure hell for that dead girl.'

"No I can't die. Not yet. Mom, grandpa and Sota still need me or is it the other way around? No, suicide is selfish and cowardly." She said trying to pull herself up. The demon lord looked on in amusement. She was a capricious. One minute she was contemplating death, the next thing backing out. Then she fell.

Sesshomaru felt a bit stunned but didn't show it, he had a strong sudden urge to save her but that was an insane thought! Saving the whore - ex-whore - of his half brother. He fought with himself a bit then decided to see what happened to her body. He jumped out of the tree and down the cliff. He landed on the ground and saw her lying ten meters away on the ground face down, not moving. `Too late. Well . . . I could bring her Inu Yasha . . . and say I killed her! Yeah that would make him mad. But then again he did chose the dead reincarnation over the miko. So why should he really care about the girl?'

Kagome suddenly turned over to her side and started laughing hysterically. "I can't believe it! I'm so stupid and clumsy I can't even die properly!" She said in a coarse voice while she laughed even though her insides hurt terribly. "I'll probably be too incompetent to die at all! I'll just not die and then I'll be old forever!!" She howled harder with laugher and started to cough out blood.

Sesshomaru looked at her in contempt. She was completely hysterical, coughing out blood and crying. `Humans! They're so weak!'

Kagome spat out the blood in her mouth then sighed, "I'll never let him hurt me again. I'll never let anyone hurt me the way he did, never again." She whispered savegely. Still unaware a certain demon lord standing a few meters away whom was listening silently, "I'll never let anyone hurt me again. Never never never never. Maybe that's why most demons are cold - they know they'll get hurt if they try to feel, they know about the pain. So that's why they're cold." She chuckled now tears coursing down like a river down her cheeks. "Ah to be a demon, to be unapproachable, to have people cower before you in fear, to be able to decide when and where to end a weakling's life. Great and evil power coursing through your veins . . . . . I'd love that . . . . . I'd love to get my hands on the tetsusaiga and kill Inu Yasha and his harlot . . . . ." Kagome murmured closing her eyes in a dead faint.

The demon lord of the west looked at the miko with a look of complete surprise, which showed on his face. She wanted to kill Inu Yasha? This was a side of her he'd never seen before. A complete turn around of how she normally acted. It would be a damn shame to leave someone like her lying half-dead in the forest. Perhaps, perhaps he could use her to get his father's fang . . . . .

Sesshomaru looked at Kagome and debated with himself for a while, he turned his back to her and was about to walk away when . . . .

"Sesshomaru-samma!!!!" Rin cried running up to the demon lord of the west. She was holding a big bouquet of flowers. "Rin got you some - Oh no! What happened to the lady?!" she asked dropping the flowers and running up to Kagome. Jaken huffed and panted as he emerged from the brush

"Oh no! She's hurt! Sesshomaru - samma! Please! Rin asks you to help her! Please!" she said kneeling beside the wounded woman. She looked up at the demon lord with huge pleading puppy dog eyes.

The western demon lord debated with himself once more. He kicked himself mentally before scooping up the unconscious miko in his arms. "Fine. We'll take her with us." He said tonelessly. "Jaken get her bag." He said to the toad thing.

Rin squealed in delight and hugged Sesshomaru's leg, "Rin is really happy! Thank you thank you!!!!" she let go of his leg and bent to pick up her flowers, "Yay! Rin has a new playmate! Thank you!!!"

"Hmph." He said as they started bounding off homeward, knowing that he would desperately regret this somehow.

He just didn't know just how right he was.

*********

"Ow. No. Leave me alone. Don't . . . don't!!! I'm sorry! I'm sorry . . . just don't . . . NO!!!!" Kagome shouted she thrashed around the blankets swearing at some unknown assailant. "Let her go you fucking asshole! NO!!! Mother!!! Grandpa!!! LET GO!!!! SOTA!!!!!" she screamed throwing blind punches swearing, screaming, and crying. "Kip-kip . . . . . no I'm . . . . . so sorry." She stopped struggling and went limp, "Kip-kip, oh Kip. I'll avenge you I swear . . . I'll kill father, I'll kill him I swear I will. I just . . . have . . . to find the bastard . . . . ." Kagome opened her eyes and sat up rubbing her swollen eyes. She looked down at herself and was surprised to see she was wearing a silk robe, even more so when she saw she was in a bedroom. "Where am I?" she said pulling back the drapes on the canopy bed.

"In my home."

Kagome gasped and looked up at Sesshomaru who was standing in the doorway. "What am I doing here?!" she demanded. She held back a gasp when he was suddenly in front of her. "Well?!" she asked swallowing back her fear.

"You do realize, of course, that you are in no position to harass me in my own hearth. Especially when I can kill you right now." He said coldly. He admired her courage though.

The raven-haired beauty just glared, "If you wanted to have killed me then you would've just left me to rot in that chasm. So what am I doing here?"

Dammit! She was right, she was smart - for a human, "My ward wanted a new play mate." He said simply. "Who is Kip-kip?" he asked dully. For some reason he was very curious about the dream.

Karome blanched, "I dreamed about it again . . . . . no wonder I feel like dirt . . ." she whispered to herself. "I'll avenge you Kip-kip, I swear to the moon I will." She looked up at the demon lord sadly, "You can ask me about the dream but I won't answer unless I must." She said quietly. She sat crossed legged on the bed her shoulders drooping.

Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow, but didn't ask anything. After a long silence the girl looked up again, "Where's my bag?" she asked wearily.

"Here it is!!!"

The miko and the demon lord turned to see a small black haired child happily bounding up to the bed a heavy yellow bag in her arms. The girl put the bag beside Kagome and beamed brightly. "Thanks kiddo." Kagome said and instinctively ruffled up the girl hair like she would to Sota or Shippo.

The girl grinned wider, "Rin's name is Rin! Rin doesn't mind getting your bag! What's the pretty lady's name?"

Kagome grinned back, "My names Kagome. Nice to meet you Rin." She said take the girls hand and shaking it.

Rin giggled and pumped her hand up and down vigorously, "Will Kagome play with Rin?" she asked excitedly.

Kagome picked the girl up and placed her beside her. "Of course. Wait let me get something for you." She opened up her bag and started digging around in it, "Now where is it? Hhhmmm . . . . . lets see, Ramen, rope, Ramen, keys, Ramen, flashlight, Ramen, Pocky, Ramen, First Aid Kit, Ramen, homework, Ramen, batteries, Ramen, Med Book, Ramen . . . ." Kagome dug through her pack pulling up stuff and pilling them onto the bed. "Ergh. Why did I bring so much Ramen?! Ah here it is!" she said triumphantly holding up a small pink and flowery satchel. "Here Rin, I used to love playing with it as a child, but I've out grown the whole dolly thing. I brought it with me today to give to some village girls, but here."

Rin opened up the satchel and pulled something out. She squealed in delight as she held up two plastic ponies, "Oh! They're SSOO cute!!!"

Kagome smiled. `My Little Pony never fails.' She thought triumphantly. Then emptied out the other ponies, barbies, doll clothes and beanie babies. Sesshomaru was nowhere to be seen, probably went of to do some work. "I wish I brought the Barbie house with me." She said with a sigh.

The girl looked at Kagome curiously, "Barbie house?"

The teen grinned, "Yeah! I have a Barbie house, a Barbie castle, a Barbie beach house, a My Little Pony castle, a My Little Pony boat, a My Little Pony Field, a Barbie candy maker, a Barbie oven I even have a My Little Pony pillow and blanket up in my attic. And a Barbie night gown that would fit you. I also have tons more dolls. Oh and I also have a playdough, lego blocks, jenga, jacks, and my old dresses which I know would fit you, I know! Next time I go home I'll bring them with me for you." She said smiling broadly.

Rin's eyes grew wide and her smile was huge, "Rin would really really really like that! Then Kagome and Rin can play all day!"

"Yes! And could paint nails, do each others hair, tell secrets, have pillow fights, play dress up!!! Oh I've ALWAYS wanted a little sister!"

"YEAH!!! YOU CAN BE RIN'S NEWEST SISTER!!!" Rin shouted excitedly jumping up. "AND THEN YOU CAN BECOME SESSHOMARU-SAMMA'S MATE AND BE RIN'S MOMMY!!!! Kagome?" she asked when her newest sister fell of the bed.

Kagome sat up, her eyes were dilated to little periods, and sweat-dropped, "Uh . . . Rin I hate to break it to ya, but the day we become mates is the day hell freezes over."

"How come Kagome?"

"Because," she got back on the bed and sat down, "He's the Western Demon Lord and I am a human miko. It just won't work. He hates humans - except for you, no one could hate you - and I used to hang around with Inu Yasha. Those two things alone are good reasons why we'll never mate. That and he . . . . . isn't my type . . . . ."

Rin blinked, "Type?"

"Uh, you know!" she said then scratched her head. She thanked whatever god was listening for the demon lord's absence. "Types. There are all kinds of types of boys and men. Some are shy, some crazy-wild, some are nice, some are mean, some are evil and so on. Sesshomaru is that type of person that is hateful of what I am, who doesn't know and never will know me, who is full of contempt for the human race, and he's tried to kill my friends and me before. Some of the various reasons why I can't mate with him."

The little nodded in understanding, "Because you don't love him. Well maybe if you stay with Rin you'll start to love him!"

"Uh, no. I can't love him. It would be against my every little atom and proton in my genetic structure. Not to mention my genes, DNA, all the microbes, cells, pathogens, and microorganisms contained within me. " She said, "So in conclusion the day after never is when we'll love and mate with each other. Now let's play!" She said cheerfully picking up a pink pony and brushing it's hair, Rin did likewise giggling kidishly.

On one of the rafters of the room Sesshomaru sat lazily wondering what the hell DNA was.

*********

Kagome grinned as she finished with Rin's hair. "There Rin what do you think?" she asked as she held up a mirror to her sister's face.

Rin grinned hugely (doesn't she always?), "Rin loves it! Can Rin do your hair next Kagome?"

"Of course!" Kagome said grinning. Rin ran off to a corner and started looking around for the comb. Kagome set down the mirror and looked around the room, which was strewn with dolls, pillows, blankets and resembled a dump. "We'll have to clean this up." She said getting up. "But first I'll change." She stated as she looked down at the fine silk trailing around her body.

The teenager ruffled through her pack and groaned, "Oh man! I grabbed the wrong clothing!" She said pulling out her mother's black kimono, which was decorated with red and pink roses. "She's gonna kill me. Oh well it's the only thing I've got at the moment." She picked it up and made her way behind a paper screen.

A few minutes later someone knocked on the door. "Exssssscussssse me Misssssss Kagome but Lord Sssssssesshomaru wanted me to ssssssee to you. May I enter?" a feminine voice hissed.

"Uh sure." Kagome called out as she slipped stepped out from behind the screen. A snake demon entered, her upper body was that of a blue haired female the rest a snake with a rattle.

The snake demon looked Kagome up and down then slithered around her, "Yessss that will do. Where issss Lady Rin?"

"Rin is over here!" Rin cried bounding up to the two women. "Hello Makia! Is it dinner time all ready?"

Makia nodded, "Come follow me."

*********

Sesshomaru waited patiently at the foot of the table. He expected to be sitting there for a while longer when the two females entered and approached the table. His eyes widened ever so slightly at the sight of Kagome and eyed her appreciatively. `Too bad she isn't wearing that short kimono, she has nice legs.' He thought then mentally slapped himself wondering what mushroom he'd been eating too much of lately. His eyes slid down to Rin and an elegant eyebrow went up, "Rin, what in the world happened to you?"

Rin giggled as she sat down on Sesshomaru's right, "Kagome showed Rin this hairstyle ma-go-zine with a lot of hairstyles and she told Rin to pick one so she could do Rin's hair and Rin really liked the dread-locks." She said with a grin.

Kagome sat on the Western Lord's left as she was directed to, "Later you can do my hair Rin."

The girl grinned, "Yeah! They maybe you can do Sesshomaru-samma's hair! You can turn his hair into a mohawk! Or maybe even give him a mushroom cut!!"

Kagome bit her lip so hard she made it bleed then turned away with her shoulders quivering from suppressed laughter, "Uh . . . ~snigger~ su . . . sure ~snicker~ if . . . if ~giggle~ he . . . . . he . . . w . . . w. wants ~chortle~. . . t . . t . . . t . . . t . . . t . . . t .t . . . toooo." She slapped a hand over her face and screwed her eyes shut as a vision of Sesshomaru in a mohawk floated in her mind. She looked over at Rin and knew she was thinking the same thing because she too was also holding back a laugh

Sesshomaru raised his eyebrow and stared at his new houseguest then switched over to Rin, "What is so funny?"

That did it. Kagome fell to the floor clutching her gut, gasping and laughing so hard her insides hurt. Rin did likewise. She let her arms roll to the side and she half moaned half laughed, "Ican'tbreathe!!!" she wheezed then promptly went back to laughing and gasping for breathe.

"Rincan'ttoo!!!" the little girl gasped. The two females both stopped laughing eventually but when they sat down again, panting heavily and saw Sesshomaru with his raised eyebrow - they started sniggering again. Kagome buried her face in the crook of her arm and slammed the table with a fist. Rin turned around and laughed into the cushion of the arm of her chair.

Shesshomaru sighed. Life was certainly not going to be dismal and boring anymore.

*********

"Sango, Miroku. Have you seen Kagome or Shippo?" Kaede asked as she entered her hut.

Sango shook her head, "Sorry Kaede, they've been gone for four days already. They probably went back to her time."

Kaede frowned, "Wouldn't she have told us if she had left?"

Miroku shrugged, "Sometimes she just goes off without saying because Inu Yasha tries to stop her, but maybe he knows something."

The raven-haired woman nodded in agreement, "Right. Miroku ask Inu Yasha if he's heard from her

"What?! Me? Why me?"

Sango hefted her large weapon and said sweetly, "Hhhmmm . . . I was hoping you would do it because you are my friend . . . but . . ." she took an experimental swing nearly hitting Miroku, "I have other means of convincing you."

Miroku took the maiden's hands and held it to his heart. "Oh my dearest Sango I would do anything for you! All you have to do is ask. For I'm the unworthy ground you walk upon. For I am the insignificant speck on your lovely shoe. For I am - ." He said somberly.

"My new punching bag if your hand goes any lower!!!" She growled. She tore her hands away and glared. "Go ask Inu Yasha now before I kill you!"

Miroku stood up and bowed low keeping his front to her as he exited Kaede's hut. Miroku walked around in the forest he cupped his hands to his mouth, "INU YASHA!!!" he called.

"What?"

Miroku tuned around calmly and smiled, "Hello Inu Yasha. My dear friends back at Kaede's hut ask if you have, by any chance, talked to Lady Kagome."

Inu Yasha snorted, "The last time I saw her she said she'd be gone for two weeks!!!!" he growled, "Two weeks?! What the hell is she thinking!? Doesn't she remember that we have to get the Shikon no Tama back into one piece again soon?! Thank the gods we have Kikiyo with us. But still why would she be gone for two whole weeks?!"

Miroku blinked `Uh oh I think I've found out why . . .'

*********

"Rin wants to go with Kagome!" Rin said as Kagome prepared to drop down into the well. She sighed looking at the rips in her jeans, oh well she could always tell her mom it's a new fashion statement.

Kagome smiled, "Don't worry Rin. I'll be back in a flash." She said sling her bag over her shoulder. She checked up on Shippo whom she had picked up that day, but he was sleeping so she took him in his slumberous state. He was sleeping peacefully in her bag snoring lightly.

Rin pouted, "But Shippo gets to go! How come Rin can't?! Rin wants to see your home! Rin wants to see where you live underground!"

"No Rin. I don't live under ground, this well is just a portal to where I live." She explained patiently. She tried hard not to give in but Rin looked so cute when she pouted - especially since her hair was back to normal.

"But Rin wants to see please! Rin won't get hurt, promise! Sesshomaru-samma is coming too! Right Sesshomaru-samma?" the girl said sweetly. Sesshomaru, whom was standing of to the side, nodded once. "See? Now can Rin go?"

The teenager sighed, "Oh well it couldn't hurt. Come on just jump into the well." She took Rin gingerly and jumped in, Sesshomaru after looking a bit skeptical jumped in as well.

The blue lights flared around and made the demon lord a bit dizzy but soon they were gone and he was back at the bottom of the well with the girls. Only this time it looked different, there was a ladder to the side instead of ivy and a roof as well. Rin and Kagome were already halfway up the ladder, Sesshomaru took a leap and was at the top. The demon lord helped Rin to the ground as she reached the top, Kagome came up after placing a hand over the wooden railing then hurdling the rest of her body over and landing on the ground as if she had done it a million times before.

"Come on my house is - "

"KAGOME!" Kagome's mother burst into the well house and glared daggers at her daughter. "I can't believe it! Those nasty demons just HAVE to snatch you away at any given time and not tell me when you return. Oh! It just makes me MAD!!! Now seal up that well for three weeks!!!

Sesshomaru and Rin were standing to the left beside the door, looking confused - well Rin did. The demon lord just looked amused.

"But mom - "

"I SAID SEAL IT UP NOW!!! OR ELSE I'LL SEND YOU TO AN ALL GIRL ALL YEAR SCHOOL IN SIBERIA!!!!!"

Kagome squeaked then hastily sealed the well up for three weeks while casting apologetic glances at the two from feudal Japan. "I'm done mother -

"Good! Now your grandpa, Sota and me are going to be gone for the meantime. We're visiting relatives in Greece, you know Aunt Merda and Uncle Kyetsle, you're going to stay here for three weeks babysitting Kara's dog Susu, you know the wolf/wolfhound you're so fond of riding. You aren't coming with us for several reasons and I'm sure you know why. Now study, study, study! No wild parties, no boys, and NO alcohol! Bye sweetheart!!" she said kissing her daughter on the cheek and rushing out.

Kagome stood there for a while then sat down on the edge of the well, picked up Shippo and absently smoothed out the little red head's hair. She looked over at her two other companions, "Um . . . hungry?"

*********

I'll update when I can. So be patient.