InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's My Girl! ❯ That's My Girl! ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
That's My Girl!

Disclaimer:  I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

~oOo~

Little Kagome watched, quite complacently, as little Sesshoumaru scared another boy away, her best friend Sango sitting next to her, also watching the young demon frighten the coward away.  

“Why'd you let him do that, Kagome?”  she asked, curious.

“Because he's courting me,”  she replied quite calmly, a small smile on her face.  “That means I'm his, and he's doing what he's supposed to be doing.  Inupapa explained it to me,”  she finished, waiting for the little silver-haired boy to come back to her side.

“Oh,”  Sango said, her face scrunched up as she thought about that.  “It must be kinda like what Miroku does when other boys try to touch my bum.  He doesn't like that, and chases them away, too.”

Kagome nodded, a serious look on her face.  “Yeah, it's like that.  Inupapa says no other boys are supposed to touch me,”  she shrugged.  “So I don't let them, and neither does he.  I don't want to mess up the courting thing.”

Just at that moment, a commotion was heard on the playground as little Kagura and little Kanna arrived, and suddenly, a scowl broke out over little Kagome's face as she stood up and approached little Sesshoumaru, who was being crowded by the new arrivals.

Fists clenched, the little girl stomped up to little Kagura and pushed in between her and little Sesshoumaru, glaring at the mini-kazi with a pink glow wrapping around her tiny hands and a threatening look on her face.  

“Go 'way, Kagura,”  she demanded.  “Sesshoumaru's mine, and you can't have him.  He's courting ME, not YOU!”

Little Kagura glared just as fiercely back at the mini-miko, and said,  “Well, you're just a stupid human!  He should be courting me!  I bet he doesn't really want to court you, you probably bullied him into it with your stupid miko powers!”

That made little Sesshoumaru scowl.  As if he would be afraid of anyone, especially Kagome!  But before he could say anything, a red-faced, pixie-sized miko got a good one in on Kagura.

“Hah!  You're just jealous,”  the little girl said smugly.  “Because Sesshoumaru loves me, and not you.  And besides... Sesshoumaru isn't afraid of anybody, not even me or you.  You're the one that would try to bully someone to court you, because no one would want to by themselves!”  she finished triumphantly, to the giggles of the now gathered children.

Little Kagura glared at her and then burst into tears, running off to sit with little Kanna as everyone laughed at her.  She was a bully, too, and that's why everyone was laughing, because Kagome had only said the truth.  

Touga had watched the whole confrontation with a close eye, planning to intervene only if it came to blows, which it thankfully hadn't, but he couldn't help the laughter when his eldest son proudly declared,  “That's my girl,”  to the group of children, before once more plastering himself to her side.

He could just see the boy patting himself on the back, and the whole thing was absolutely hilarious.

What made it even better, was that the whole thing was giving his mother hives.

The daiyoukai snickered to himself at that - he was greatly enjoying his ex-wife's discomfiture.

That's definitely my boy!



Converting /tmp/phpA91SA7 to /dev/stdout