InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ That's My Girl! ❯ Little Kagome and the Big Bully ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Little Kagome and the Big Bully

Disclaimer:  I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

~Q~

Little Sesshoumaru met his mother's rather pinched gaze calmly.  “No, mother, I will not withdraw my claim on Kagome-chan.  I will continue to court her, and one day she will be my Lady,”  he said firmly, no compromise in his chibi voice at all.

“Surely, my little Sesshoumaru, a youkai female would be more appropriate.  Has not mother taught you better?  Humans are too weak, and not worthy of your magnificence, your strength,”  she coaxed.  “If you must court a female at this age, why not that nice little Kagura?  She is strong.”

“You jest, mother,”  he scoffed.  “Kagura is nothing but a bully, threatening only those weaker than herself.  Kagome-chan, however, is anything but weak – as she's proved to Kagura repeatedly,”  he said, a satisfied expression in his eyes as he thought back over some of Kagome's run-ins with little Kagura.

Satori stared at her son, completely nonplussed.  She couldn't believe that her own son had been infected by his father's penchant for humans.  After all, the most powerful male youkai in existence had tossed her aside for a mere human female.  And now, her son would turn his back on his heritage for one, too?

Smoothing a dainty clawed hand over her skirt as she stared at her son, her perfectly coiffed hair began to look a little frazzled as her other hand tugged at a strand in confusion and upset.

At this rate, she'd end up with ulcers... normally a thing only weak humans suffered from, of course.  But this situation had her nerves completely overwrought.

“I cannot countenance this, my son,”  she finally said sternly, hoping to intimidate him into cooperating.  “You are the heir to the West.  You must have a strong youkai female at your side, not some silly human girl.”

Flicking a silver lock over his shoulder, little Sesshoumaru met his mother's stern glare with a bored one of his own as he looked pointedly at his little watch.  “Father has already approved, mother, and since it is father who is Western Lord, and not you, it is only his decision that counts.  Take heed to my words - this Sesshoumaru will not tolerate your interference in his courtship.”  

With that, the pup turned and let himself out of the room he'd met with his mother in, and went searching – he'd left his Kagome-chan with his father while visiting with his mother, and it was high time he got back to his chosen female.

Stunned as her son simply walked out of the room not even intimidated one little bit by her words, Satori stared at the door he'd walked through for several long seconds... and then she was on her feet and stalking – elegantly, of course – through it, determined to chase her chibi down and reprimand him, make him see sense.

She stormed out the patio doors to find her former husband, her son, and a little human girl talking animatedly, and without even looking at the other two, pinned her irate gaze on her son.

“Sesshoumaru,”  she snapped, glaring at him as she reached out to grab his arm,  “I will not have it!  You wi-”

She was stopped in mid-rant by a tiny tornado as little Kagome threw herself in front of little Sesshoumaru, her hands flung out in front of her as a bright pink light zapped Satori backwards away from him.

“Don't you touch my Sesshoumaru!”  the chibi dark-haired little girl hollered, glaring fiercely at her.  “You leave him alone, you big bully!”

Touga stared at his ex-wife, on her bottom on the ground, looking like she'd been hit by lightening with her hair all frazzled and her expensive suit smoking, and burst out laughing almost hysterically.  Moving towards Kagome, he gently patted the little girl on her arm to calm her, and managed to get out,  “That's his m-mother, Kagome-chan,”  around huge guffaws of laughter.

The little girl suddenly looked horrified, but Sesshoumaru did not.  He simply looked smug as he addressed his mother.

“I told you she was not weak.  You should have listened.”

With that, to the astounded female's everlasting ire, the heir to the west took the little girl's hand and led her back inside the house, soothing her upset and happily letting her know just how proud of her he was, leaving her, his own mother, on the ground in front of her ex-husband, who was still laughing his head off at her.

Well... she certainly is as strong as he said, she thought dubiously, her skin itching quite nicely from the shock of the little girl's powers.  

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten out of bed this morning.

She stood up finally after several long seconds spent contemplating the astounding events of the last hour, and ignoring her humiliation with a sort of grand indifference, she patted her clothing and hair back into place as much as possible.  

“I think a strategic withdrawal at this point would be best.  After all, there are many years ahead for me to sink this so-called courtship,”  she said loftily as she retreated out the door.  “I have plenty of time.”

Touga just laughed some more.

I am never, ever, going to forget this day!  he chortled.  Kagome-chan, you are my absolute most favorite person on earth!

Sesshoumaru would have agreed quite heartily with his father's sentiment – she was his most favorite person on earth, too – though that had nothing to do with what she'd done to his mother.

Although that was quite funny...

~oOo~

A/N:  Yes, I am still alive, but have been dealing with RL issues.  Still am, for that matter – this was just something that came to me as a sort of stress relief.

Hope you all enjoy it!

Amber



Converting /tmp/phpWtihIr to /dev/stdout