InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The 5th Son ❯ The magical sandwich? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chpt 4

A/N- Heya, sorry about taking so long to update. What makes matters worse is that Right now I'm writing this chapter, but I've been grounded from the internet for two weeks from today, so ya, my parents have caused a two week delay also. Anywho I saw that I'm on the "Favorite Authors" list of 14 people O.O, wow…. That was unexpected >.> , so I decided to make my best effort to have this chapter be longer than all the other ones I've posted so far ^_^. Oh ya &, Inuyasha wont actually be playing much of a role in this fic until about chapter 5 or 6 (this is chpt 4) It's fun to keep ya'll in suspense ^0^. So um, yes, On with the fic!

Disclaimer: no… sadly… I do not own Inuyasha & co. *cries*

~*~

Chprt4:The magical Sandwich?

As she entered the room Kagome was seated at the far end of the table, Sesshomaru at her right, and an empty seat to her left. "Well then" Inutaisho cut into Kagome's observations "Now that everyone is here we may begin our meal!".

It was aw inspiring … Kagome has heard that the wealthy always got the best kinds of food to eat, but this was amazing!

Before Kagome there was a table full of every delicious delicacy you could imagine! Stuffed fowl, honey baked ham, fried rice, warm bread, lush red apples, the best prepared and probably the most expensive sushi Kagome had ever seen, and so much more it was hard to describe!

Kagome looked up and suddenly noticed something.

No, maybe it's just me, but… one, two, three, four… hhmm perhaps I counted wrong. One, two, three, four. No, I'm quite sure, there are only four sons here! Odd how this "Inuyasha" guy never seems to be around, I suppose that's why there is an empty seat next to me.

Inutaisho noticed that Kagome was not eating, but rather, she was staring at the empty seat next to her. Mio also noticed this and turned to Kagome "Oh Kagome, that'd be where Inuyasha generally sits, but pay no mind to his absence dear, he tends not to be around during the new moon, no worries" Mio finished smiling warmly. Kagome nodded

And began to eat.

"So" started Keita "Kagome, tell us about yourself". Kagome froze and slowly looked up a bit nervous "well, um… I'm from the village of Shinata and I lived with me fath-" .

"no, no, no" Keita cut her off "We already know about that stuff, when I say tell us about yourself I mean like, your favorite color, place, things to do. You know, that kind of stuff". "Oh" sighed Kagome blushing from embarrassment "Well, my favorite color would be Red, and um, well I like gardens a lot, uh… I enjoy reading, and most recently I've been trying out archery" Kagome replied awkwardly.

"OH!" gasped Mio clapping her hands together, "I used to practice archery myself, a very challenging skill it is! I wonder if my old bow and arrows are lying around this place somewhere. If you'd like Kagome, I can arrange for a bow and some arrows, and a few targets to be set up for you in the gardens tomorrow; would you like that?" . Kagome's mood suddenly became much brighter, maybe this situation wouldn't be so bad after all!

"I'd greatly appreciate that Lady Mio, that is, if it isn't too much trouble…" Kagome replied trying her best not to giggle. "Ok, then tomorrow morning everything will be set up for you in the garden" exclaimed Mio enthusiastically. "Well then, that was a delicious dinner, suppose we all should be turning in now" said Inutaisho wiping his hands on a cloth and standing to leave "Saori, I don't believe miss Kagome has really had a chance to get to know her way around here yet, so would you please show her to her room?" . "Yes sir" Saori replied leading Kagome to the hall.

Soon Kagome was back in her rooms practically dying with anticipation. "Well you seem rather thrilled" Saori said as she watched Kagome practically flutter around her room". "Uh, ya.. ehehe, It's just that I really enjoy archery and, well Lady Mio is having targets and everything set up for me. I mean sure, I practiced archery before, but it was nothing special, just pointed sticks, and bails of hay, not arrows and actual targets!" gasped Kagome excitedly. "Ok, I suppose I'll be letting you get your rest then, good bight Kagome" Saori smiled as she left closing the large doors behind her.

Kagome was busy being hung up on all this when suddenly her stomach began to rumble. "eh… I'm such a baka, in all of that excitement I didn't even touch my food!" Moaned Kagome. "Now what am I going to do!" she said as she slapped her fore head.

"Wait a second… I think that I could probably find my way to the dining hall now, and where there is a dining hall a kitchen is bound to be close by right!" Kagome smiled knowingly. "So it's simple, be really quite, sneak down the hall, be really quite, make it to the dining area, be REALLY quite, get in the kitchen and grab a few munchies, be REALLY REALLY quite, and sneak back here unnoticed, it's a full proof plan!" Kagome whispered triumphantly as she was already half way down the dining hall, making her way towards where she hoped was the kitchen.

"Ok then… there are five doors, and only one of them has to lead to the kitchen, I think. But which one….? Hhmmm, oh I know! Eeeny, Meeny, Miiny, Moe, catch a Baka by their toe, if they hollar hit them over the head with a your bow, Eeeny, Meeny, Miiny, Moe!"

"That one!" Kagome exclaimed pointing to the door farthest to the left. Quitely Kagome turned the door handle hoping for the best, and dreading the worst. As the door cracked open Kagome took a peak inside, and sure enough it was the kitchen! "Yes!" yelled Kagome triumphantly, and then she slapped her hands against her mouth at realization at the fact that she'd almost ruined it all with the yell.

Precariously kagome stepped fully into the Kitchen and when she looked along one of the walls she saw. "No… urg I'm such a baka!" turned out… that all five doors led to the kitchen. Kagome just shrugged it off as she began her exploration of this Gigantic kitchen! "Ok then, no worries, just a really big kitchen full of food and really sharp cooking utensils, so long as I'm careful and I don't walk into any knives or what not I should be fin- OW!" yelped Kagome as she walked into a cupboard . "Well so much for being careful -_- " . Soon Kagome came to a stop in front of a large pantry "ah, finally I've found some rood!" she exclaimed pulling some items off the shelves. Kagome was bust making herself a sandwich when suddenly she heard a loud "Kuso!" coming from around the area where she'd run into the cupboards. "Damn cupboards!" Miroku muttered rubbing his head. "oh god!" Kagome panicked trying to figure out what to do.

Acting quickly Kagome dropped and hid under the counter. Soon Kagome saw two feet walking towards the pantry. Sucking in some air Kagome held her breath hoping she wouldn't be found, but of coarse she didn't last long and ended up letting it out in a loud gasp. The footsteps stopped momentarily, and turned toward where Kagome was hiding. Kagome was about to die in fear that she'd be caught, but instead of the person bedding down and letting her know she'd been caught, they'd apparently shrugged her gasp off for a mouse scurrying around or something. Instead the feet stood right before her and soon the person spoke.

"Hey look! A sandwich! All by it's lonesome with no body around…" Miroku stopped and looked around "well, it doesn't seem to belong to anybody, hello mister sandwich, would you mind if I ate you?" , "Ok I'll take your silence as a yes" and soon Miroku had the sandwich in a death grip (muahahahaha-ha-ha?). "Hey!" Kagome suddenly burst out loud "That's my sandwich, I'm the one who made it, so it's mine!" . Miroku blinked "Nuh-uh, I don't think so, according to what this sandwich tells me, I'm supposed to eat it!" he says smugly. "Wh-what!? Sandwiches don't talk!" Kagome spluttered angrily, her hunger really starting to get the best of her temper. "Ah but that is where you are wrong! You see, this is a *magical* Sandwich that can only be heard by us with the gift of *Sandwich hearing*" Miroku replied bringing the sandwich towards his mouth. Kagome was so hungry by now she forgot about thinking, and the next second her and Mioku were playing tug a war with the sandwich. With Kagome pulling one way, and Miroku pulling the other, the sandwich tore apart. "l-l-l-l-l-l-look what you did to my sandwich! You're a sandwich murderer!" Miroku pointedly accused. "what!? *your* sandwich, no no no I don't think so, that was *my* sandwich!" .

Miroku folded his arms and stole a glance at the pantry door. Kagome glanced too. Now the two of them were both steeling glances at the door when suddenly both shot strait for it in hopes of finding a midnight snack. (Sound effects: boom, crash, arhg, ack, bang, tumble, spill, mess) Kagome frowned, "Here I am, a girl with no family, living in a house full of demons, seeking a small snack, and ending up covered in flour and in the lap of some sandwich thieving guy". "Wait.. what's" " thAAAATT!!!!!!!!!!" Kagome yelped leaping out of the young man's lap, He'd been groping her! "H-Hentai!!" Kagome practically screeched in an enraged tone. Miroku rubbed the back of his head smiling guiltily "ehehe, it was an accident, I swear on the magic sandwich's grave!" . "M-magic sandwich! Drop that already ok? Besides what are you doing down here at this hour anyways?" Kagome asked as she inhaled deeply in an attempt to calm down.

Miroku scratched his head "well, you see, I… um.. well.. hey hold it a second, what are YOU doing down here at this time of night!?". Kagome froze "well you see I, it's just that, erm… Hey I asked first!" . Miroku thought for a second "Ok I have a plan, how about we both respond at the same time?". Kagome considered it "well.. I suppose so". "Ok then replied Miroku, on the count of four, ONE, TWO, THREE, FOUR!" . MIDNIGHT SNACK! They both replied in unison. "hehe well I guess we're both at fault then huh?" Kagome said sheepishly. "Hey, no harm no foul right, by the way, my name's Miroku, I'm the Gardener/Inu's best friend" said miroku smiling. "who in the heck is *Inu*?" Kagome thought bewildered. "I'm Kagome, thee uh… new permanent guest person…?" Kagome responded unknowingly. "Nice to meet you kagome!" miroku said shaking her hand, "I suppose we had better go before we get caught, nice meeting you though!" Said miroku, and with that he was off!

It didn't take long for Kagome to make it back to her room, and as soon as she got there she curled up in her bed and was ready to let sleep take her when… her stomach rumbled. "Arg! All of that and I STILL haven't had anything to eat! *sigh*, guess I'll have to wait it out until breakfast" Kagome thought right before she let sleep claim her.

The next morning Kagome woke to the bright sun shining in, a light breeze blowing through the soft purple curtains. She sat up in bed and stretched her arms out while yawning. Kagome stepped out of bed & walked to the wall of kimonos. "Hmmm… ah! This one is pretty!" Kagome chirped delightedly as she changed into a sky blue kimono with soft cloud designs covering it. Kagome poked her head outside her door and looked around. "Why is it that I can't ever seem to find anybody around when I need them?" Kagome sighed warily as she began to walk down the hall. "Oh, Kagome!" Saori called as she made her way over to Kagome. "Breakfast is already over, but if you'd like you may go to the kitchen an ask our cook Sango to fix you up something quick" Saori smiled. Kagome practically hugged Saori in joy "um, er, yes thank you, I'm starving!". Saori laughed, "Ok then, do you need to be shown to the kitchen?". Kagome swetdropped "ehehehe, um.. well I think I should be able to find it on my own. *especially since I attempted to raid it last night*" Kagome smiled impishly as she headed towards the kitchen. Kagome stepped into the kitchen to see a Girl a little older than herself cleaning up some dishes. "uumm… excuse me…?" Kagome questioned quietly. Sango Stopped and turned around a soapy plate still in her hand "oh hello, is there something you need" Sango asked brightly. "well, I was kinda wondering… if there was anything I could possibly snag to eat?" Kagome said timidly. "Lets see, well all that's really left is a bit of sweetened rice, if that'd be ok" Sango said thoughtfully. "Oh yes! That would be just fine" Kagome chirped happily.

Soon Kagome had finished her rice and was now wondering what she would do. "Wait, there's a garden some where around here!". Kagome made her way through the manor hoping to find the exit to the gardens. "Ah, Kagome!" Mio waved as she caught sight of the girl. "The targets are set up for you to practice your archery in the gardens" Mio continued as she pulled Kagome towards an exit.

~*~

A/N- Ok peoples, *Sigh* I was going to write more than that in this chapter, but you see, I wrote the first half of this chapter yesterday, and the second half today, and well, Seems like I didn't have to wait my 2 weeks grounding from the internet to update after all, why, well because I got to go on just tonight to finish a research report for school, and I sorta snuck this into my research hehehe. So ya, after I update this I still wont have internet access again until the 20th, but hey who know, maybe by then I'll have another chapter done! I hope you guys liked this chapter! Ja Ne!

~AngelWingsbaka~

PPsssstttt… ya, you over there, the one with the mouse. See that "go" button, well, you know what, you guys are my muse(s), now what kind of muse would ya be if you didn't review >.> . I need your CCC (comments, compliments, and criticizm) Review,, pweeaaseeee *puppy dog eyes*