InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Answers To Love ❯ When It All Came Down To This ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/n:YAY!I finally took the time to beta read this prologue.And mm.org is n't messing up so badly anymore now that I'm on a different pename!So I'll keep on going over these chappies while you wait!

Disclaimer:Ugh.I dont do these very often,do I?Oh well I do *~not~* own 'the very cute,very funny,and very sweet silver-haired hanyou'A.k.a InuYasha.I wish I did....*drools*

Prologue,When It all Came Down To This...

By.*~Shikon Rose~*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Inuyasha,Sango,and Miroku watched in amazement as Kagome purified Naraku and a pink light engulfed them all.A moment later a mere fragment of a bamboon pelt drifted lazily down.Inuyasha picked it up and sniffed it.Naraku's scent.He raised his head and scanned the surrounding area.About a 3-mile radius.Nothing.Not a hint of the bastard that threatened to ruin their lives.He had never been so utterly happy!Then a shadow slowly inched out from the darkness.Kikyou...

"Inuyasha."Kikyou said lifelessly"I see you,the exterminator,and the monk have defeated Naraku."

Inuyasha glared at her."You know very well who defeated that bastard!Dont lie to me and say you cant sense the miko magic in the air.You know better.Kagome defeated Naraku."

Kikyou burst out laughing,an empty,hollow laugh."Ha!What a joke!That untrained amateur miko?Suceed me?I've been training since I was a small girl!There is no way a twit like her could have suceeded in something I have....unsucessfully completed."Her face turned sour.

Kagome decided to butt in(Yeah!Kick her crabby,clay butt to uranus!)"Well,EXCUSE ME,miss high and mighty.But I do believe I am your superior now!"

Kikyou glared at the raven-haired girl."I do not believe so.Now come Inuyasha my love.Let us go to hell together and live there in our world for all eternity."Inuyasha looked stunned.

"Kikyou,you who tried to murder Kagome,you who didnt trust me enough to give me a second chance,you who gave well over a third of the sacred jewel tyo Naraku,and you who TRIED TO MURDER ME MULTIPLE TIMES,AND NOW ACCUSE KAGOME OF BEING A TWIT?!"He was growing angrier with each rant spoken,but then grew quiet."Do you think I have forgiven you for what you've done?Well I'm sorry Kikyou.I do not think I love you very much.All this time I believed you were my soulmate.The only one who understood me.I was wrong.So wrong!Go fuck the devil in hell,Kikyou!"With that he slashed her vertically with his razor-sharp claws.

Kikyou's world shattered.No!How did Inuyasha look through her untaintedly perfect mask?Perhapes it was due to his very own mask he has worn since young?She hadn't expected the cut to hurt.She was,after all,made of clay and dirt.But no.It hurt like the very hell she had planned to banish Inuyasha into for all the hurt he had caused her.She didn't have another moment to think.For she then exploded into a burst of black smoke.All the evilness and revenge,the pain and trickery,all those decietful bribes.All gone.Her world exploded into nothingness as she lay on the lush grass.Dead.Her very soul went back into Kagome.

Inuyasha sighed.The weight of guilt he has been pulling for half his life vanished.He felt brand new.Like dew on a petal,he reached over to Kagome and hugged her fiercefully

"Kagome,you did it!You defeated Naraku!Ooh I love you,I love you I-"He was cut off at the realization of what he had just said.He noticed Sango and Miroku's smug faces and Kagome's slight blush.But strangely he felt no embarassment.He hugged Kagome tighter and whispered into her hair"I,meant every word of that,you know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kagome smiled as Inuyasha nuzzled her cheek.Inuyasha loved her.She knew it was sincere.She didn't know how she knew.She just...knew.Suddenly her eyes wnet wide as she peeked over Inuyasha's shoulder Into the woods they were beside."Sesshoumaru..."Her voice trembled with fear.

"Hello,little brother.Please do not let me stop you from showing your mate affection."Sesshoumaru said as he walked into the clearing.The corner of his lips tugging,threatening to break into a smile.

"Grr.What the hell do you want,Sesshoumaru?"Inuyasha asked,obviously irratated."Your face really messes up the whole scene.

"I do not want much,little brother.But I must say that I have found new respect for you and your charming mate."Sesshoumaru said with a hint of pride in his tone,which surprised both Inuyasha and Kagome."I have just come to tell you that you may leave for the future if you wish to do so.I have spoken with my rencarnation.You see he owns a sucessful company and will offer you a 'job' if you wish so."

Inuyasha was surprised.His bother offering him help?The very person whose only goal in life was to see to his death?He didnt smell any danger around him at all,which surprised him.Silently Sesshoumaru sensed this and swiftly walked away.

Inuyasha was confused.He was planning to go to the future with Kagome,Miroku and Sango.This was just an obvious improvement.Well he would be more than happy to tell her of this new development.He raced off with Kagome in his arms to tell them the good news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/n:Ookay all this drama is getting me all angsty.Oh well.Nice lil prologue if I do say so myself.But enough of mty pointless rambling.I've worked out the whole story and now I am sure I wont have any writer's block.Lucky you 'cuz I wont be like those other authors with it and update like once in three months.Oh well I am sorry to annonce that there will be a lot of difficulty in this fic.Hey,it's the usual storyline,right?Okay now bye.I'm sure you're tired of my voice.(what voice?holy Im going nuts!)