InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 3
 
 
Kagome sat down in her assigned seat with a plop. She turned her head and took in her surroundings. Once again she was assigned to sit next to the windows, which Kagome loved but it also kept her distracted. “Hey, you guys. What are you doing after school?” Kagome asked.
 
Sango and Miroku exchanged glances. “Well…” Sango started to say something but seemed hesitant.
 
“We sort of had plans.” Miroku finished.
 
Kagome's brows fused together. `Should I feel put out by this?' “You both have plans… like… together?” Kagome made a silly gesture with her fingers that didn't go unnoticed by her friends. Silly mannerisms like that one was so Kagome.
 
“You can come if you want too. But we didn't figure that you would.” Sango started to explain. “It's just some party by the pier. It's at Kaede's since she just moved out of her parent's house and she only lives two houses from the cliff and all, so we'll probably be partying down there too.” Sango laughed as she thought of her friend's antics. “She even got the neighbors into it.”
 
“Oh,” Kagome smiled. She didn't much care for parties, they were fun until everyone started getting drunk, and then it just got boring hanging around a bunch of impaired idiots. Besides something was bound to happen, out by the pier was no place to be caught after dark. `But…' “I think I'll go.” Kagome amended.
 
Sango gaped. “What…”
 
Miroku recovered faster. “Really…”
 
“Yeah… I mean it's not like I have anything to study for. I mean, its Saturday what's the harm in having a little fun. ” Kagome cocked her head and studied her friends. The looks on their faces weren't all that encouraging, she was about to change her mind when Sango finally said.
 
“Great… we'll pick you up at 7. Be ready.” Sango advised firmly. “Also it's kind of a formal party so dress nice, everybody will be there.”
 
Miroku smiled. But he was beginning to wish that for once it would be just him and Sango. Kagome was great and all but Sango was… he looked at her chatting animatedly with Kagome over whatever it was girls talked about and started to realize something. He was falling for her. She might have been the girl next door for the past 10 years but she was quickly becoming to mean more to him than that.
 
Strange though, Miroku pondered, he'd always thought supermodel Gisele was more his type. Shrugging out of his thoughts he turned around in his seat and got on with his schoolwork.
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Inuyasha threw all the old dated and useless folders, data, and documents out the window in the back of the limousine. He'd been told once that if someone found those papers he'd be in trouble for littering, but what did he care, he could pay for any pathetic fines.
 
Inuyasha got bored throwing the papers out of the window and decided he'd ruin someone else's day. Pushing one of the buttons overhead he watched as the tinted soundproof window rolled down and got a view of the back of the drivers head.
 
The cute drivers head, the one he'd made sure his personal assistant would hire. She wasn't a bad driver but she wasn't a good one either, what with all the speeding and parking tickets she'd acquired over the years. But man did she have a nice-
 
“Yes, Mr. Takahashi is there anything I can do for you.” Her young perky face and clear eyes stared back at him from the rearview mirror.
 
“Uh…” `I wonder if it's too soon to put on the charm, she won't know I only need a good lay.' Inuyasha smirked and drawled, “Yeah, as a matter of fact there is something you can do for me.” Tipping his glass up, he sipped then watched and played with the stem of it until he got the girls' full attention.
 
She must have caught what he was implying in his tone, because he could clearly see her facial expression turn in an instant from sweet innocent to sensual and anxious. She even bit her lip.
 
“And what might that be… Mr. Takahashi?” She took her hand and flipped her hair back.
 
“Oh… just some dinner for two tonight,” Clearing his mind of her pretty face Inuyasha could have kicked himself.
 
`Crap, I remember now, tonight's the night I have to take care of that problem with Sesshomaru! ' “I mean Tomorrow, yeah tomorrow night.” Inuyasha finished stupidly.
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Later that night Kagome got ready for the party.
 
`A party out by the pier' Kagome could almost hear her mothers scolding voice. For all the hype it would cause she could hear her little brother scolding her also. She grabbed the strapless red dress…
 
…then put it back. `May-be not that one, if my mom caught me coming home in that my solitary confinement would be twice as long.'
 
Instead she settled on something that wouldn't cause her to be the center of attention, should they all get surrounded and ambushed by the police. Kagome cringed at the thought.
 
It wasn't a dress but a simple pink long sleeved shirt and black capri's. The shirt had a little twisty thing that tied on the side of her waste right above the hip that made her figure all that much more slimming. Kagome started digging in her closet and almost squealed when she found the pink shoes to match buried in the bottom.
 
Slipping into the bathroom she started running the hot water and stripped out of her school uniform. The steam from the tub was rising up and licking her feet like fire. Finally after taking a deep breath and getting the courage she slowly lowered herself in. Nothing made Kagome's day like a hot bath.
 
`Hmm… maybe I'll even meet a cute guy to keep me company.' Kagome thought dizzily letting the hot water envelope her.
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
“Come on Kagome!” Sango yelled up the steps leading to the shrine.
 
Kagome sighed, they were already a half hour late and Sango obviously didn't believe in patience.
 
Sango and Miroku both looked really nice all done up Kagome thought as she juggled her way down the steps to her best ability. They also looked like they'd intended to match. Sango wore what Kagome didn't have the guts too. A skimpy spaghetti strapped red dress with a giant red rose pinned up in her hair and a black choker which Kagome thought looked a little too gutsy for her own good.
 
Miroku looked- Kagome thought, casual yet sophisticated; black shirt, black pants, black shoes and a red tie. No overcoat, she noted with satisfaction. That would have been overkill.
 
“Ugh, do you have any idea what I had to do to get out of the house?” Sango complained as she stepped into the car behind Kagome, she always stole the front seat. “My mom took one look at my dress and made me listen to her lecture for an hour.”
 
In the front Miroku could be seen mocking Sango's outraged faces while using his hand like a duck to mock her motor skills. Kagome giggled and Miroku got socked in the arm.
 
Miroku hollered, “You broke my arm Sango, now how will I drive!” Miroku joked grabbing his arm in agony.
 
“God, Miroku, you're such a drama queen,” Sango mumbled, rolling her eyes.
 
Kagome piped up from the backseat, raising her hand like an eager student. “I'll drive!” She declared.
 
Sango and Miroku both snapped around and gave her identically sharp looks and shouted.
 
“No!”