InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 4
 
 
Kagome knew they were getting close to the party because she could hear the music blaring. Miroku turned the corner and had to come to a complete stop. The whole block had joined in, all the familiar faces hanging out in the streets Kagome recognized from school.
 
“Good thing we're on the outskirts of the city, or they'd probably have the police called for disturbing the peace.”
 
Miroku and Kagome just nodded their heads in agreement. This party was packed!
 
Kagome glanced over and eyed the stumbling girl wearily as she approached the convertible.
 
“Atsushi, you're looking luscious tonight baby!” A drunken girl screeched then tipped her upper body over the driver's seat door and landed a fat sloppy kiss on Miroku's startled face, missing his mouth by a good inch.
 
`Ewe…' Kagome moved over to the other seat before the intoxicated girl got any other funny ideas.
 
Sango simply fumed, tensing up, shoulders rising, lips thinned out, and nostrils flared. Miroku had to push the girl out of the car; wincing only a little when she couldn't catch her balance and fell onto the pavement. He decided it was best to simply turn the car around. There was no way they were getting down that road.
 
Kagome looked around whilst hugging herself. “Where are we going to park?” Kagome piped. She didn't like the fact that the further they drove down this road the darker and eerier it got.
 
They turned down another road Miroku was sure it would lead them back where they needed to be. Kagome started to rub her arms as she caught a chill. The closer they got to the pier the more the wind picked up.
 
“Ah-ha, here we are. I can hear the music already.” Miroku said triumphantly as the car bounced along the pitch black road.
 
“Well than you couldn't possibly be human, because I don't hear a damn thing.” Sango snapped, Miroku tried his best not to grin… it was obvious she was still mad about the kiss.
 
The trees parted and they could clearly see the beach with a few abandoned buildings and a little past that where everything was all lit up.
 
“Ta-da,” Miroku sang putting the car into park and snapping off his seatbelt. “We should be fine parking right here. It's only a 5 minute walk down the beach.” One look at the girls though and he knew they weren't going to share his enthusiasm.
 
Miroku looked over at Sango scowling and got a positively brilliant idea. He knew how to take a girls mind off of whatever was bothering her, unless it was he himself that was the problem.
 
Miroku reached over faster than Sango could and snapped off her seatbelt. For an insane second Sango thought she was going to blush. That something so simple and insignificant like that could make her breath hitch; it also could have had something to do with that smoldering look Miroku sent her when he did it.
 
“Sango…”
 
“Sango, are you going to sit in there all night?” Kagome griped opening Sango's door for her since she'd already hopped out of the side. Sango started and looked up at Miroku to see him grinning at her like an idiot.
 
Sango was embarrassed to even think that Miroku knew what was going through her head.
 
The three started their trek through the dirt and sand. The trees on one side and a good long stretch of water on the other. The only thing to light their path was the bright full moon. The way Sango was looking in the moonlight really made Miroku regret Kagome being there. This could have been a perfect chance for all the scandalous thoughts floating in his mind. He just wished he had something to think about besides how hot Sango looked in that dress.
 
“Um…” `Now how do I go about this…?' Miroku scratched his head as the girls turned and looked at him expectantly. “Kagome, why don't you just go on ahead… I… uh… we… there's something I need to tell Sango…”
 
“You do?”
 
“Yeah… you do?” Sango asked a little more skeptical than Kagome.
 
In all fairness Miroku wasn't really lying to either of them, there was something he needed to tell Sango, but he wasn't sure if tonight was the right night for all that.
 
“Yeah, we'll meet up with you in a bit. K.” Miroku gave her a thumbs up and grabbed Sango's arm leading her in the opposite direction before either one of them could say another thing.
 
Kagome became alarmed as the two hurried off, `they're going to make me walk all way over there by myself.' She silently fumed.
 
Kagome slowly surveyed her surroundings… quiet, too quiet. Now she was completely abandoned, with nobody in sight and no one to hear her scream all the way down the beach.
 
She was sensible; it's not likely that anything was going to happen anyways, she lectured herself. She began walking down the beach only looking out at the water for fear she might see something or someone lurking in the woods. An owl hooted and Kagome jumped a mile grabbing her chest like her heart was going to fly away.
 
Kagome scowled at the trees. `Stupid birds,'
 
Kagome swore speeding up a little faster, then slowing down again as she came to the first abandoned building.
 
Kagome stopped to examine it. It was an old rusted 4 story building that looked about as haunted as a place could get, `probably an old factory or something. I bet it is haunted though,' Kagome thought anxiously; she was strangely fascinated as she inched closer to its foundation.
 
It sat back further than the beach and trees which only added to its spooky appeal. The place had clearly been broken into if all the broken and cracked windows were anything to go by. They lined the entire first floor giving you a peak into its black and deserted interior. The place practically screamed of terrifying things, like monsters and murder.
 
Kagome's interest faded when she realized she'd never have the courage to actually take a tour through it herself. She was about to start walking along the beach again when she heard a faint voice.
 
She froze.
 
Standing still she waited with baited breath, and then relaxed when she realized it was probably just some drunk that wandered way too far from the party. She stopped all movement and listened intently before hearing it again, it almost sounded like two people, and they must be in a fight or something, they were speaking really fast.
 
Oh, now it all made sense. Miroku and Sango couldn't be far behind; it had to be those two.
 
Kagome snorted as she pictured the whole scene in her head. Miroku would grab Sango inappropriately, Sango would get mad and punch him then Miroku would profess his overly dramatic, sometimes pathetic, undying love for her, etc.
 
Kagome listened to the voices for a second longer; she was going to show them for making her walk to the party alone.
 
Kagome didn't care for pranks but this opportunity was too good to pass up. She turned around to scan the clearing and tried to think of the best way to go about the prank. Gees, where was all the blood and the fake mask when you needed it.
 
Kagome giggled to herself as she pictured it, planned all out, and would be proud if it worked. She just knew the looks on their faces were going to be worth going into this abandoned warehouse.