InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 5
 
 
Kagome jotted looks back and forth from her spot behind a tree. The coast was clear, now all she needed was a little courage.
 
Taking a deep breath she took a couple steps closer to the entrance, where one of the big metal doors was missing and another lay crooked on its last hinge. `Maybe if I stopped thinking of it as haunted it won't be so hard to go into, courage Kagome… courage.'
 
Kagome didn't know why she was tiptoeing; it really didn't make any sense when she was walking on dirt.
 
Letting out a breath she took her first shaky step, great now only 3 more to go. She stopped just then and stared at the darkened space beyond the doors, where it wasn't even lit by the moon. Her breathing became labored and she was forced to listen for something, anything that might be out of place.
 
Kagome laughed out loud.
 
“I am so pitiful.” She said ironically, “Stop this now, you're just being paranoid,” and as if hearing her own voice gave her strength she quickly bounded up the 3 steps and walked right through the doors.
 
She was never more terrified. She wasn't going to talk to herself anymore; that would only make her lose her mind and send her running out of there screaming at the top of her lungs.
 
Cause she knew once she started screaming she wasn't going to stop until she was safe, and `safe' was about another 5 minutes down the beach at the party.
 
`Oh, why couldn't Miroku have parked closer?' Kagome wined hopping back and forth from one foot to another uncertainly, seeing as how she couldn't walk forward.
 
`Right Sango and Miroku,' in her fearful state Kagome almost forgot about the little prank she was going to pull on them. Stealing herself for the worse she straightened her shoulders, and dragged out her cell phone prepared to make the call that would initiate the prank.
 
The light from her cell phone gave off more light than the moon in the dark doorway, illuminating everything within 10 feet. That gave Kagome pause and the little bit of relief she felt she needed while standing there.
 
Lets see, '017-`
 
-Snap-
 
Kagome stopped breathing (again) and her back went ramrod straight in less than a split second as she went on full alarm. Her eyes went wide; she looked furiously in every direction turning around at least 3 times, searching the dark all the while her heart was in her throat. The light from the cell phone would have been great but it only made the rest of the darkened room seem even more frightening. The place was built like a basement Kagome noticed, concrete flooring with pillars every 20 feet or so. It was long but not so much as wide.
 
She took her cell phone and reopened so the light would pop back on and extended her arm out full length to get a better look when she saw light being reflected back at her from deep in the building. Two little beady eyes stared back at her just as alarmed.
 
Kagome awed and reopened her phone again following the little lights to the wall. Still standing, she shined the light on the fluffy little thing and it meowed back up at her.
 
“Awe, you are sooo cute!” Kagome squealed immediately forgetting all fears while she scooped up the little bundle of joy and held it to her breast. She cooed and stroked the playful kitten as it attached itself to her hair clawing and once or twice dug its nails into her shoulder by accident.
 
“Ouch.” Kagome set the kitten down and pulled her collar over to investigate the scratches and bites.
 
She looked down to see nothing but wood chips, concrete and dried leaves. “Oh no, where did it go,” Kagome wondered out loud
 
“I think it went that way.”
 
Kagome screamed out; her phone was flung out of her hand and hit the concrete. She whipped around and came face to chest with a white and red shirt.
 
Kagome gulped despite her dry throat.
 
She inched her face up slowly, taking in the waist long white hair and-
 
`-OH MY GOD IS THAT BLOOD?' She almost revolted at the thought. Too afraid too even move, a million questions ran wild in her head- `Is this it for me? Will I ever see my family again? Where are Sango and Miroku? Where is my cell phone? Will somebody come for me if I scream?'
 
Finally she looked up at his face, and despite the beauty of it; she did not like what she seen.
 
He didn't look mad, but menacing, evil; like something had gone horribly wrong. There was no recognition in his eyes; no- ah-ha I caught you- grin, there was simply nothing, and for some reason that scared her all the more.
 
: gulp:
 
“Well…” He spoke and Kagome felt it in her very core, she shivered. “Aren't you even going to try to run?”
 
Kagome could feel the back of her eyes starting to burn. The sheer horror of being made so helpless, she cursed the day she was born a female right then and would give anything to turn around and start over.
 
Why had she been so stupid, why had she come in here, what could her chances possibly be of escaping from this demon …or whatever he was? Kagome knew she was shaking slightly but she couldn't stop. She couldn't stop this feeling of dread no matter how much her pride wanted to shine through.
 
Sesshomaru regarded the girl with patience. The girl was smart; he'd give her that much. Instead of choosing to run away like most, it was obvious she could tell he was a demon and that it would be pointless and probably only lead to a quicker death. On the outside she almost appeared calm except for the slight shaking and teary eyes, but Sesshomaru wasn't convinced for a second; he could smell the fear coming off of her in waves.
 
But it was almost as if she was waiting for somebody or something… well he couldn't take the chance of that happening. He'd already heard more than one voice on the beach that night and with the crackpot party going on so close he wasn't taking any chances.
 
Stupid teenage girls; will they never learn?
 
Kagome let out another piercing scream; this one intentional as in one swoop Sesshomaru easily had her locked firmly on his shoulder and was carrying a kicking, punching, and screaming girl away to the stairs in the back.
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Miroku grabbed Sango's hand as they walked down the beach. He enjoyed making-out for 20 minutes with her. Now that they were done making-out they walked in silence, not the peaceful kind of silence, but the awkward, kill me- kind. He idly wondered what Kagome was doing at the party and if she'd already started drinking. If she even liked drinking… Miroku didn't know.
 
“I wonder what Kagome's doing at the party?” Sango spoke up in a rush.
 
“You know I was just thinking the same thing.” Miroku drawled and kissed the back of Sango's hand, mostly to get a reaction out of her. He was only mildly disappointed when he couldn't see if she was blushing or not.
 
Sango stopped in a complete halt and whipped around to face Miroku with a petrified expression.
 
Miroku instantly became worried and gabbed Sango's shoulders to steady her. “Sango what is it?”
 
“Did you just hear that?” Sango rushed, “It sounded like Kagome!” Sango took off at a run for the abandoned buildings leaving Miroku no choice but to follow her.
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Inuyasha smelled a human… a stupid human. Who would be dumb enough to come bounding through those doors, all alone he might add. She must not have a brain because using it would've caused her to turn around and keep walking.
 
How many people were they going to have to kill tonight? Inuyasha looked down at the bleeding corpse and steeled his resolve not to feel anything, Naraku knew it was coming, it was his own fault.
 
Inuyasha sighed; man this second job was beginning to be a bother. Too many things to keep covered up and not enough places for all the bodies. Maybe he'd feed off her remains to the pound, a little charity. He knew it was cruel but he laughed anyways, he basically had to put a halt on every single emotion he had in order to finish the job. And so what if suppressing all of it was going to cause a mental meltdown sometime in the future, he could always take up therapy… or drugs.
 
Inuyasha shook his head in pity. Judging by the scream he'd just heard echoing all the way up to the fourth floor he knew Sesshomaru had finally decided to show his ugly face.
 
Inuyasha idly wondered what kind of fight this one would put up as he studied the selection of knives on the table. He'd use the gun and make it quick and painless but with the party being so close he couldn't risk anyone hearing.
 
They always screamed Inuyasha mused, as if they had no pride at all. Well it was expected of the woman to scream, beg and cry, but he just pitied it when the men started blubbering.
 
He could hear the girl Sesshomaru was carrying up the stairs screaming as if she was right beside him, and it was really starting to get on his nerves. She had a pretty colorful language, Inuyasha laughed out loud at some of the crazy things she called Sesshomaru.
 
Inuyasha looked up at hearing the footsteps stop at the door. The girl was pretty hysterical; too bad he couldn't feel any pity for her. He wondered if her voice would ever give out on her anytime soon.
 
Inuyasha turned around and Sesshomaru brushed the girl in a very unkindly manner off of his shoulder. She landed with a thud and stood up in a flash as she furiously brushed the hair out of her face and glared with defiance at her captors.
 
Inuyasha dropped the knife on the floor.
 
“Kikyo?” He whispered.