InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 6
 
“Kikyo?” Inuyasha whispered.
 
Kagome gawked at the two white haired males in pure horror. The ten inch knife the one had been holding before he dropped it hadn't escaped her attention and now she glanced at it glinting on the floor like it was the most frightening thing she'd ever seen.
 
There was little light in which they could see and Kagome wondered if Kikyo was what the guy called all the woman right before he murdered them, well she was no Kikyo and she was going to try her best to prove it.
 
But just then she heard screams coming from outside, she shifted her head to the right to look out the windows but with them being on the third floor and so far back in the building all she could see was the spread of water lit by the moon.
 
The two guys must have heard the ruckus too because now they were cussing and running to the windows, or at least the one who'd held the knife was.
 
“SHIT! Sesshomaru some bastard kids are heading right this way! What the hell is going on?”
 
“Sango- Miroku!” Kagome yelled without a moment's hesitation when she recognized that they were screaming her name.
 
“WHAT!” Inuyasha turned furious eyes on her, “you know them?”
 
`Uh-oh…' This was not good.
 
“I'm going to go take care of them permanently!”
 
“NO!” Kagome screamed and started to run after him before he could hurt her friends.
 
Inuyasha started to run for the door but got intercepted by Sesshomaru.
 
Without even so much as blinking Sesshomaru held Inuyasha off. “You must not interfere with them this time little brother; this is getting far too carried away. We should not get involved. It is far too risky.”
 
“Would you save me the fancy speech we don't time!” Inuyasha spat as he tried to maneuver past Sesshomaru but to no avail.
 
Sesshomaru's voice rose a little with his impatience. “Inuyasha leave them, it is better that nobody else sees our identity. We'll take the girl out back and deal with her later, but nobody else can be involved tonight.” Sesshomaru glared at Inuyasha trying to prove his point. When Inuyasha gave him a push to get out of the way- like lightening Sesshomaru punched him clear on the face, Inuyasha was only dazed for a moment.
 
Inuyasha accepted his brother's offer but only because he didn't have the resolve to take out two more kids out tonight. Sesshomaru and Inuyasha turned around to grab the girl and run.
 
But she was gone.
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Just as Kagome, Sango and Miroku reached the beach; out of the clearing they heard glass shattering and a very feral growl, something similar to a lion. They picked up speed.
 
Without turning around to look back they ran as fast as they could to the convertible, still aware that they were in immediate danger.
 
As soon as they all got to the convertible Sango and Kagome screamed at a very stressed and strained Miroku to start the car.
 
Dirt twigs and anything else in the way was being violently spewed from under the tires as the car reared backward at an impressive speed, then the car was drifting to the side as Miroku flipped the wheel and did a complete 180 on the back road, smashing his rear bumper on a tree.
 
Without any regard for vehicle safety; all three having forgotten about seatbelts for the moment- especially Kagome- were being bounced about in the convertible as it sped at a terrifying pace down the dark road.
 
Only when they reached the main road with streetlights and other vehicles did they start breathing normally and buckling up. They were heading straight to the police station.
 
 
~<3 ~<3 ~<3 ~<3
 
 
Sesshomaru rolled his eyes heavenward as his brother let out another string of curses. He'd already sat through 3 hours of it. Now they sat in Sesshomaru's penthouse in Tokyo and Inuyasha had been warned; break anything and you'd regret it.
 
“How can you just sit there and be so fucking calm about everything!” For nothing better to do Inuyasha picked up a harmless couch pillow bit into and ripped it to shreds. This was the least damage he could cause to Sesshomaru's belongings and he had to destroy something with his unforgiving temper. “You do realize that they're probably sitting in a police station right now talking about who we are, what we look like and what we would have done if they didn't get away!” Inuyasha screamed in outrage with ragged breath.
 
Sesshomaru lifted an eyebrow, took a sip of his wine before speaking in the same monotone voice he used for the office. “You- little brother do realize you're screaming and these walls aren't soundproof.”
 
Inuyasha ripped another pillow to shreds leaving feathers floating everywhere in the luxurious living area. Sesshomaru sighed.
 
“This is entirely your fault!” Inuyasha pointed an accusatory finger at his brother and got up close to his face, nostrils flaring. “If you hadn't stopped me from getting that dumb bitch back we wouldn't have anything to worry about!”
 
Sesshomaru regarded him blandly.
 
“Inuyasha, surly you're not that simple-minded.”
 
Inuyasha growled.
 
“Do you not remember their names?” Sesshomaru raised an eyebrow at Inuyasha's ludicrous expression. “I clearly remember the two outside screaming for a Kagome, whilst Kagome screamed out for Sango and Miroku.”
 
Inuyasha scratched his head, he really hadn't thought of anything besides how much the young girl reminded him of Kikyo.
 
“So what… do you really think we're going to find those three based on first names, I never even got a chance to see the others before you let them all get away.” Inuyasha argued.
 
“Yes but the other two haven't seen our identities either; the only one we really need to find is this Kagome.” Sesshomaru stood up and walked over to the giant windows looking down at Tokyo. “How hard can it be when everyone at the party she was heading to came from the same school?”
 
“Right and all we'll need to do is find out a little information about a Kagome, who hangs out with a Miroku and Sango.” Inuyasha grinned finally seeing the light of the situation. “Besides it's not going to be hard getting info on someone when you have as much influence in Tokyo as I do.”