InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter eleven ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CH. 11
 
 
Inuyasha pulled up to the sidewalk about 100 ft. from the shrine and turned off his car. He was going to get this done and over with already. He opened his door and got out being careful to remain unnoticed incase anybody was watching. He took a deep breath of air and started walking up to the shrine steps.
 
He'd been careful to don his black wig and eye contacts and play the dreamy teenager named Ryo that Kagome was so familiar with.
 
Inuyasha stopped at the bottom of the shrine steps and wondered why this time it was different. Why he actually seemed hesitant to go through with this.
 
Was it nerves? He wondered. He'd never been nervous about anything in his entire life. As a matter of fact he'd never really given a second thought to anything; he's always been the brash type. That's why he was so respected and why nobody messed around or gave him any crap.
 
Why was this so difficult? He'd been thinking of a million different ways to go about this situation but when it finally came down to it he couldn't even remember one.
 
Maybe he should come back later…
 
`No' Inuyasha screamed in his head. It has to be now!
 
He steeled himself and without a second thought bounded up the steps of the shrine and quickly made it to the top. He quickly came up with a new sketch of plans to get the girl out of her house. He reached for the doorbell and rang incessantly until the woman he recognized as Kagome's mother opened the door. She looked a little discontented at seeing him there but he couldn't blame her. He'd already been informed from his brother that the Higurashi's knew about the hit man.
 
“Is Kagome here?” He tried a different pitch for his voice.
 
“Um… Ryo, Kagome's not here right now. You'll have to come back later.” Mrs. Higurashi said politely and went to shut the door.
 
Inuyasha intercepted with his foot.
 
“Excuse me young man!” She said haughtily, clearly offended. “I said she's not home, you're going to have to come back at another time.”
 
Inuyasha was speechless. It didn't even register in his pea sized brain that he'd blocked her until he'd seen her offended face. Now he'd have to say something or he'd never be allowed on the premises again. She'd probably get a restraining order or something. Yeah… like that's what he needed.
 
“Please,” Inuyasha put on his most sincere expression. “It's urgent. She has… a sick friend.” He would have said homework, but that wouldn't explain his pushy behavior.
 
Mrs. Higurashi eyed him wearily, she was obviously suspicious.
 
“Why haven't I heard about this sick friend… why hasn't her friends informed her.”
 
“Perhaps they didn't know.” He lied. “She isn't very close to them anymore anyways. They've been fighting recently.”
 
Inuyasha thanked the lords when she finally let her guard down and opened the door wider for him to come in. “Oh dear,” she mumbled to herself, “I hope they're not mad at her for moving away.”
 
“Moving?!” Inuyasha blurted before he could stick his foot in his mouth. `You are an idiot… shut up now!' His mind screamed. “I mean… yeah, that must be why they're angry. Friends suck.” Inuyasha shrugged his shoulders then ran up into Kagome's room before her mother decided to change her mind and kick him out.
 
~
 
Kagome took the last thing hanging in her closet over to the suitcase lying on her bed.
 
“Well, that's everything.” She whispered to herself. “Everything that I need to do is done, and the rest is left to the movers.” She had pictures in her mind of what her new house would look like. If her room would be bigger or her closet smaller, maybe she'd have her own bathroom. But she stomped those thoughts out quickly, she knew it was never a good idea to get your hopes up.
 
“Come in.” Kagome announced when she heard someone knocking on her door. She was expecting to see Miroku and Sango but when she looked up she couldn't have been happier. It was RYO! He came right in time. She would ask herself later why she was so happy to see him. But right now she didn't have time to guess what she was feeling.
 
“Ryo,” Kagome launched herself into a very confused and startled mans arms. “I'm so happy you came. I didn't think you knew that I was leaving. I thought you wouldn't make it, I didn't know how to get a hold of you. How did you find out I'm-“
 
Inuyasha put a finger to Kagome's mouth hoping she'd get the hint. Kagome giggled embarrassed that she'd been rambling.
 
“I'm sorry I lost control of my mouth.”
 
“You don't have to apologize; I already know how annoying you can be.” Inuyasha breezed past her and missed the indignant look on her face, though he knew she was wearing one. “So already packed up huh?” He concluded.
 
Kagome smiled sheepishly knowing they didn't have too much longer before the movers showed up and they'd be too busy to talk while packing away furnisher. “Yeah, this is actually my last day here.”
 
Inuyasha surveyed the room. Shit, how was this going to work. He'd thought he'd have at least another day but she'd be gone within that night. He'd do it discreetly, there were far too many people watching over this girl for him to do it otherwise. He'd need to get her to trust him and leave the house.
 
“So,” Inuyasha started casually, “you never did show me around town.”
 
Kagome tilted her head to the side, catching his drift. “I'm sorry Ryo, I don't have time. The movers are going to be here any minute and I'll be gone by midnight.”
 
This might be harder than he thought. He stepped closer to her to make it feel a little more intimate, intimidating and convincing. “Come on. It's only a quick drive into town.” He persisted.
 
“But my friends are coming over.”
 
“I talked to them,” he lied, “they won't be able to make it for at least another hour.” Inuyasha inched a little closer, if anything he told himself it was to confuse her. “I told them we'd need some alone time first, I need to time to say goodbye before you go.”
 
Kagome's mouth went dry. `Ok,' she thought to herself, `whatever you do, don't say yes. This can't go anywhere, you're moving away tonight!!!'
 
Inuyasha somehow had her backed into the wall without either of them realizing it. His breath fanned her cheek as he asked her again if she'd show him around town before she left. He knew this would be like taking candy from a baby. He figured from the first moment they talked she'd be like putty in his hand.
 
“Yes…” She blurted.
 
And he was right.
 
Kagome bit her tongue, `That's not what you were supposed to say you Baka!' She silently berated herself.
 
Inuyasha smirked inside, “perfect.” He grabbed her hand and led her downstairs.