InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 10
 
 
Sesshomaru reached into his pocket and pulled out his cell phone. He'd just left Inuyasha's office and was heading back down to his limo.
 
“Sesshomaru…?” An uncertain older man asked.
 
“Yes, what do you want?”
 
“Alright here's the thing,” the older man tried reasoning, “I couldn't find the girl.”
 
Sesshomaru stopped before getting into the limo and growled low into his cell.
 
“And why not” he growled.
 
“She wasn't there sir. I looked everywhere… I even waited outside for her in the hallways; there were people watching me. They must have thought I was suspicious looking because they asked me to leave. They didn't even give me a chance to explain myself.”
 
Sesshomaru gave another frustrated growl and slammed his phone shut before whipping it into the limo. Well at least he knows Inuyasha is going to be pleased when he finds out nobody's whacked the girl yet.
 
This kid was really starting to become a bother… how hard could it be to simply care of one naïve girl in high school.
 
Now it'd be up to Inuyasha to take care of the girl… though it might be tougher than he'd originally thought.
 
~
 
“Kagome…” Mrs. Higurashi sighed and sat a bowl of soup down on her bed stand.
 
Kagome looked up and wondered why her mother looked so anxious and worried. “Yeah”
 
Mrs. Higurashi sat down on the bed next to her daughter and took her hand in her own. She'd have to tell her sooner or later. “I got a call from the police.”
 
Kagome sat up in bed, a little alarmed.
 
“And…” she pressed.
 
“There might have been a guy in your school… looking for you.”
 
Kagome gasped and jumped off the bed to pace around her room. “Are you sure? Are they sure? How could they know?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi shrugged her shoulders and gave Kagome a look as helpless as she felt. “I don't know Kagome… they're the experts.”
 
Kagome stopped pacing and sat down. “What does this mean, what do they suggest we do about it?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi wiped a tear off her cheek before her daughter could see it. “They think we should relocate, somewhere in the country, someplace safer than Tokyo.”
 
“But, I don't wanna move.” She objected.
 
“What else can we do about it?”
 
“Well,” Kagome paused to think. “They said he was at my school right?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi agreed.
 
“Well then I can start being home schooled.”
 
She just shook her head and looked at her daughter with a guilty face. “I already told them to put us in the witness protection program and they're relocating us to Hokkaido. Besides,” she urged, “what's more important; convenience or your safety?”
 
Kagome put her head down and knew, even though she didn't want it to be this way there was really no other choice. Her mother was right, she'd have to move, what choice did she have?
 
Kagome sat in her room for the rest of the day contemplating what it was going to be like moving out of the city and away from everything she loved and was so familiar with.
 
~
 
Inuyasha got the call from his brother and was already heading to the Higurashi shrine.
 
So even the hit man couldn't finish her off. What was the girl psychic or something? She was one lucky girl. He mentally did the math on the number of times she'd managed to get away without as much as a scar.
 
The first time in the abandoned warehouse, then there was the time when he tried getting her into his car… damn cops. Inuyasha turned the corner and counted down to the time when he stayed over at her house for popcorn. The plan had been to get her out of the house and have her show him around, since he was the new kid and all. The only problem was she fibbed that she was grounded and wanted to show him around her girly bedroom.
Inuyasha scoffed. The dumb slut…
 
And now she's somehow evaded a professional.
 
He was going to get this done and over with, and if that meant drugging the girl in her quiet bedroom and smuggling her out the window on the second floor, well then it was just going to have to be arranged.