InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter nine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 9
 
 
“Good morning Mr. Takahashi, beautiful day out isn't it?”
 
“Yeah fuckin gorgeous,” Inuyasha spat as he picked up the stack of papers his secretary had laid out for him on her desk.
 
“You have 14 messages from Miss Yoko.”
 
“Miss… Yoko?” Inuyasha lifted a brow.
 
“She didn't leave her last name sir.” With that said his secretary got back to typing on her computer.
 
Inuyasha walked into his office and slammed the door shut. Today was going to be long and painful. Not only did he need to catch up on loads of paperwork but he also had 3 meetings, a hysterical driver to deal with and a girl to kidnap, not to mention he was uncharacteristically late this morning.
 
Inuyasha ran a hand down his face. Well the hysterical driver could be replaced, and he'd just have Sesshomaru fill in for 2 of his meetings, the man was always caught up.
 
Inuyasha slammed his hand onto the intercom.
 
“Yes?”
 
“I need you to get a hold of Sesshomaru for me, tell him it's urgent.”
 
“Right away Mr. Takahashi,”
 
Inuyasha growled at the intercom, he was really getting sick of how formal his secretary always was he didn't even ask her to talk like that. She probably only did it to annoy him.
 
 
♥
 
 
“So, I hear your day was eventful.” Sango said and bit into her sandwich.
 
Kagome gave her a deadpan look. “Right, all I got to do for most of yesterday was sit at home.”
 
“Yeah, with that hot new kid everyone's been talking about. By the way where is he today?”
 
Kagome looked around as if she'd find him behind her. “I don't know. He definitely wasn't sick yesterday; he stayed over long enough to watch a movie with me.”
 
Sango's brows went straight up. “He stayed over and you guys watched a movie? What movie?”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes when she recalled the one Ryo had pointed out, “Hostel.”
 
Sango made a face.
 
“I know and I had horrible nightmares about it last night to.” Kagome grimaced and shuddered as she remembered it. Her stomach still hadn't settled down after watching the more gruesome parts of the movie.
 
“Anything significant happen?”
 
“Huh… oh no, we argued for the first ten minutes, nothing special.” Kagome tried to fake a smile and regretted how it made her stomach coil up like a spring. She looked down at her lunch and got queasy.
 
“Kagome, you haven't touched your lunch.” Sango pointed out with concern.
 
“I know I can't even look at it. I don't feel so good.” Kagome grabbed her stomach when it coiled up again.
 
“Maybe you need to go to the nurses' office; you're looking a little pale.”
 
“Yeah, I'll go see the nurse after lunch.”
 
 
♥
 
 
“Sessh, I need some of your expertise today.”
 
“If you're trying to convince me to do your bidding by flattery you're wasting your breath.”
 
“I'm serious; if you do this for me I won't ask you for another thing.”
 
Sesshomaru sighed and took a seat in the plush burgundy chair. “You said that last time.”
 
“I need you to cover for me, only 2 meetings.”
 
Sesshomaru growled. “Don't you think I've been busy enough? What with my own work load and hiring that hit man.”
 
“What hit man?” Inuyasha blurted.
 
Sesshomaru sat bat in the plush chair, “The one that's going to kill Kagome.”
 
Inuyasha jumped up. “You idiot you can't hire a hit man! I was perfectly capable of doing this on my own! What was the first thing we agreed on when getting into this mess, we get the job done ourselves so word never leaks out! Now you're going to ruin everything! Do you know what that guy could do to us if he spills this to the public?”
 
“It won't matter because the only thing he knows is that I want the girl dead. Do you honestly think he's going to find out we're also the biggest drug dealers in Europe.”
 
“Yeah once one person creates a shady crime they're likely to do it again!”
 
“Why Inuyasha, I think that's the most brilliant claim you've ever made.”
 
Inuyasha grunted as a reply. “Well when we got into this mess I didn't think we'd need to `take care of' so many people.” Inuyasha sat down. It really was a shame, he was actually getting excited over taking the girl out, it was the first challenge that he'd had in a long time.
 
“So how is it going to be done?” Inuyasha looked down at the ground.
 
Sesshomaru sighed, “I'm not sure, all I was told was that he would make it quick and painless, he's a sharpshooter so he'll probably take care of it sometime after school lets out. That might be the easiest way.”
 
Inuyasha just nodded.
 
 
♥
 
 
“Well hello dear, I haven't seen your pretty face in here before. What's the matter?” The nice nurse asked and took out her stethoscope.
 
“My stomach's been feeling really queasy since last night. It might have been something I ate.”
 
“If you could lift up your shirt for me dear, I'll just place this right here.”
 
Kagome jumped. “Whoa, that's cold!”
 
The nurse ignored her reaction. “Now take a couple deep breaths for me.” The nurse continued to place the stethoscope in different areas making Kagome squirm uncomfortably.
 
“Well…?” Kagome asked hesitantly.
 
“Your stomach just seems to be a little upset. It might be something you ate, but not likely. I think you have the stomach flu.”
 
Kagome blanched.
 
“You need to go home and get a couple days rest, and then I think you'll be fine.” The nurse gave a cheerful smile and filled out a slip for Kagome to hand to her teacher.
 
`Ugh… great more time at home,' Kagome thought as she slipped off the examining table.