InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Average and The Universal Crackerjack ❯ Chapter eight ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ch. 8
 
Kagome stopped brushing her hair in the bathroom when she heard someone banging on her door downstairs. `Hmm… I wonder who that is.' Kagome jogged down the steps with a cheerful smile on her face and popped open the door.
 
Then slammed it shut.
 
Ryo
 
`Oh my god! How did he find out where I live?' Kagome racked her brain for something-anything that could have hinted to her whereabouts. `I can't believe this; I never told him my address! Well he must be awfully impatient when it comes to things… or maybe he likes me' Kagome got excited at the prospect of dating such a cute guy, but not to excited when she thought about how obnoxious and impatient he could be.
 
“Hey what's going on? Why did you slam the damn door in my face?” Ryo pounded on the door a couple times.
 
Kagome opened the door, “He-he, sorry I thought you were someone else.” Kagome smiled sheepishly and motioned for him to walk in.
 
Ryo didn't waste time with pleasantries as he bounded in and shut the door behind him, “so when are you going to show me around town?”
 
Kagome frowned. Great, the one time a gorgeous guy wants me to go out and about with him and I can't even leave the house without a chaperone.
 
“Umm… I'm grounded.” Kagome lied.
 
Ryo narrowed his eyes, “Then why did you insist on showing me around earlier if you knew you couldn't?”
 
`Crap, think fast Kagome!' “Because I just got grounded an hour ago…” Kagome gave a nervous giggle as Ryo continued to scrutinize her. “Yeah turns out I'm not allowed to… break things… and stuff.”
 
Ryo didn't look convinced.
 
“Well what did you break?”
 
Kagome sweat dropped. “My moms vase… it was her favorite.”
 
“I take it your mother's not a very forgiving person.”
 
“Yeah that's my mom!” `Time to change the subject…' “So do you want to check out my room?”
 
Ryo starred at Kagome for couple seconds.
 
`What is he thinking? Why can't I decipher that look on his face?'
 
“Sure.” Ryo finally announced.
 
“My room is upstairs.” Kagome started up them.
 
“So then where are the parentals?”
 
Kagome stopped short and if Ryo hadn't been paying any attention he would have ran right into her. `Now he's asking if my mom's home… I can't believe this! What do I do, what do I do? I've never been in this situation before!'
 
“Umm… my mom's somewhere downstairs cleaning and my little brother Souta is in his bedroom.”
 
Today is the day to lie, Kagome thought, not only were her grandpa and mom at the neighbors but they took Souta with them. Or course Kagome's mom had her cell with her in case anything happened.
 
When they walked into the room Kagome noticed how peeved Ryo looked.
 
“Are you alright?” Kagome asked.
 
Ryo just nodded and crossed his arms with a grim face.
 
Kagome found herself getting annoyed. `Well if he doesn't like the situation he can just leave!' Kagome plopped down onto the bed and glared at Ryo who in turn glared at her wall.
 
“You know if you don't like it here you can just leave.” Kagome inwardly cursed herself for feeling so put out by his sudden attitude.
 
Ryo huffed and plopped down on the bed next to Kagome, it looked like he was giving himself some kind of pep-talk.
 
“Alright…” Ryo said through clenched teeth, “what do you want to do?” Forcing himself to relax Ryo lay back on the bed, folded his arms behind his head and closed his eyes.
 
They sat in silence for a total of five minutes listening to the cars and bustling people outside.
 
“Well…” `Maybe I need to lighten up the situation… he's probably sad because he left all his old friends behind when he moved here.'
 
“Umm… Knock, knock!”
 
Ryo opened his eyes and glared at Kagome who happened to be his polar opposite.
 
“Oh come on, just play along!”
 
“I'm not some 5 year old you have to entertain you know!” Ryo snapped losing his patience.
 
“Well entertain me then! You know you haven't been loads of fun since I met you either!”
 
Ryo thought it over then pursed his lips together. “Who's there?” He grumbled.
 
“Anita…”
 
Ryo rolled his eyes. “Anita who…”
 
“Anita get laid!” Kagome burst out laughing and rolled backwards onto her pillows.
 
Ryo's eyes went wide in shock. `Did she just say that?'
 
Just then Kagome's mother walked into her bedroom looking frazzled. “Kagome is everything alright!”
 
Kagome instantly sobered and stared at her mom who in turn stared at her.
 
“Oh hi mom… I didn't hear you come in…”
 
Ryo sat up suddenly attentive, “Wait, I thought you said your mom was downstairs cleaning…”
 
“Uhh…”
 
Kagome's mother cleared her throat in the doorway. “Eh-hem, Kagome I need to talk to you… now!”
 
Kagome blanched and jumped off the bed and walked out as her mother shut the door behind her.
 
Ryo sat on the bed until he heard their footsteps echo down the stairs. Getting up he glanced down at the pink comforter that smelled like roses and snarled today was not turning out great at all. Walking up to the door he put his ear to it.
 
`Good, the coast is clear.' Whipping out his cell phone he noticed the 7 missed calls since he silenced his phone, 4 from his driver, 2 from Mizuki, and one from his brother.
 
Plucking the phone open he dialed his brother.
 
“Hello.”
 
“Hey Sesshomaru, it's me.”
 
 
♥
 
 
“Kagome what is the matter with you! I leave for a half hour to visit our neighbor and you invite strange boys into our home!”
 
Kagome shrugged, it seemed like a good idea when he showed up at her doorstep.
 
“Mom, for one it's not `boys' it's `a boy'” Kagome did quotation marks with her fingers, “and he's not a threat, he's just some guy from school.”
 
“Don't you remember what the police said? Someone could be out there looking for you!”
 
`No use in arguing with her, I'll only end up grounded for real this time.' “Alright, I won't invite him into our house anymore.” Kagome conceded.
 
Kagome's mother searched her daughters face for sincerity… and didn't find it. “Kagome, I'm serious, for now on the only friends of yours allowed on this property are Sango and Miroku.”
 
Kagome sighed heavily, “Alright… but what am I supposed to do about Ryo?”
 
“That's up to you I suppose. Just make sure the boy leaves before it gets dark outside.” Her mother turned around and left without another word.
 
 
♥
 
 
“What am I supposed to do? The bitch isn't even allowed to leave the house and her mother picks her up from school everyday!”
 
Sesshomaru sighed. “There's only one thing you can do, give up and let me handle it.”
 
Inuyasha grunted. “No way, you'd ruin everything!”
 
“I'm not so sure I could screw things up as badly as you already have. You've been given 2 opportunities so far and since my name is at stake here as well I think it's only fair you let me handle it.”
 
“And what would you do about it?”
 
“That's easy I would-“
 
“-Oh shit, I hear her coming back upstairs.” Inuyasha blurted then snapped his phone shut and stuffed it back into his pocket right as Kagome opened the door.
 
Kagome lifted a brow at the unsettled look on Inuyasha's face.
 
`Something about him is always off.' She mused.
 
“I thought you might want some popcorn to munch on?”
 
Inuyasha looked down, just then noticing the giant bowl of salted, buttery popcorn in her arms with a side of sliced pickles.
 
“I brought us up a couple of movies that just came out in case you're interested in watching any.” Kagome laid them down on the bed and spread out the movies for Inuyasha to get a better look at.
 
“Um Ryo,” Kagome giggled, “Your pants are vibrating.”
 
Inuyasha looked down at his pocket to see it shaking. “Oh it's… probably just my mom wondering where I'm at.”
 
“Shouldn't you answer it then?” Kagome said around a mouthful of popcorn.
 
Inuyasha pulled the phone out of his pocket and was surprised to find out it was his driver calling him again. `Shit, I was supposed to go out with her tonight.' Inuyasha grumbled something out loud about not getting laid and shoved a handful of popcorn into his mouth.
 
“What was that?” Kagome asked from the DVD player as she set the movie up.
 
Inuyasha smirked, “Oh nothing.”