InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Choices Made ❯ Chapter 19

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Nineteen
 
“Inuyasha, we have Ramen at home. Besides, you can't live on Ramen. It's been proven in medical studies. I am not buying anymore for you. We're going home now.”
 
“But, Kagome! It's RA-MEN! And, and…I missed out on it for a long time because I took you to that hot springs…and, and…”
 
“Fine. But you are going to have a hard time paying for it because I have all the money, and I'm leaving and not waiting for you.”
 
She walked off. “But it's Ramen” he whispered to himself.
 
“We have more at home!” Kagome yelled back to him.
 
“Oi. Should have said so!” said an Inuyasha running up to Kagome.
 
 
 
 
 
Sesshomaru had watched with an unreadable face while she ate. Jaken had scowled at her the whole time. Rin had tried to converse with her while smiling happily.
 
She had not needed to eaten in a long time. It was strange to do so especially having a demon lord and his…companions staring at her while she was eating. A demon lord-one who usually did not care about humans. For the first time, it struck her as odd; a seemingly non-caring demon lord took care, even seemed to love a human child, and had also saved and fed a human-a miko for that matter. She used to kill demons, yet, now she felt she was falling in love with one.
 
After she ate, Sesshomaru started showing her around his palace. Not speaking much, but he still seemed to be watching her-trying to read her reactions-her thoughts.
 
Finally, the silence was starting to annoy her, and some unanswered questions were nagging at her. “Sesshomaru…what will happen now? I am no longer dead-I'm alive. You no longer seem to want revenge on Inuyasha for taking Kagome, and now you are showing me around your castle seeming to think that I will be staying here. What are you trying to say to me if anything?”
 
 
 
 
`Kuso. What do I want-expect of her? Why am I showing her around? Has it come to this? So, now I have to admit that I am as weak as my father and brother?'
 
“Sesshomaru-if you are thinking about being weak, you are obviously not. Do you feel you have become weaker because you saved Rin? You love her like a daughter; you went after her when Naraku kidnapped her, I also hear you went after her after a priest tried forcing her to stay at a village. He told you that Rin staying with a demon was unnatural and asked you if you wanted her to be happy and have a normal life-to have friends and get married eventually. How her life is unnatural staying with a demon, and how you were being selfish. You then gave her the choice-you want her to be happy. You want what any parent would want for their child. How can you think that loving someone makes you weak? You despise Inuyasha for getting the Tetsusaiga. Your father gave it to him because the sword runs on emotions-on love and the will to protect those. You at the time did not have those emotions or will, so the only reason it would have transformed or did when you wield it with the stolen arm was because your youkai transformed it. Inuyasha has made the sword stronger because of his will to protect those that he loves. When Sounga possessed Inuyasha and you were weak from trying to wield Tetsusaiga, what gave you the strength to fight Inuyasha still was that Sounga was forcing him to try to kill Rin and Jaken. You were on your knees in pain until you saw Inuyasha going after Rin and Jaken. You then found the strength to get up and fight more-to protect them. After all of that you have been through, comparing your strength and priorities before and after you saved Rin, how can you still think that having emotions, feeling love, is being weak?”
 
After a pause “Rin travels with me of her own free choice. I do not force her to or not. She has no parents or friends. She does as she wishes.”
 
“Sesshomaru. You are avoiding what this is about. Do you wish that I stay here, or does it matter not to you?”
 
“Do as you wish Miko” stated Sesshomaru as he turned and left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
`What am I suppose to say to her? This Sesshomaru cannot admit that Kikyou might be correct in her assumptions-about this Sesshomaru and Rin. Still, Kikyou must stay. How could a human woman do this to this Sesshomaru? She cannot leave.'
 
Sesshomaru turned back around and went back to where he left Kikyou. She was just standing there looking at him. The thought of her leaving him and desperation to keep her there started to move him. Next thing he knew, he had his arms around Kikyou, and his lips pressing against hers. What surprised him the most though was that she was not resisting. In fact, she seemed to encourage him. An invisible force was driving him to never let this end and to put forth more emotion that he never knew he possessed.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The fateful night was here. The trees and nature seemed to know something disastrous would be coming…soon. The wind was blowing outside, but inside, he was the only one to feel it. The women were laughing at some jokes they were telling upstairs, but the men downstairs were filled with distress. It was the night of the big date. Grandpa was giving Inuyasha advice. Most of it went unheard. Inuyasha figured he had a better chance of not screwing anything up if he listened to Souta. But then again, wasn't originally Inuyasha who gave advice to Souta on how to impress his girl?
 
Demons he could handle. Mortal danger he could handle. Emotional danger-well. He had lost several battles regarding that already; losing his mother, losing Kikyou…just how many heartbreaks could one guy take-even if he was hanyou. It didn't help his nervousness that he had to wear the shoes and the pants. He felt so constrained; he felt trapped. Not to mention that he seemed to slide some in the shoes so he didn't feel comfortable even walking. Even a simple step made him feel uneasy and unsure. Nothing was familiar or made sense-this whole night he could tell that he would be on edge.
 
He could hear Kagome open the door and coming downstairs. He could back out now…he could say that Shippo had come running in complaining about something or the other-wait…Shippo couldn't get through the well. Well-he could bolt out the door and disappear into the well…but then Kagome would never forgive him, and he would be sat. Well…nothing left to do but go with this dreadful thing he had first agreed to.
 
He stared at the ground for a few quiet moments. He could tell Kagome was looking at him. He began to look up. “Kagom-“
 
“Don't complain about the pants or shoes Inuyasha. They are necessary.”
 
Quiet.
 
“Inuyasha? We are still going, right?”
 
“Errr. Umm…I guess so.” She looked so beautiful-so unreal.
 
 
 
 
 
 
They were in the restaurant eating. Inuyasha had been quiet the whole time. At first, Kagome thought it was because they didn't serve Ramen, but no she wasn't so sure. He just seems to be staring at his food not really eating, and she noticed him taking glances at her, but mostly staring at his food. “Inuyasha? Are you still mad about the clothes and shoes or are you mad about them not having Ramen? What's wrong? Com'n. Talk to me.”
 
“Those clothes…”
 
“Huh? Wait…I remember this…you aren't going to tell me to take them off again, are you? I can't possibly look like Kikyou in these!”
 
“I wasn't going to, but now…damn. I've been hanging out with that damn monk too much.”
 
“So, what is wrong then?”
 
“You…you…don't look like yourself in them. You…make me nervous in them.”
 
“Nervous? How so?”
 
“You look pretty in them…too pretty. It makes me think that all these guys are staring at you asking themselves `what is a pretty girl like that doing with a hanyou'. I don't like it.”
 
“They don't know you are a hanyou-your ears are covered up, and you look normal. People just think you dye your hair and have amber contacts. It really isn't a big deal. And don't worry about any other guy. I'm staying with you. I'll stay with you forever and only you can protect me, remember? You can protect me from all the other guys. Don't worry. I'm with you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The rest of dinner went great. Did Kagome want to risk another movie with someone from the dog-demon clan? Inuyasha was a bit more familiar with her times and motion pictures, so why not try it? Inuyasha would go for an action movie. Kagome just hoped that he would sit still and remember that it was only a movie, and he didn't have to join in.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“You remember the TV right? Well, this is a TV on a really big screen. You know to stay still and not go on the attack, right? Hey! Let's go get food! Hmmm…” Kagome giggled. “Let's also get Sour Patch Kids…along with…popcorn, and M&M's! Can't forget drinks also!”
 
They bought the items and found a seat. Kagome couldn't wait to see Inuyasha's expression of Sour Patch Kids…she remember Sesshomaru's reactions…lets see how much alike the two brothers were.
 
“Here. Try these” Kagome practically shoved the box into his face.
 
“Oi Kagome. What has gotten into you?”
 
“Just try them.”
 
“They aren't like curry are they? That stuff burns! I don't know why your mom makes it so hot. It really does burn.”
 
“Those are nothing like curry. Try them.”
 
“Fine wench…” He eyed the candy suspiciously. Then tore open the package and took out one. He sniffed it, gave Kagome an “are you sure this stuff won't kill me” look and stuck it into his mouth, and began to chew.
 
Inuyasha scrunched up his face, felt his eyes tear up then spit out the offending item. “What the hell was that?!”
 
“It was candy. Sesshomaru really liked it. I thought you might also.” stated Kagome nonchalantly
 
“Feh! He would. And when and why did he try this stuff?”
 
“Well, he was here for some time, and he wanted to learn about my time, so I took him to a movie-actually, a romance, and by the way, he isn't so bad of a guy. Why do you two always fight?”
 
“We fight because he's a bastard! And why did you-“
 
“Shhhhhhh! The movie is starting.”
 
“But!”
 
“Hush. The movie is starting!”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
“So how did you like the movie Inuyasha?”
 
“It was strange. I don't know how I felt about it.”
 
“Oh. Ok. Well, let's go home now. I'm really tired, and it's getting really late,”
 
They started walking back towards the shrine.
 
“What did you think of it overall?”
 
“It was…Kagome, I did this for you. You already know how I feel about you. I don't know anything about courting and what to do. I also figure courting in this time is different from my time, so I don't know what I am doing. I just hope that I am doing this correctly. When I said I would always be there to protect you I meant it even if you didn't want me. I just want you to enjoy the date. I told you. I want to be with you for a long time. But if we do this again, do I have to wear these pants and shoes?”
 
Kagome looked at him and smiled. She stood up on her tiptoes and gave him a quick kiss on the lips, then put her arms around him. Inuyasha returned the embrace, and kissed her forehead.
 
Kagome stood back and grabbed his hand. “We better get back before Mama starts to worry.”
 
“She won't worry with a big, strong hanyou to protect you.”
 
Kagome smile widened. “You're right. That's probably why she lets me go back to the Feudal Era all the time. You are always there to protect me and keep me safe-from everything.”
 
“Nothing will ever hurt you Kagome.”
 
They walk back to the shrine hand-in-hand.