InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Continuous Quest ❯ Waterfalls ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Continuous Quest
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. *throws away whips and chains* T_T
 
A/N: Well… since you guys didn't review, I'm glad I got emails for it. ^-^ you guys rock.
 
Chapter Two - Waterfalls
 
Kagome huffed to herself as she crossed her arms and continued to stomp through the forest. She thought better and knew the others would force Inuyasha to come after her, so she let her arms fall to her sides and then quickened her pace. Maybe if she started running she'd be able to find a good hiding spot to be alone before Inuyasha caught up to her.
 
Why did he have to be such a big jerk anyways? He always antagonized her and she was a bit on the surprised side that he did it now, since they practically defeated Naraku if he didn't flee at the last minute. Then again, this part of `jerkish' that he had now was probably created due to the fact that they came very close to defeating Naraku, so even if Inuyasha was a little ticked off because he knew Naraku was still out there, he would have an extra large ego for the next few months until the next meet of Naraku. At least they came close.
 
Kagome looked behind her. Still no sign of a red and white blur coming up behind her. That was a good sign. She observed the land around her and heard a waterfall. She smiled weakly at remembering what a few waterfalls looked like that she seen when she was only in grade school, but that was the only few memories she had so she decided that she could check out the waterfall quickly before rushing off to get away from Inuyasha.
 
She ventured through the forest some more, going towards the sound. The air seemed to clear out and purify because of the water mist creating a clean aura around the area. She pushed through some berry bushes. Not the best idea as she held in her ouches. Berry bushes always held thorns. She observed the cuts from the thorns and wiped the blood away with her finger. She looked at her right index finger to see even more blood than the others coming out. She sucked on it a bit as she walked over to the water, and stuck her finger inside, hoping to help her finger stop bleeding, and at the same time numb it so it didn't hurt so badly.
 
~*~
 
“Damn wench sitting me. Twice she sat me! Who does she think she is? She has no right! After I protected her countless times she still goes and sits me! We practically defeated Naraku and she sits me!!” Inuyasha said. He repeated the last sentence in the back of his head and softened a bit as he sniffed around for Kagome. “Maybe she sat me because she knew I didn't defeat Naraku and thought I could've. Maybe she's just thinking lower of me so she sits me even more.” He lowered his ears a bit but cleared his throat and sniffed again. Once he picked up her scent strong enough, he ran through it making sure to ready his heels as breaks if he ever lost the scent.
 
He smelt the waterfall, along with hearing it. Maybe she went there? You never can tell. Kagome's a woman. And women like water. It actually helped him out there on that part. At least he didn't need to smell sweaty humans around him all the time.
 
Inuyasha sniffed around the area some more. He froze right where he was and sniffed again. Yes his nose wasn't lying. Blood was in the air. There was blood mixed in with Kagome's scent. That wasn't a good sign. He looked at the berry bushes and thought nothing of the thorns being the perpetrator as he jumped over them and landed softly onto the grass. There before him was Kagome, on her knees, soaking her finger in the water. Her legs had long scratches and cuts going along them.
 
`That demon must've had really sharp claws to make those thing marks' He thought. He walked closer to her. There wasn't a smell of demon on her, and he didn't smell any demons around them now either. No corpse, no faint scent, nothing, nada, zip.
 
Kagome winced a bit and sucked are in through her clenched teeth as the water stung at her cut. It was too cold for her to handle but she knew it was for her own good. She left it in there and looked at the waterfall and her pained expression softened as she thought of home, and that they could possibly win their battles just as good as before.
 
She wiggled her finger around in the water; not knowing of a certain half demon crouched down behind her, slowly and silently making his way to her side.
 
Inuyasha snuck a glance at her expression to see if it was good to come closer. She seemed to be content admiring the waterfall. That was good. She wouldn't be as tempted to sit him. He reached out and grabbed hold of her wrist, ignoring her gasp of not knowing he was there. He held her hand up to him at a good distance so that he could focus on it, and then rotated her entire and around in front of him until he noticed the blood still dripping from her cut in her index finger.
 
Inuyasha examined it closely. Somehow, it must've been a blue moon tonight, because he but two and two together and looked at the water, then at her finger, then to the water again. He thought about what she was doing and then looked at her.
 
“What were you doing?” He asked, gruffly as if he was asking her why she was acting like a cat on the ground… something weird. He tilted his head to the side a bit to look at her and wait for her reply.
 
“I got cut going through the bushes. That's all.” Kagome said. She didn't really bother to ask her age old question, `why did you come?' or whatever she said similar. She seemed to change it any time Inuyasha followed her after an argument. It was becoming a bit tiresome for the both of them.
 
“So you let your blood travel downstream where demons can smell it and follow it up here where you could've been attacked?!?!” Inuyasha shouted, instantly standing up. Kagome looked up at him simply and stood up. She closed her eyes and sighed.
 
“You never change do you? I would've been fine and if I wasn't then I know you would've come to save me. You're getting your hakamas tied up in a bunch for nothing.” Kagome said calmly. Inuyasha scowled and folded his arms within his sleeves.
 
“Yeah so?! I still need to protect you that way I wouldn't have to save you!!” Inuyasha said. Kagome rolled her eyes and started walking away.
 
“As much of an attempt that was to not make me do it again because of your sworn duty to protect me, it's not really going to stop me from what I do. My instinct tells me to go and help you, and you say I'm stupid because I do that. Though, Inuyasha, if you look back on the battles I did that for you, we always ended up winning except for the last one but that was only because Naraku was a bit power crazy and fled before he lost.” Kagome said. She continued walking away from him. “Sit.”
 
He went down in a WHOMP!! And then once the spell wore off, he stood up and chased after her to keep up.
 
“Don't go chasing waterfalls, please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to. I know you're gonna have it your way or nothing at all, but I think you're moving too fast.” Kagome sang. Inuyasha looked at her like she was crazy. She giggled a bit.
 
“It's a song by an American group. Nothing to get yourself fussing over.” Kagome explained, and they continued to the clearing where Sango, Miroku and the others were waiting.
 
~*~
 
A nose brought itself to the water and sniffed it. Blood. Human blood. Human blood in water meant that there was a feast to be held. A chuckle sounded around the area. A demon was to eat tonight as he followed the scent of the blood, to the scent of the owner, and followed the scent of the owner.
 
~*~
 
“So Kagome… find anything interesting on you're little stroll?” Sango asked. Kagome shrugged.
 
“All I found was a waterfall that's about it. It calmed me down in a way. I haven't seen once since I was a little kid so it was nice to see one again.” Kagome replied. The group smiled lightly. Inuyasha scowled to cover up his.
 
Rustle rustle
 
“What was that?!” Inuyasha asked. He stopped in his tracks. The others stopped where they were too.
 
“I don't know. I didn't hear anything.” Kagome said.
 
“Me neither.” Sango said. They went on alert as they kept walking down the path.
 
Rustle rustle. That girl has jewel shards….
 
“There it is again. There's someone or something out there.” Inuyasha said. He gripped onto the handle of Tetsusaiga and removed the sword from the sheath. It instantly transformed and he faced the direction the sound was coming from. “Come on out you coward!”
The long snake-like demon emerged from the trees and brought itself down in front of Inuyasha where it shot off to attack. The others moved away and Inuyasha jumped up and stabbed the sword into the back of the demon.
 
Sango, Miroku and Shippo hopped aboard Kirara and Kagome stayed in a hidden place behind a tree.
 
Rustle rustle.
 
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!” Kagome screamed. Inuyasha instantly stopped paying attention to look over to where Kagome's scream came from.
 
“Kagome! Hold on!” He shouted, but it was a hair to late. The demon he was fighting instantly knocked Inuyasha into the air, sending him flying.
 
“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Inuyasha!” Kagome screamed again. She tried to free herself as something slimy wrapped itself around her ankle.
 
“Kagome!” Sango shouted. Kirara turned to go after, but the demon didn't allow it and they were all sent flying back.
 
“You shall not go to the girl with the jewel shards! My long and winding tail shall beat you to oblivion if you go near her.” The demon said. Inuyasha lifted himself from the ground and readied the Windscar.
 
“No one touches Kagome. And no one tells me I CAN'T BE NEAR HER!!!! WINDSCAR!!!” Inuyasha shouted, and with that he swiped through the air, leaving the sword into the ground as the windscar formed and went straight for the demon. The demon screeched as the windscar hit, but the demon quickly moved out of the way and moved its tail high into the air so that Kagome was hanging upside down in mid-air. She immediately held down her skirt and shirt on both sides and screamed.
 
“This demon is going to be harder to defeat than I thought if it's only feeling pain for the windscar.” Miroku said. Sango nodded in agreement.
 
“We'll probably have to put all of our strongest attacks together to get it… but Kagome's a little… occupied with keeping her dignity right now.” Sango said. Miroku smiled sweetly.
 
“Her dignity shall belong to me… if only she'd let go of the cloth and allow us to view her luscious bod-.” Miroku started, only to have Sango and Shippo bonk him one on the head and slap him in the face. Inuyasha held back from jumping over there and pounding the living daylights out of Miroku but he kept focused and readied another attack.
 
The demon chuckled at Inuyasha and wiggled Kagome in the air a bit to get to him.
 
“You are a small pathetic half demon who cannot defeat me!!” The demon said and looked at Kagome. “Shall I play with her? She would make a lovely toy.”
 
The demon then raised Kagome into the air and she started yelping. That's when it happened. The demon let go of Kagome's ankle, sending her falling, but before Inuyasha could race to catch her, the demon grabbed her around the stomach and raised her high up again, to drop her, and catch her. He continued and it agitated Inuyasha. He glared at the demon, taking steady steps to just go, and get Kagome, dragging her out of the grasp, but he knew the demon might hurt her if he did.
 
“Let her go!!” Inuyasha shouted, gripping tighter than ever on the handle to Tetsusaiga. His knuckles turned white and he glared at the demon. The demon dropped her again and caught her by the ankle. Inuyasha listened to her scream and looked over as she was once again dropped and then caught by her ankle. The demon dropped her again. He could see the tears streaming down her face as she fell… little sparkles from the sun hitting the tears flying around.
 
“INUYAAAAAAAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” She shouted. Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore. She might've had a fascination with waterfalls… but her eyes alone surpassed them as they cried out more and more tears, angering him much more.
 
To Be Continued…
Thanks to readers and DOUBLE thanks to reviewers, even if it is through email. ^_^