InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Continuous Quest ❯ The "Demonic Aura" ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Continuous Quest
By Animechicka1992
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha. *sobs in a corner*
 
A/N: Hi everyone! I would like you all to read another Inuyasha fiction that's way out there by me and my friend Sam. It's titled `Backstage' and it's under the `comedy' genre. It's an Inuyasha fiction.
 
Chapter Three - There's “Demonic Aura”
 
RECAP:
“INUYAAAAAAAASHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!” She shouted. Inuyasha couldn't take it anymore. She might've had a fascination with waterfalls… but her eyes alone surpassed them as they cried out more and more tears, angering him much more.
 
Inuyasha growled within his throat and raised Tetsusaiga over his shoulder. He looked up at the demon, and then to Kagome.
 
“I'm coming Kagome!!” Inuyasha shouted. He ran towards the demon and leaped into the air, and started slashing at the demon with his sword. Sango flew around on Kirara while Shippo stayed with Miroku on the ground who threw sutras at the demon.
 
“Hiraikotsu!” Sango shouted and threw the boomerang at the demon. She caught it soon after with ease and shouted over to Inuyasha. “You get Kagome! We'll handle the demon!”
 
“Alright then.” Inuyasha agreed. He slashed at the demon's tail countless times until it finally ripped off and he caught Kagome within the air and Sango took her on Kirara.
 
Miroku continued to throw sacred sutras as Sango threw her Hiraikotsu. Kagome tried to recover from what happened as quickly as she could and started shooting arrows, but only one at a time with a large time amount in between each shot.
 
“Windscar!!!” Inuyasha shouted, and shot it off at the demon. Miroku readied his windtunnel. Sango threw the hiraikotsu and Shippo did his foxfire. Kagome cautiously aimed at the demon and shot it off, and the demon weakened.
 
“Windtunnel!” Miroku shouted, and with that he sucked the demon into his endless void. Everyone rested on some rocks nearby the battle scene. Inuyasha knelt down by Kagome.
 
“Are you alright Kagome?” He asked concerned. She smiled weakly and nodded. She fiddled around with her hands.
 
“I'm just a little shaken up that's all. It's nothing serious.” Kagome said. Inuyasha put a hand on her shoulder.
 
“Maybe you should ride on my back until you're sure you'll be fine.” He said cautiously. Kagome was a little taken aback by his sudden concern and kindness, nevertheless the fact that he was actually using his brain and heart at the same time. She smiled more and nodded. “Alright. Let's continue through. See what we can find up ahead.”
 
With that, everyone got ready and started off.
 
~~*~~
 
“Hey Inuyasha…” Kagome whispered on his back. He turned his head a little so she wouldn't have to speak into his hair.

”Yeah?” He whispered. Kagome moved her head up more so she could be heard clearer.
 
“I sense a jewel shard.” She said. Inuyasha went on alert as they continued.
 
“Where do you sense it? Which way?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome moved her hand and pointed straight ahead. With that, the group raced off ahead to come to a village. A man approached them.
 
“What are you doing in my village? My daughters spotted you from their windows.” He said. Sango stepped forth.
 
“We're just travelers making our way so there's nothing to be alarmed for. We're all demon exterminators if you will. No harm done.” Sango said. Miroku stepped forth.
 
“Yes, and we have come because I am a monk, and there is a strange and demonic aura within this village, most definitely around your home.” Miroku said. Everyone sweat dropped. All he wanted was to get a little glimpse and touch of the man's daughters. These are the usual lecherous deeds of the perverted monk.
 
“There's a demonic aura around my home?! Oh my! Monk and friends! Follow me travelers and help save us all!” the man said. “I am the headman. My daughters must not be consumed by any demonic energy for the next month! A ceremony is soon to be held to announce their coming of age for marriage!”
 
“Marriage? Oh my then I guess I must work extra hard to keep them safe!” Miroku said cheerfully.
 
“Rather extra hard to feel them up.” Sango muttered. Kagome chuckled. The headman led us to his small little temple house and led us to a guest room for us all to sleep in.

”You can all stay in here for resting tonight. It's the least I can do. As for you monk, I will show you to our Great Bodhisattva statue so you can get rid of the aura.” The headman said. Miroku sighed as the headman's daughters entered the room and bowed to the group, then left to the room next door.
 
“I hope Miroku knows what he's getting himself into. If the headman discovers Miroku's doing this to get to the headman's daughters, we'll most likely get kicked out of the village for sure!” Kagome said and sat on her claimed futon. Inuyasha scowled as he chose his spot by the door to the outside.
 
“Miroku's fine. He's been doing this since we met him and nothing ever went wrong so stop worrying and shut up. As soon as he's done we're going to get a big feast and a few people from the village as usual.” Inuyasha said. Kagome looked over at him upset.
 
“Don't make me say it Inuyasha!!” She warned. He rolled his eyes. “You asked for it. Si-.” With that, Miroku entered the room smiling, followed my many young women and a few men here and there carrying trays of food, which were set down on the floor, where everyone sat around it and dug in.
 
~*~
 
“This tastes so good! This is better than my mom's cooking!” Kagome said, biting into some more of the food. Inuyasha, who sat next to her, eyed her.
 
“Don't you mean that it's better than your cooking too?” Inuyasha asked. Kagome swallowed the food she was chewing.
 
“Sit!”
 
WHOMP
 
“Stupid jerk…. Insulting my cooking… stupid… dog…..” Kagome muttered under her breath. Inuyasha just eyed her once the spell wore off. He was too preoccupied with the food to continue on with the fight.
 
~*~
 
After everyone had left, the headman and his daughters arrived inside the room.
 
“Your dear monk said that it might be possible that more demonic aura might come.” The headman said. “So these are my daughters. Please watch over them so they are safe tonight.”
 
“It'll be our pleasure…” Kagome said… as everyone but the daughters of the headman and the headman glared at Miroku. The headman nodded in thanks and left.
 
“We will set up our futons for rest. Please do not mind us.” One of the daughters said. She stood.
 
“We thank you for watching over us tonight.” The other one said. She stood as well and the two set up their futons on the far edge of the room.
 
“Yeah, I guess it's time for me to hit the hay myself. Goodnight everyone.” Kagome said with a yawn and went to sleep on her futon. Soon after, Sango, Shippo, and Kirara went to sleep. Miroku desperately tried to fall asleep next to the women, but Inuyasha bonked him on the head, knocking him out for them, and throwing him under a blanket in a corner near Sango, who would most definitely kick his ass if he tried anything on her. That left Inuyasha to stay up just in case a demon ended up terrorizing the village. But that didn't matter… as Inuyasha closed his eyes and slowly drifted off to sleep without realizing it.
 
~*~
 
“Bring the women…” A voice whispered. With that, a dark purple glow, barely visible I the night, made its way into the room the group was occupying. It split up into five smaller glows, and implanted themselves within Kagome's, Sango's, the headman's daughters' and Kirara's forehead. Their eyes opened, glazed, so that all that was visible was the color of the iris consumed dominant so that there was no longer a pupil or a shine.
 
Each female stood up from where they were, and silently walked out of the room, and out of the village.
 
~*~
 
“Yes…. Come to me my lovelies…” The voice sounded again.
 
To Be Continued
Oh yeah another cliffy!!! *hides* don't hurt me but they're actually pretty fun!! STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTAH!!!