InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curious Case of Kagome's Scent ❯ Blueberry Cheesecake ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I do not own Inuyasha and I make no profit from this writing.

Nearly a week had passed since what he'd mentally deemed the 'finger-licking incident', and what a week it had been. If only he'd been able to stop himself, to somehow prevent it from happening, but no, he'd failed. His weakness and inability to control even his own body disgusted him to no end. The taste of her haunted him and the desire to strip her bare and give her one hell of a tongue bath grew stronger and stronger by the minute. His beast wasn't helping the situation either, constantly whispering in his mind, reminding him of her unique and very tempting flavor.

Just once. He only wanted to do it once. It would be enough. His eyes would memorize the sight of her bare before him. His ears would never forget the sounds she would make. His tongue... no, his tongue would never lose the taste of her. If he could just do it once, he could, and most definitely would, relive it daily. Hell, probably multiple times a day. He could admit to himself that he was quickly becoming obsessed, but there was one thing he refused to even consider. Sure, if he did it, then he could trace every inch of her flesh with his tongue every single day, but no, that was not an option. Thankfully, his constant mental companion had yet to latch on to that disturbing and forbidden thought, though Sesshoumaru didn't doubt it was coming.

He'd done his best to ignore her since the incident, but he was failing miserably and he knew it. His beast never seemed to shut up, going on and on about her ever changing scent and how important it was to discover her natural one. Still he refused to explain why and it was really beginning to piss the more civilized side off. His will to avoid her had been growing weaker and weaker as time passed and every time her scent shifted, a large portion of his self control crumbled.

While he tried and failed to maintain his distance, both mentally and physically, she was doing  much better job. She'd given him a wide berth since he'd orally assaulted her fingers and he found he couldn't blame her. She had no idea what was going on or why he'd done what he'd done, and he sure as hell wasn't planning on explaining it to her. Kagome had all but stopped talking to him. No more innocent conversation starters or invitations to join in their games. She still offered him dinner, but often by proxy, sending Shippo or Rin to do the actual asking instead.

Her avoidance, however understood, was beginning to frustrate him. For some unknown reason he wanted for her to be comfortable in his presence. Unfortunately, comfortable was something she most definitely was not, and he felt almost guilty, an emotion he had never experienced before. He fought tooth and nail, mostly for her own pride but also for his dignity, to not approach her about her changing scent again, but he knew he was fighting a losing battle.

His nose twitched and his eyes flew open to study the girl sitting on the other side of the campsite. How she'd managed to change her scent so rapidly and so completely he didn't know, but he did know that this time he would find out. He could no longer deny himself or curb the urge. He had to know.

Rising from where he'd been sitting motionless for hours, Sesshoumaru approached the nervous miko, watching as her eyes practically begged for him to be heading anywhere but in her direction. Sadly, he had to disappoint her.

"I wish to speak with you," he said coldly, watching her jump at his voice even though she'd known very well he was there.

"Okay..." she replied, her discomfort clear in her tone.

"Elsewhere."

"Oh..." her voice was quieter now as she nodded and rose. "Alright, I guess."

The taiyoukai walked away from camp, feeling as she followed obediently behind him. Her nervousness flowed like waves around him and he frowned when he noticed a touch of fear as well. Usually he reveled in the scent of fear, but not from her. That was the last thing he wanted to scent on Kagome, besides perhaps pain and other negative emotions. Still, though, the realization that she feared him caused a foreign ache to grow in his chest and he had to force the thought and the scent away as much as possible.

She trailed behind him like the condemned being lead to their execution, and yet she did not complain and did not try to escape. Sesshoumaru couldn't help but be proud of her strength and bravery, but that only reminded him of her fear. Feeling that aggravating emotion grow in her, he realized that his youki had risen with his frustration and he was only making things worse. He quickly reeled it in and turned to look her over.

"You should not fear this Sesshoumaru."

Her eyes widened, watching as he turned away again and continued walking as if he hadn't spoken at all. After a moment, she followed, hurrying to catch up.

He was relieved that his words seemed to have calmed her somewhat, and with that thought out of his mind he realized another. He was also relieved that Inuyasha had been away from camp hunting for their dinner when he approached her. The hanyou would never have allowed him to lead his precious miko away, and would have fought him with all he had. In an effort to gain even more privacy, he'd even gone so far as to head in the opposite direction the half-breed had gone.

Never before had Sesshoumaru been glad to avoid a fight. The changes this little woman were inflicting upon him were unwelcome and certainly undesirable, but he couldn't bring himself to blame her. It wasn't her fault he was too weak to control his own beast or to fight against simple curiosity. Still, he was not a happy demon, and once again his youki rose around him with his anger and frustration.

Kagome let out a little gasp as she took in the sight of his aura and paused, not sure she wanted to be following him anymore. To be honest, she hadn't wanted to follow him in the first place, but one didn't say no to Lord Sesshoumaru and live to tell about it. Still, it was getting to be a tad terrifying , and she wondered just how far her faithful hanyou had wandered in search of game and how long it would take for him to rescue her if it became necessary.

Noting the silence behind him in place of her soft footfalls, Sesshoumaru turned, again tamping down his youki, disgusted once more with his ever-weakening self-control. He searched their surroundings with his senses and nodded, deciding they had gone far enough to ensure privacy. The taiyoukai studied her intently for a moment. This wouldn't do. Her apprehension shone in her eyes and he knew it was his fault. He needed to find a way to reassure her, to convince her that the last thing he wanted was to hurt her in any way. Still, that was a task he had no idea how to complete. It wasn't something he had any experience with and he had no idea where to start.

Kagome stood, nervously wringing her hands as she waited. The silence stretching between them was making her insane and she needed it to end. She needed to find out what he wanted so she could get out of there and back to the safety of her friends, away from the utterly confusing and mildly terrifying demon lord.

She cleared her throat before speaking. "Was... was there something you wanted?" She watched as his eyes traveled her body from head to toe and a shiver shot down her spine. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, he replied.

"Your scent."

Kagome's face fell, her mind practically screaming 'Oh, not again!', but she held her ground. "What about it?"

"It changed from one moment to the next back at camp and I would like to know why."

'Why do you even care?' She kept her thoughts to herself and furrowed her brow. "I don't know. I don't remember doing anything." She paused for a moment before letting out a sigh and asking the fateful question so similar to the one last week. "Where's it coming from?"

Taking her words as an invitation, he leaned in close, savoring her scent as he tried to locate the source of the newest one. Each part of her seemed to smell a bit different. Her hair had one sweet aroma, while her skin had another, but those he was fairly used to by now. The new one, however, was something he'd never experienced. It was like berries, but more, as if it had been mixed with some kind of creamy confection. Finally he honed in on its location and found he was unable to hold back a smirk.

"Your lips."

Kagome let out a little gasp and wracked her brain. She had to figure it out. She didn't know how he would react if she didn't have an answer for him, but she knew she didn't want to find out. Suddenly, it dawned on her.

"My lip gloss!" she said triumphantly, a brilliant smile lighting both her face and her eyes.

Sesshoumaru felt his heart rate increase at what he could only describe as a dazzling display of beauty. He didn't understand his reaction and so he forced it to the back of his mind, deciding to focus on the issue at hand. His eyes focused on her lips, and he had to admit, they were certainly glossy. They shimmered at him almost invitingly.

"What is the purpose of this lip... gloss?" he asked, rolling the foreign words slowly over his tongue.

"Oh, well, it keeps my lips from drying out from the wind and protects them from the sun. It keeps them soft. Plus, it tastes nice," she said, while her tongue slipped out and licked at her bottom lip.

Once again his heart beat faster, the sight of her tongue exciting him in a way he'd never experienced. In his mind, his beast began that annoying whispering, telling him that he needed to see for himself. Sure, they looked soft, but were they really? What exactly did this substance on her lips taste like, and how would it mix with the flavor he'd already experienced? There was only one choice in the matter. He needed to kiss her!

Before she knew what was happening, Sesshoumaru was leaning closer. The miko froze in place, her eyes widening as she realized what was about to happen.

The taiyoukai watched her as he approached, moving slowly, giving her a chance to stop him. It was the only way he would get out of this, as he was completely incapable of stopping himself. It was rather comical, the way her eyes got bigger and bigger, until they suddenly fell closed as his lips touched hers. His followed quickly thereafter, the sensation so overwhelming he couldn't keep them open.

The kiss was soft, slow, and almost innocent, though his reaction to it was anything but. Her lips were indeed supple and sweet and he wished that the moment would never end as he moved his lips gently over hers, almost afraid to break her with too much pressure. Sensing both her need for breath and the fact that her brain seemed on the verge of meltdown, Sesshoumaru reluctantly pulled away, taking in the sight of her.

Her cheeks were flushed a bright pink, her hands were fisted in the hem of her shirt, and as her eyes opened they sparkled like the brightest stars in the night sky. She was most certainly confused, but it appeared that she hadn't hated the experience. That, at least, was a relief.

She watched as he licked his lips with a smirk. "What is that flavor?"

"Blueberry cheesecake," she all but stammered.

"Interesting," he replied, reaching out and running the pad of one finger along her lips, collecting the gloss that he'd managed to smear during their kiss. She watched in amazement as he licked his finger
clean. "Very interesting, indeed."