InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ Another test: Playing with Fire ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Japanese words:
Ningen- Human
Kitsune- Fox
Chibi- Small, little, or runt
Yume- Dream
Oi- Hey
Onegai- Please
Hai- Yes, or right
Nani- What?
Bijin- Beautiful woman
Miko- Shinto priestess
Gomen- sorry
Demo- but
Watashi- I
Teme- you
Itai- hurt, pain, or ouch
Ano- uh..., or um...
Shiroi- white
Akai- red
Damare- Shut up, or silence
Kaasan- mother
Baka- Idiot, stupid, moron, etc
Sayonara- goodbye
Minna- Guys, or everyone
Akurei- demon
Houshi- Buddhist priest
-------------------------------
Latin Words/ Spells:
Magnus Flamma- Great Flame
Ignis Flatus- Fire Blast
 
Chapter 7: Another test: Playing with Fire, too much, and you'll get burned.
 
It's midnight, and the stars and moon are out as certain people sleep.
 
The moonlight shines on the scene in the room.
 
A very touching scene indeed.
 
Zelgadis once again has the chibi gray kitsune on his sturdy chest.
 
As it seems, he is smelling her fur with every intake of breath he takes.
 
Kagome purred a bit as her dream continued, unperturbed by the piercing green eyes that watched the two.
 
And they were singing to themselves as they continued to watch.
 
“Little kitsune with the curious eyes come to me.
 
The soul hidden within you is what I want, you'll see.
 
Come back to your true form.
 
So we can start one hell of a storm.”
 
(You'll see what they mean later in the story. -Kouseki.)
 
And now the figure as we can now tell is a female smirks slightly.
 
Just as she turns to phase out, someone blocks her path saying-
 
“What are you doing here Hyourin?”
 
-Back to the hotel room-
 
The two are unfazed by the person as they continue to sleep.
 
And she also did not interrupt Kagome's yume.
 
Let's see what she is dreaming now shall we?
 
-Kagome's dream-
 
Kagome stood in her kitsune form in what looked like an ice cavern.
 
“Ice, it had to be ice now didn't it?” Kagome growled to herself as she took extra precautions so as not to slip.
 
“Let's try changing now, how'd I do it last time?” Kagome thought out loud as she sat down on the floor.
 
`Ok I was in a life or death situation, like always, and then, I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to finish my duties and everything, and then I thought about, not seeing Zelgadis anymore. But why would that trigger anything? Oh, no! Does that mean I'm falling in love again?! If he's anything like Inu-Yasha... Well, he's not! That's for sure!' Kagome thought to herself as a faint blush hit her cheeks.
 
As she was thinking about this, she hadn't noticed that she had changed into her semi-ningen form. She only noticed it after the ice started getting pretty cold. And you know you are not supposed to wear silk when its cold.
 
“Aggh! Cold Cold Cold!” She yelped as she suddenly jumped up, trying to get herself warm again.
 
A soft chuckling got her attention as she glared up into the rafters of the cavern.
 
“Terasu? Is that you?” Kagome yelled up towards where she thought she heard it, as she started to rub her arms in a frantic attempt to get them warm. Her wings were folded even tighter than usual, because of the temperature.
 
“Who else could it be? Zelgadis?” Terasu asked as she jumped down in front of the very flustered miko.
 
Kagome stumbled back a few steps, a furious blush hitting her cheeks as she forgot that she was on ice, therefore, slipping, and falling back on her behind. Her tails and wings spread out behind her, cushioning her fall.
 
“Itai. DON'T DO THAT!” Kagome yelled from her position on the ground.
 
“Don't do what? And you are kind of loud.” Terasu asked smiling, showing her fangs as she did so.
 
“The popping up out of nowhere, and suddenly in my face thing.” Kagome said as she jumped up again, feeling the `warmth' of the ice.
 
“Oh, you mean this?” Terasu said as she did the very thing that Kagome hated.
 
Kagome took a few careful steps back and pointed a clawed finger at her. “Hai that! And why do you have to always do that?”
 
“I don't know, to keep you on edge maybe?” Terasu said as she scratched one of her soft kitsune ears. As one of her tails twitched from being left on the ground.
 
Suddenly Kagome just remembered that she needed to hurt Terasu for the last yume.
 
“Oi, Terasu. Come here onegai.” Kagome said, trying to hide the mischievous glint that appeared in her eyes.
 
Terasu, it seemed didn't notice. “Hm? Nani?” Terasu asked as she walked towards the younger bijin.
 
`Closer.' Kagome thought as the seemingly oblivious guardian stalked closer.
 
Just as Terasu had come within arms reach, she was immediately grabbed into a headlock, very similar to Lina's
 
“Oi! Get off! Get off!” Terasu screeched as she felt her ears crumple under Kagome's arm.
 
“Why should I Terasu? First say you're sorry.” The younger guardian said as she tightened her grip. Her wings were spread out behind her, flapping, trying to keep her balance.
 
“C-can't breathe!” Terasu said as she tried to wriggle out of Kagome's grip.
 
She loosened up a bit and said “Now say gomen.” Her ears were flattened as she concentrated on keeping the flailing guardian in her grip.
 
“For what?!” Terasu asked aggrivated at the kitsune's boldness.
 
“For teasing me, and not telling me it was a test last time!” Kagome growled as she stared at the white of Terasu's hair.
 
“Oh, that. I thought you got over that! And especially since you do like Zelgadis.” Terasu said, stopping her struggles, and smirking. `That should do it...'
 
Kagome accidentally let go, yet another blush hitting her cheeks.
 
The kitsune took this chance to escape out of grabbing reach.
 
“D-demo-“Kagome was cut off by the triumphant smirk on Terasu's features.
 
“So I was right, you do like him, maybe even love him.” Terasu said as she turned sideways, closing one of her amber eyes, and smiling at the still blushing Kagome.
 
“Watashi- teme- grr.” Kagome, it seemed had lost the ability to string words together in a full sentence.
 
“What's the matter? Mad that I'm right?” Terasu goaded, as she examined her claws.
 
Kagome forced herself to calm down, by taking deep breaths.
 
`Ok let it slide, calm down, leave the person in front of me in one piece...' The angry kitsune thought as she watched Terasu, with barely hidden rage.
 
“Since you are finally quiet, I shall now tell you you're second test.” Terasu said as she stretched, and yawned, a small tear escaping the closed amber eye.
 
Kagome, who had completely forgotten about this test, cringed and tried to get out of this somehow.
 
“Ano, Terasu? Have I told you how lovely you look today?” The kitsune asked as, as she tried to will herself out of this dream.
 
Terasu looked a Kagome for a bit and said “Iie, demo flattery will get you nowhere. And I've blocked you from waking up until you pass, so stop trying.”
 
Kagome pouted in defeat and looked at the annoying guardian, with growing dread.
 
“Oh its not hard! All you have to do is learn how to get control over you're fire power.” Terasu said as she looked at Kagome's sad face.
 
“Demo, I already know how.” Kagome said, looking at the white haired woman with pleading eyes.
 
“Iie, only the strongest one.” Terasu said as she waggled an annoying finger in Kagome's face.
 
“You mean there's more? Demo, it didn't seem so powerful before.” The inexperienced girl said.
 
“That's because I toned it down a bit. And I had taken care of the aftershocks. Try it now if you like.” Terasu said with a smile.
 
Kagome looked at her for a moment and then she did as she did the last time, only this time, she felt her body's preparations for what she was about to do.
 
All nine of her tails had grounded themselves and were keeping her balance. Her wings had spread out and had turned from jet shiroi to a fiery akai. And her body had warmed up considerably, the ice around her body for about five feet had melted, and now there were clouds of mist around her, forcing her to concentrate on her hands.
She was almost afraid of what she was about to do, but part of her wouldn't back down. Right now she wished that part of her were somewhere else.
 
“Thine power which is absolute, Flame of the Everlasting Life, I give myself to you! Those who oppose us shall perish in the Inferno that burns, Magnus Flamma!” Kagome shouted as she felt an enormous power being built up in her hands.
 
She gasped at what erupted from her hands.
 
A large red beak had started to protrude from her hands, quickly followed by a bird's head then the plumes, which she was not so fond of, as most of them had hit her in the face, and all over her body, leaving burns. Next was the body, which was so wide that she almost didn't believe it had come out of her hands. Then came the legs, complete with the nice sharp talons. Which scratched her as they came out. And lastly was the tail, It's was the same as with the plumes, except double in force. It was about ten times as large as when she had first seen it.
 
“Aggh!” Kagome exclaimed as she was pushed back by the force of the huge phoenix, landing flat on her back.
It circled around once, and then it dissolved into the flames in which it was born, but not without malting all of the ice in the cavern, leaving it bare.
 
Terasu rushed over, checking the wounds on the wounded girl.
 
“You handled that well didn't you?” Terasu said sarcastically, as she poked Kagome's burnt flesh to check if there were any servere wounds.
 
“Damare, Terasu.” The girl spat as she winced, feeling the burns.
 
“I tried to tell you, so damare, yourself.” Terasu said as she started to use her healing powers.
 
“So did I pass?” Kagome asked as she felt the pain dulling to a mere annoyance.
 
“Iie, as my kaasan said to me before, `You play with fire, too much of it and you'll get burnt.'” Terasu said as she finished healing the stubborn guardian.
 
“Hmph. Sheesh, you sound like mine.” Kagome said as she suddenly grew saddened at the thought.
 
“Don't worry, you'll get back to her, but only if you listen to me ok?” Terasu asked.
 
“Ok, now tell me what I have to do.” Kagome said as she flexed her arm around in a circle.
 
Terasu smiled and then said as she stood, offering Kagome a hand, “Now say, Crimson Flame that is true, lend me the power bestowed upon you, Ignis Flatus.”
 
Kagome took it and only after she had stood she said wearily “Crimson Flame that is true, lend me the power bestowed upon you, Ignis Flatus!”
 
It was a similar feeling as to the phoenix, except she only felt it in her hands and it wasn't as powerful.
 
A fireball about as big as Lina's trademark spell shot out and blasted into the wall.
 
“That was good, but since you spent so much time acting like a baka, you wasted most of your time, so I can't teach you how to aim properly, I'll just teach you in another lesson.” Terasu said as she rubbed her eyes, taking care not to touch the pearls.
 
“Ok, now can I leave? And did I pass?” Kagome asked stretching her body.
 
“Hai, I wouldn't let you leave otherwise, sayonara Kagome.” The guardian said as she snapped two clawed fingers, willing Kagome out of her dreamscape.
 
-End Dream-
Kagome was awake, but she didn't feel like getting up right now, it was still dark, and she was quite comfortable where she was.
 
She then noticed that someone's nose was in her fur, so she cracked a bleary eye open to make sense of her surroundings, she blushed at what she saw.
 
Zelgadis was the one whoms nose was in her fur smelling her like she was some kind of flower.
 
`How can I go to sleep after this? I bet you Terasu knew about this. Oh she is going to get it!' Kagome thought murderously.
 
Now we leave the kitsune to these thoughts so we can see just where the other group is.
 
-With Inu-Yasha-
It was at night in that same clearing that they were the last time.
 
Inu-Yasha had checked every spot in this clearing, and the only thing left to check was the lake.
 
But he was afraid of what he would find at the bottom. (Remember, he doesn't know it's a magical lake. -Kouseki.)
 
“Ok minna, on the count of three we all jump ok?” Inu-Yasha asked them all as he steadied himself on the edge of the lake.
 
“Ano, Inu-Yasha, but what if Kagome-kaasan is-“Shippo said as tears welled up in his eyes.
 
“Shippo don't think like that! Kagome-chan will be alright. And don't even think about it Houshi-sama.” Sango said as she tried to comfort the chibi kitsune akurei.
 
“Demo, Sango what was I going to do?” Miroku asked innocently.
 
Sango just moved farther away from him and continued to comfort the kitsune child.
 
“Inu-Yasha, are you sure my Kagome is in there?” Kouga asked, as he finally called him by his real name.
 
“Hai, and she's not yours wolf, ok on three.” Inu-Yasha said as he gazed at the water, his amber eyes showing just how much he missed Kagome.
 
“Hai!” Everyone said.
 
“One, two three!” Inu-Yasha yelled as he jumped in.
 
The others did so too.
 
Then as soon as they were taken downwards, they were taken upwards.
 
`What in the seven hells?' Inu-Yasha thought as he saw surface.