InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ Who’s this? ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter six: Who's this?, curiosity is evil, and time for another night of dreams.

We join the Slayers group after a few days of traveling, as they have come upon a town, and the first thing on Lina's list is-

“FOOD! FOOD!” Then the fiery sorceress and the blonde swordsman simultaneously say as they race into town, towards the nearest unsuspecting restaurant.

Amelia, just shakes her head as she walks into the town, followed by Zelgadis, who has still not allowed a certain gray kitsune to walk on her own, not that she's complaining.

During the few days, Kagome has gotten to know her new companions quite well, all except for Zelgadis, he never opened up for anyone, all she knew about him was that he was searching for a cure for his body.

Lina well she was the younger sister of the knight of Cephied, who or what ever that is, and she was scared to death of this Luna Inverse. And she had defeated the dark lord Shabranigdo. And she had even been possessed by someone called the Lord of Nightmares. And she had one of the worst tempers to boot.

Amelia was the crown princess of Seiloon (sp?). She also had a sister, but she never talked about her much. She had met them all when they were accused of being criminals.

Gourry was- well she didn't know that much about him either, except that he had an enchanted sword that Lina wanted badly, and they called it the Hikari no Ken. And he was about as dense as a Jellyfish.

And that guy Xellos, was annoying, and would never give a straight answer. And he was, as they called him a monster. But he didn't look like any demon she had seen before, and he wasn't as mean as any that she'd seen before.

Just before the shaman walked into town, Kagome caught the scent of oranges and mangos.

She sniffed around and found the source to be in the shadowed branches of a tree.

The kitsune scanned the trees carefully, and found nothing.

She shrugged it off and allowed herself to be carried into the town.

But, if she had allowed her gaze to linger a bit longer, she would have seen the emerald green eyes peering at her from the cover of the leaves.

The eyes crinkled in a smile as they whispered to the wind.

“Little kitsune, come to me...”

Then a figure clad in black jumped down from the tree, and followed silently into the town, the hem of the gold-rimmed black cloak swishing in the breeze.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_ ^_^

Well at the restaurant, the place was in utter chaos.

Most people had left by the time Zelgadis had arrived with Kagome.

The only person left was a person sitting in a corner that was a bit green in the face.

When they arrived Zelgadis took a seat by Amelia, and asked a servant to bring him a muffin, and some coffee. Then he looked at the table, as he finally let Kagome go.

“Ah food! Demo no oden...” Kagome yipped as she bounded across the table.

About thirty or so plates were piled up on one side of the table.

Lina, had blasted the blond several times for the attempts at stealing her food, and the kitsune would be no exception if she crossed her. (Don't worry, he's still alive. He's too much of a jellyfish to die anyway.- Kouseki)

“Oi! Get that rodent off the table!” Lina yelled as she pointed a half- eaten drumstick at Kagome, who had just taken a bite out of the closet piece of meat.

“Oi! I'm not a rodent for the last time Lina-san!” Kagome growled.

“Lina-san, it's a kitsune, not a rodent.” Amelia said as she sipped at her tea.

“What's the difference?” the fiery mage asked as she then took another bite out of the drumstick.

“I thought that rodents were smaller than kitsunes Lina, even I know that!” Gourry said as he took several bites out of his bread loaf.

All he got for an answer was a fireball in the face.

“Like I said, Amelia, what's the difference?” Lina asked testily.

Amelia sweat-dropped, and chose not to answer that as she noticed Lina was in prime position to blast her with an assortment of spells.

“Lina, she's right, she's not a rodent, she's a member of the dog family.” Zelgadis said as he looked at her with calm aquamarine eyes.

Gourry wisely chose to keep quiet as he continued to eat. (or as quiet as he can be as he is eating.)

“You are half-way correct, Zel-chan.” Kagome yipped as she stalked closer to Lina with her newly acquired stealth.

Lina blinked and glared at him, about ready to blast him to kingdom come, but she found that suddenly her meat was heavier, she looked down, and scowled at what she saw.

Kagome had her jaws clamped onto the drumstick, and was preceding to try to rip off the meat.

“AGGH! Now it's contaminated! Fireball!” Lina shouted as she aimed her hand at the kitsune.

A ball of fire erupted from her hand, and Kagome's eyes widened as she was about a second from being hit when-

“Aqua Create!” Zelgadis said as he finally got his coffee and muffin.

The fireball dissolved in a cloud of mist.

Kagome blinked and looked around to see what, or better yet who had saved her.

“Why'd you do that Zel?” Lina asked as she sent a death-glare towards the shaman.

“Hey! He saved me, oh arigato!” Kagome yipped as she suddenly found herself in the possession of the drumstick, she then began to eat it happily.

“Because since I have named her, that means she is mine, so I didn't want her to get hurt.” Zelgadis answered her as he glanced at the gray and white bundle of fur over the rim of his mug.

Lina glared at him a bit more before she was sidetracked by another helping of food that was placed in front of her.

“Ok ok ok I forgive you, now let me eat in peace.” Lina said as all of her attention was directed to her food.

Zelgadis blinked as someone opened the door into the restaurant, he looked over and watched with mild curiosity.

Suddenly the scent of oranges and mangos filled Kagome's nose, and she turned her head to the door also.

A person with a gold-rimmed hood entered, and walked swiftly to the back table in the corner.

As the person sat down, their cape moved aside to reveal a formidable- looking black sword and sheath resting at their hip.

Then the person looked up locked eyes with Zelgadis, and suddenly a whispery voice was heard in his head.

`Leave the kitsune, give it to me, and it will save you the pain and trouble of dying.'

He blinked as the voice disappeared, as well as the eyes as the person was seen talking to the waiter that had just arrived to take their order.

`What the hell was that?' Zelgadis thought as he felt a weight on his lap.

He looked down into the face of Kagome.

Her blue-amber eyes were filled with curiosity as she looked at him.

He lifted a hand to pet her when-

“GOURRY! LET GO! IT'S MINE!” Lina yelled as she pulled on a piece of food, and it began a kind of tug-o-war.

He sighed and resumed his petting as he looked over at the person in the corner of his eye.

They were busy putting something on their food.

“Zelgadis-san, daijobo?” Amelia asked as she looked into his face. “You look a bit pale.”

“Daijobo, Amelia.” He answered as stroked Kagome softly.

`What's wrong with him?' Kagome thought as she let herself be stroked.

But the rest of her thoughts were derailed as she listened to the conversation that the swordsman and the mage were having.

“Iie Lina, it's mine!” Gourry yelled as he tried to pull on it harder.

Lina growled, and fireballed the blonde for his mistake.

“Heh, heh, heh. Well it's mine now, Gourry.” Lina said as she gobbled up the thing that they were fighting over.

`I already knew who would have won this one, Kagome thought as she watched the crisp swordsman fall to the floor.

Shortly after Gourry had gotten blasted again they left, with the bill unpaid yet again, courtesy of Lina Inverse.

“Let's go find a tavern you guys, so we can get ready for sleep tonight.” Lina yawned as she looked at the darkening sky, they had arrived at the town around sunset.

“Ok Lina-san, you choose the tavern.” Amelia said as she looked at the older woman.

“Ano, ok this one.” Lina said as she found the closest one to her; which was right in front of her.

“Lina , I could have picked that one!” Gourry said as he entered the tavern after the red head.

He was lucky she was tired, or he would have been thrown out of the place, or worse.

Amelia followed next, yawning and blinking her eyes to feel more awake.

And last was Zelgadis, whom was holding Kagome yet again as he walked along.

Just as Kagome had yawned, she caught sight of the person from the bar, and then she heard faintly as they turned the corner-

“Little kitsune, come to me...”

Kagome really wanted to go over there and look around, just to see where the person had gone, but she couldn't, as she was too comfortable in the arms of the chimera.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Zelgad is had entered his room and immediately put Kagome down on the bed, so he could take off the nessacery garments for bed.

Kagome then crawled up on the bed to the pillows and curled into a small ball.

“Looks like someone was even more tired than I was.” Zelgadis said as he slipped under the blankets, falling asleep easily as the smell of sakura and cinnamon entranced him.

Kagome sleepily yawned, and moved a bit closer to him, and fell into a dream-filled slumber.

But unknown to them both were the emerald green eyes that watched them sleep.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*