InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ Another Blasted Dream ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter five: On the road, another blasted dream, and why is Zelgadis blushing?
Ah, we join one of our little groups as they are walking along a dirt path to some unknown destination.
With our favorite black mage leading them along of course.
Our little princess/shrine maiden whom is talking to said mage.
Our blond swordsman/jellyfish is next and he is currently admiring the scenery, or as close as a jellyfish can get to admiring the scenery.
And our very adorable chibi kitsune that just happens to be sleeping in our favorite chimera/swordsman/shaman's arms is last.
And he is doing his favorite thing in the world: brooding.
And what is he thinking? You ask? Ya know it's very rude to intrude on people's thoughts, but since you insist…
We shall see now!
`I wonder, what kind of magical animal she is... I know that this can't be her true form...? This Kagome, I must find out more about her.'
While he is thinking this, Kagome is dreaming, just as Lina felt the o too familiar feeling of a certain mazoku.
-Kagome's dream-
Kagome looked around at the nothingness of her dreamscape, jumping at the sound of dripping water near her.
`Water?' Kagome thought as she turned to the sound just as the sound of a soft wind touched her ears, ruffling her fur gently.
'Wind?' She thought as she stopped and squinted into the darkness.
She saw five golden rings in the same direction that the wind was blowing.
Just as she turned to look in the direction of the wind, a ring of fire appeared around her, effectively trapping the guardian.
“Nani?” she yipped, jumping slightly as the fire ate away at the darkness revealing a wall.
There was something chained to it, something that looked suspiciously like a human.
As the fire spread to the wall it revealed just what it held.
A tall female that she recognized instantly hung from it, looking as though she was not breathing.
“Iie, Terasu...” Kagome gasped as she looked at the shadowed face of the kitsune.
She didn't respond, didn't move so much an inch.
'What the hell-?'
“Terasu.” She said a bit louder as the fire disappeared, leaving her in the darkness once more.
There was a ringing, then a snapping sound just as something splattered on her fur, completely drenching her.
Kagome gave a quick sniff, and instantly recoiled, her eyes widening in shock as she identified the smell.
Blood, it was blood, Terasu's blood.
She then looked in the spot where she was before, and blinked rapidly, trying to fight off tears.
The shackles, wall, and Terasu had disappeared into the nothingness, leaving her alone again.
“Terasu? Terasu!” Kagome shouted, but to no avail, it reached deaf ears.
'What the hell is going on here?' Kagome thought frantically as the darkness suddenly went deathly cold.
A whistling sound was heard above her, and on instinct she dodged it.
It was lucky that she did too, because a large icicle landed where she was just standing a few seconds ago, cracking the ground in all it's intensity.
She didn't get time to think on that as another came crashing down, forcing her to dodge, keeping her mind occupied, also leading her to (conveniently) forget that this was only a dream.
One after the other they kept crashing down, each getting faster, and closer to their target.
After about twenty minutes or so of this, Kagome tripped on a stray piece of ice, making her skid on the unseen floor, falling flat on her stomach.
Just as she stopped sliding, she heard the now familiar whistling.
Looking up, she saw it, a huge icicle, larger than any of the others barreling down towards her. She couldn't move, she'd sprained her right front paw.
'Is this how it's going to end? No completed jewel? No more journey? No returning to my ningen form? No more family? Inu-Yasha? Zel-Zelgadis?' She thought as a tear escaped her blank eyes.
'Zelgadis.'
Suddenly, the icicle froze in midair, as a bright red light emitted from her forehead.
The next thing she saw were two large white wings unfolding before her very eyes.
And then the icicle continued on its path after the light died down.
'Iie, not this easily, not without seeing the end.'
Then she raised her front paws-not paws, hands above her head.
'Thine power which is Absolute, Flame of the Everlasting Life, I give myself to you! Those who oppose us shall perish in the Inferno that burns, Magnus Flamma!' a voice echoed in her mind. 'Say it.'
She froze for a moment, then did as she was told.
“Thine power which is Absolute, Flame of the Everlasting Life, I give myself to you! Those who oppose us shall perish in the Inferno that burns, Magnus Flamma!” Kagome shouted as she felt the power build up within her palms.
Fire, in the shape of a giant phoenix bird, shot out of her palms to meet the icicle head on.
Just as she realized this, it melted, letting a veil of mist fall down upon her.
“What the-“ Kagome whispered as she looked at the place that her hands should have been, but were consumed by the mist.
“So, it looks like I didn't need to help you after all.” A very familiar voice said as the world came into view.
She was in the same field as before, except the sky was midnight blue.
Kagome looked, and swiveled around, coming face to face with the smiling guardian.
She blinked for a few seconds, and then she jumped back, at least she tried to, only she succeeded in falling on her butt.
“Itai. What are you doing here? I thought you died! Er, died again I mean!” Kagome said sourly as she rubbed her sore behind as she glared at the cheerful guardian.
“Oh I'm afraid I cannot do that again! People can only die once you know.”
“Ok, then tell me what was that back there?” She asked, sweat-dropping, as she stood brushing off the gold-tipped royal blue kimono. “And why am I wearing this, and in this form?”
“It was a test, and the form you are in now, means you have passed it.”
“So does that mean that I can transform into my ningen form?” she asked as she looked at Terasu hopefully, bouncing slightly on the balls of her feet.
“Iie, only in your dream-state. And I can't tell you much right now, only that you're about to wake up, and that you like this… Zelgadis very much.” Terasu stated, winking, her silver speckled amber eyes glinting in the starlight.
“Oi matte!” Kagome said blushing a bit, and reaching out to her as Terasu snapped her fingers making herself and the dreamscape disappear, just as a light flashed.
-End Dream-
Kagome awoke in the strong arms of Zelgadis, she could tell by his scent of earth and spice, and the feeling of smooth stone.
'Terasu, I am going to hurt you the next time I see you.' The kitsune thought as she yawned.
She cracked an eye open as she felt a pair of eyes on her. Looking up, she saw glazed aquamarine eyes looking at her.
“Oi, earth to Zel-chan!” She said, staring into his face curiously.
She could tell that he was not paying attention too much as he had ignored her soft words.
Kagome was wondering just went on in his mind.
Zel's pov
I don't think I have seen a person so beautiful in my life.
Even though it's just a transparent figure, she is still there, I think.
Can't the other's see her?
The eyes, and ears were the same as Kagome's, but the body, it didn't fit.
A ningen body, took the place of the kitsune's.
Blue-amber eyes peered at me curiously from under silver-gray bangs. Long silver-gray hair was draped over my arm falling carelessly from a ponytail at the top of her head. She wore a sleeveless gold-tipped royal blue kimono that had a slit on each side. Nine tails lay immobile on the ground under her as I supported her in my arms. Large white wings were folded tightly at her sides, so as not to get in the way. Her skin was a soft tanish color, kind of like sand on a sunny day. And she was filled-in in all the right places, not an ounce of fat, as far as I could see.
Her face was a masterpiece, if I do say so myself.
Gold pearls lined the area around her eyes, making a sort of jeweled mask. She had high cheekbones, that were complimented by whisker-like markings. And her lips were pink and full and-
“Oi Zel! What are you doing, standing there like a rock? We gotta get going, hurry up!” Lina's voice seeped through my consciousness like a Digger Bolt.
I jumped a bit and grinned sheepishly.
“Hai Lina, no need to yell.” I said as I continued walking.
And this was true, as she was only about three feet ahead of me, it seems that she had doubled back.
I glanced at Kagome, and found the woman gone, instead was the kitsune in my arms, that rested her head on my forearm, looking ahead with wandering eyes.
I felt a familiar surge of magic, but I couldn't pinpoint just where he was.
He's really starting to bother me.
It seems that Lina sensed it also as she suddenly stopped, and called him out.
“Get out here Xellos, I know you're still here.”
Silence, and then-
“Ah, Lina, hello.”
The Trickster Priest materialized right next to me, making me jump a little, also I felt Kagome tense.
“Why are you still here?” Lina asked. I edged away just in case.
Eyes the color of violet opened for the briefest of instants as he glanced towards me.
“Ah no reason.” He answered with an air of carelessness that should not be shown by a mazoku.
I was starting to wonder was he right in the head.
I could see Lina's temper fraying as her eyes took on a strange light.
I edged away a bit more, just to be on the safe side.
“Xellos.” She growled angrily.
One violet eye opened and peered at her with growing amusement.
“Hai?” He answered.
Suddenly, in a flash, Lina had Xellos in a headlock.
“Itai Lina! Not so hard!” Xellos whined as her grip tightened.
“Lina-san he can't talk if you cut off Xellos-san's air supply.” Amelia said.
Indeed the mazoku was a bit blue.
Lina lessened her grip if only for a bit. “Alright, now talk fruitcake.”
Xellos smiled that ever so annoying smile, and said as he faded away.
“I cannot, because it of course is a secret.”
“I swear I'm going to kill him for that baka phrase all the time!” Lina yelled as she pulled on her fiery locks.
End pov
Meanwhile in the clearing that Kagome disappeared in
“She was here I swear it!” Inu-Yasha said as he stood in the same spot Kagome had the day before.
“Are you sure about this Inu-Yasha?” Shippo asked as he sniffed around a bit also, picking up the faint scent of sakura and cinnamon.
“Yea I'm sure you little runt!” Inu-Yasha growled as he tried his hardest not to strangle the wolf akurei behind him.
“Inu-kuro, do you know where my wohman is?” The one track-minded prince asked for the thousandth time.
“Don't call me that! You mangy wolf!”
“I'm not mangy, Inu-kuro! And the name suits you!” Kouga stated.
“NANI?! Nan des tay?!” Inu-Yasha shouted about to jump on him, but was halted by Miroku, who just so happened to trip him with his staff.
“Iie Inu-Yasha, no fighting until we find Kagome-sama.”
“Kuso, Miroku, I'll kill you!” Inu-Yasha yelled as he tried yet again to maim the houshi.
He almost succeeded, but for some reason he could not move.
“Oi! What the hell-?!”
“Gomen Inu-Yasha, but I had to do it, you were annoying me.” Shippo stated as he waved fox seals in his tiny hands.
“Wait till I get free kid, you're gonna wish that you were dead!” Inu-Yasha growled.
“How many death threats has that been now Houshi-sama?” Sango asked.
“Oh about ninety, and I might I say that you have such lovely curves, my dear Sango?” Miroku asked as he groped her, yet again.
“AH! SUKEBE!” Sango yelled as she slapped him across the face.
“Demo Sango, I was only brushing a bit of dirt off of you.” Miroku `explained' as he rubbed his sore cheek.
“Yea right, tell it to another unsuspecting woman.” Sango said as she closed her eyes, making sure Miroku was far away from her.
------------------------------