InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ A New Journry! After breakfast, Slayers Syle! ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^ _^

Chapter four: A New Journey, after breakfast, Slayers style!
 


If you were to enter Zelgadis' room at this hour, (which most likely, and sadly you wouldn't) when the sun had just risen, you would see our very loveable Shaman-Chimera asleep with a small bundle of gray nestled in the crook of his arm, in a deep slumber, breathing evenly.

And thus, being the evil being that it was, the sun had chosen this particular moment to shine directly on the two on the bed, making the gray bundle twitch slightly, and move into a tighter ball.

But, as the ball of fur moved, its face, as we can now tell is a kitsune's, was put in the direct path of the annoying sunlight, warming it, and something red in the middle of its forehead glinted in the sun, although neither of the pair seemed to notice.

And now that the kitsune is awake, lets see what will happen shall we?

Kagome had awoken, due to the fact that the very annoying (evil!) sun wanted to wake her up, but she did not feel like opening her eyes at this point in time, because we all know what would happen.

'I wanted to see the ending of that dream, but of course, something had to happen to ruin it.' She thought as she yawned, stretching her paws and moving into another position, not opening her eyes for fear of the light.

'I hate mornings like this, the sun could go to another position, but noooooo!'

Kagome stretched again and was now laying across Zelgadis' broad chest. This action caused the shaman to crack an eye open, and then close it quickly groaning as he had given an eyeful of sun.

Kagome's ear twitched slightly as she heard this, but brushed it off when she felt the soft caress of stony fingertips on her forehead. Her reaction was to open her blue-amber eyes.

Big mistake.

Kagome yipped loudly as she given the exact same treatment as Zelgadis, and dashed onto the other side of her bed partner, promptly curled into a fluffy ball next to him, her tail brushing against his side gently.

He chuckled softly as he watched her reaction to the sun light, eyes crinkling slightly.

'Oh you think that's funny? Just wait till later, Zel-chan- matte, Zel- chan?!' Kagome thought, as a faint blush rose on her cheeks. But thankfully, this was covered by her thick gray fur.

He then touched her forehead again. With a thoughtful look on his stony features.

"Why is there a gem on your head?"

The question came out of nowhere, at least to Kagome.

Her only answer was to blink slowly, just as a banging was heard on the door, and the boisterous voice of a certain red-headed blask-mage floated though, making them jump.

"Oi, Zel! Time to get up, we're about to have breakfast, and then leave for another town. AND GOURRY! YOU HAD BETTER HAVE NOT EATEN ALL THE DAMN FOOD!" Then there was the sound of footfalls as Lina raced downstairs towards the dining room.

'FOOD?! I am so hungry!' Kagome yipped as she bounded off the bed to scratch at the wooden door. Even going so far as to place her nose under the crack beneath the door.

"Well it seems as though someone's hungry." Zelgadis said, a hint of amusement as he stood up and stretched.

'Well it seems that you are correct. NOW HURRY UP, I'M HUNGRY!'

A chuckle was her only answer, as he reached for his tan shirt, and cape.

After a few seconds of him placing his shirt and cape on, Zelgadis grabbed his enchanted sword that he kept next to his bed at all times.

By the time he had finished placing his sword at his hip, and reached the door, Kagome had resorted to knawing at the door.

"Calm-" but that sentence was not finished as a small gray ball streaked by his ankles, and down the stairs.

Zelgadis shook his head, and headed down after the small, yet hungry chibi kitsune.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

When Zelgadis appeared downstairs, he had to blink a few times to make sure he wasn't dreaming.

As it turns out, he wasn't.

Lina's, Gourry's, and Kagome's jaws were all clamped around the same piece of meat.

"Leh goh, yah bakah rohdent! You tuh Gohrry!" Lina yelled, a bit muffled by the meat.

Kagome only growled loudly and yanked it harder, her claws digging into the wood of the mahogany table

"Why don' yah both leh goh?" Gourry said as he also yanked it harder, using his hands as leverage on the edge of the table.

VERY big mistake.

"FIYAHBALL!!!" Lina yelled, still not taking her mouth off the meat.

A crisp swordsman was left on the ground as the battle for the food continued.

Zelgadis took a seat next to Amelia, and ordered his normal cup of coffee, Hellbent on keeping his stoic appearence.

"Zelgadis-san, since you've kept her this long, are you going to keep her as a pet?" The youngest crown princess asked as she averted her gaze elsewhere as her cheeks grew rosey.

Zelgadis seemed not to notice this as he watched the battle continue.

"Maybe I will Amelia… maybe I will." He answered as he took a sip of his coffee that was just brought to him.

Lina just noticed the gem on Kagome's forehead as she stopped glaring a her, letting go of the meat, resulting in Kagome rolling backwards across the table, and into Zelgadis' lap.

All this happened while she still had the meat in her mouth, ironic, ne?

Aquamarines looked down into dazed, yet happy blue-amber eyes.

"Oi, Zel where did 'it' get that gem?" Lina asked as she started stuffing more food into her mouth, and glaring at the furball on the shaman's lap. A bit disappointed that she was unable to keep that bit of meat.

Kagome who was just starting to eat her newly acquired meat, meet the ruby red gaze of the fiery Inverse, yipping:

"Hey! I'm not an 'it'! My name is Kagome! Ka-go-me! OSUWARI!"

*Meanwhile, with a certain Inu-hanyou.*

Miroku, Sango, Shippo, Kirara, and now Kouga stared at the crater that Inu- Yasha was currently six-feet deep in, while giving said crater a nice dose of Inu-Yasha speech.

"Wow that's some vocabulary." Miroku said as he shook his head.

"Where's my whoman? Only she has the power to do that." Kouga stated, looking at Sango.

"Ano, we don't know." Sango answered as she whacked Miroku about the head, yet again for touching her ass.

"You don't know?!" Kouga all but yelled.

"You don't have to yell, you mangy wolf." Inu-Yasha said as he crawled out of the crater "We can hear you're annoying voice just fine, thanks."

"Urusai, Inu-kuro!" the dark-haired wolf prince yelled, finding just how nice the sound of his voice was.

"Don't call me that you bastard!" Inu-Yasha shouted, also finding out how wonderful his voice was.

"Do they always have to yell, Sango-chan?" Shippo asked while he covered his sensitive ears.

"Maybe it's because they both love Kagome-chan?" she told him as she knocked Miroku out, for the second time that day.

"I do not! She's only my shard detector!" Inu-Yasha yelled yet again, blushing a nice shade of magenta.

"Just wait till I tell Kagome-chan just how you feel about her." Shippo teased.

"Now hang on a sec-"

"Hey, don't ignore the prince of the wolf-youkai tribe!"

"Urusai BAKA!"

"NO! AND I AM NOT A BAKA! BAKA!"

"I'M NO BAKA, YOU BAKA!"

Yes this same train of speech went on for a while now, so we'll just go back to the tavern.

*In the dining room*

Kagome was sitting comfortably on Zelgadis' lap, cleaning herself slowly with her tongue.

Lina sat docile in her chair now that she had had her fill of the food.

Gourry, was asleep in his chair snoring loudly.

Amelia was sipping at her cup of tea as she watched the waiters scurry around the table, picking up the glasses and plates, which in some cases were broken.

This took a while.

Zelgadis sat there pondering about the jewel when suddenly Lina shouted:

"THIS MUCH FOR THIS LITTLE BIT OF FOOD?! THAT'S ROBBERY!"

Mind you that was more than fifty plates that were either, dirtied, broken, or in some cases missing.

"But ano miss, this wasn't a bit-" the poor waiter said before he felt Lina's wrath, in the way of a fireball.

"Come on guys lets go." Lina said as she skipped paying the bill, yet AGAIN.

Lina then kicked Gourry back awake, and stalked out, leaving disaster in her wake.

Zegadis followed suit with a sleeping Kagome nestled in his arms, as well as Amelia quickly following to catch up to the sorcery genius.

"Lina-san! That wasn't very nice!" Amelia whined as they walked to the city boundries.

"Would you rather it have been you, or not."

"Ano."

"Exactly."

Zelgadis absentmindedly stroked Kagome's thick gray fur as he groaned, feeling the presence of the fruitcake around.

'Not now, not this early in the damn morning.'

Xellos popped up in front of Lina scaring her half to death.

"Ohayo Lina-san!" the trickster priest said in his annoying sing-song voice.

"XELLOS!" Lina yelled as she regained her posture by standing up.

"Hmm?"

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU HERE?"

"Ano, you know why."

"Actually no I don't."

"Well then I'll tell you."

"Finnaly a straight answer from you."

"Sore wa himitsu desu!" Zellos said wagging an annoying finger in her face.

"FIREBALL!"

Lina stalked away, leaving a crisp mazoku in her path, after stepping on him of course.

Never piss off an Inverse so early in the morning. And also know this: that you can never get a straight answer from General Priest Beast Master Xellos Metallium.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
 
Hee, yay! I updated again! Whee! I hope you all enjoyed it! And if you would, please review?