InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Curse of Terasu: The Choosing (rewritten) ❯ A Dream interrupted and an unwanted Visitor ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Chapter 3: A Dream interrupted, and an unwanted guest

Kagome snuggled into the warmth that was Zelgadis, and whined a bit in her sleep as her dream continued.

Unknown to her and the sleeping shaman, a certain purple-eyed person stood outside the window, watching their slumber.

@_@Kagome's Dream @_@

The gray and white-pawed kitsune stood looking around nervously at her dreamscape, dual color irises glancing about almost frantically.

She was in a large grassy field with flowers, a few boulders, and a spring.

But she sensed that there was another being there in the field with her, so she turned around and practically yelped in surprise as a small white kitsune stared back at her, amber eyes glinting in amusement. It was slightly larger than she and it had small white wings on its back.

"HEY! You could have at least warned me first, Terasu!" the now peeved kitsune barked.

"Well you sensed me, so there was no need for a warning." She replied cheerfully as the jewel on her forhead glinted in the sunlight.

"Since you are here Terasu, do you mind telling me why the hell did you pick me to be a kitsune? I mean there were many other people to pick weren't there?" Kagome growled, her blue-amber eyes flashing in anger, tails moving about in fury

"No I don't mind, but may I change into a more comfortable form first?" Terasu asked as she waved her tails around, head tilted in question.

"It depends on what" the younger kitsune replied, albeit a bit uneasily.

"Watch and see." The former guardian said closing her eyes.

"Ano." was her brilliant retort to this as a thick cloud of mist shrouded Terasu.

Then a bright flash erupted from the mist, forcing Kagome to close her now extra-sensitive eyes.

The light died down after a few minutes, and only after feeling slender hands pick her up, did she open her eyes as she also let out a frightened yelp.

"What the hell do you think-?" she stopped as she noticed the familiar amber eyes that were framed in a face that belonged to a bijin.

"Well what do you think? This is my semi-ningen form." Terasu said as she placed Kagome at arm's length.

Kagome's small mouth dropped open in surprise as she took in her features.

Terasu had long, pure white hair that reached her calves. Her beautiful amber eyes were now flecked with silver. Her skin looked as soft as velvet, and as light as snow kissed by the morning sun as it came over the horizon. She also wore a white kimono with gold trimming the edges of the bottom, collar, sides, and sleeves. But what gave away that she was not a ningen were the long white kitsune ears on top of her head. And the nine white kitsune tails behind her. She also had silver pearls embedded in the skin around her eyes, looking as though she wore a jewel-encrusted mask. The red jewel was still in the middle of her forehead, surrounded by the same pearls. And she also had a pearl on each cheekbone.

"So? Do you like it?" Terasu asked the dazed chibi kitsune.

Kagome's large eyes just stared at her, as she finally closed her mouth with a sort `click'.

"Hello? Anyone there?" Terasu asked snapping two clawed fingers in her face.

"What? Oh." Kagome muttered as she finally came back to the reality that she was currently in.

"Good, at least you didn't go into shock." Terasu sniggered as Kagome glared at the white-haired bijin.

"Hey, are you going to tell me or what?" She asked as she turned her head indignantly.

"Are you sure you want to know?" Terasu asked as she put her forehead on Kagome's, after she gently turned the stubborn guardian's head back to face her.

"Well IYUU! That's why I asked you in the first place!" Kagome growled as she felt something warm start to manifest on her forehead.

"Ok, no need to be testy, it's about an hour before dawn so we have plenty of time." Terasu said, rubbing Kagome's back.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" She asked as she melted into her touch. How she hated the fact that she caved in so easily to petting sessions…

"Hai. It's because of your pure heart." She replied as she place a hand on The chibi kitsune's small chest.

Kagome just blinked as her hand began to glow a gold color.

"Let me show you, Kagome." Terasu said, an unreadable smile on her face as she awaited the small kitsune's reply.

She nodded, and then gasped as Terasu pulled out a-

Kagome awoke with a start, as she felt something jab into her side as she realized that she was on someone's strong chest.

She looked down to see Zelgadis staring at something she hadn't noticed.
 
Kagome looked over and saw a man with purple hair and a large smile on his face.

"Fruitcake, what are you doing here?" he growled, very much like a dog.

"Oh, sore wa himitsu desu!" He answered, his eyes closed as he waggled a finger annoyingly, just as Kagome opened her mouth to bark at him.

Zelgadis and Kagome sweat-dropped as he looked towards Kagome.

The trickster Priest known as Xellos smirked and then disappeared with a slight whooshing sound.

Zelgadis blinked slowly and then moved to go back to sleep, stroking Kagome's fur as though nothing had happened.

Kagome stared at the spot that Xellos had just been, until Zelgadis started to hug her closer to his chest.

The kitsune looked at his closed lids and sighed placing her head back onto his stone chest, before falling into a dreamless slumber.

Xellos still watched from outside the window, grinning like an idiot.

^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^
 
Aheh… I know its been a while but… yea… (ducks random shoe and vegetables) I'm sorry! (runs off to write the next chapter)