InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Past of a Demon Warrior ❯ Leaving.. or are they? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“East. We're heading east,” says Sashi. “That's our only direction for now. We've got enough food for a couple of weeks, so we should be able to last until we run into a village.”
 
Higen nods. “Alright… and we're looking for a hill shaped like a skull?”
 
Feyri hits him over the back of the head. “That's right. Don't you listen?” She looks over her shoulder. “Is he alright? He's been over there by himself for a while now.”
 
Sashi nods. “He's alright. This is the second time he's left his home. I'm sure he misses things here…” She sighs and starts walking toward Kumouri. “On that note.. I'll be back in a minute.”
 
“Alright…” Feyri glances at Higen, turning a little pink, for only just a moment, then turns to watch Sashi walk off. “Don't you wish you had a connection with someone like they have for each other…?”
 
Higen nods slowly. “Although… we've been together… for six years now, you know.” He pauses for a bit.
 
Feyri nods and smiles a little. “We make a pretty good team when it comes to it, the four of us…”
 
Higen shakes his head quickly. “No… I meant…” He pauses again. “I trust you.. with my life…” He turns pink.
 
Feyri gasps slightly, blushing brightly. “.. I…” She catches herself before making a fool of herself. “I trust you with my heart.” She turns to face him.
 
Higen looks up at her for a moment, locking eyes, before starting to lean closer to her. Feyri closes her eyes and leans a little closer…
 
“Hey guys, we're leaving.” Kumouri looks at them with a raised eyebrow. “Or… do you need time alone?”
 
Sashi gasps and chuckles a little bit (giving a little “I knew it!” look), as Feyri and Higen move quickly apart, turning bright shades of red.
 
“A-alright.. let's go on, then.” Feyri walks off, heading for the east end of the forest without looking at Sashi or Kumouri as she passes. After a moment, Higen walks silently after her.
 
Kumouri and Sashi smile at each other. Sashi says, “I feel bad for interrupting them…” She steps up on her tiptoes to kiss Kumouri gently. “After all.. they never teased us.”
 
“Yeah… we shouldn't let them wander, though. They'll get lost in these woods without us.” Kumouri smiles and walks after the others, with Sashi close behind.