InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Past of a Demon Warrior ❯ Fighting and Relaxation... Working for Your Rest ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Blood flies through the air, following the same general path as Kumouri's claws as they tear through a rather large ogre's shoulder, dismembering the arm. “Bastards… Why won't they just let us pass for once?”
 
Sashi slays a different ogre with Kumouri's sword. “It's like they have a vendetta for humans… which would, I suppose, include half-humans.” She squeals a little as Kumouri's foe's head rolls by her foot then shakes her head to regain composure, diving straight back into battle.
 
“We get the worst of them, too. Not one of these guys knows how to fight!” Higen lands a hard kick to an ogre's head, throwing an attack of his claws downward as he falls toward the ground, gouging a large amount of gore and organs from his enemy's chest.
 
Feyri stands in the boughs of a tree, firing arrows at some of the ogres. “And they're too stupid to follow the arrow fire to its source. This is too easy.”
 
After a long, bloody ogre massacre, the Feyri jumps down from the tree, keeping an arrow at the ready for safety as she retrieves some of her arrows from ogres' corpses. The four regroup, Kumouri at the front, and start to run forward.
 
“It's… really quiet.” Sashi looks around uneasily. “Can't be good.”
 
“I don't think any more should be coming. They'll think the numbers will have conquered us…” Higen shakes his head, but stays close to the others at the back of the group anyway.
 
Kumouri abruptly stops, an action that the others immediately follow. Kumouri motions for them to wait as he leaps forward through the trees, moving almost silently. Feyri's ready arrow moves quickly to her bow, and she aims into the trees where Kumouri went.
 
After just a few moments, the clash of metal can be heard, and Feyri's arrow flies into the trees. A crashing noise sounds soon after, and Kumouri calls for them to follow, and they quickly catch up to him, standing beside the corpse of a nearly twenty-foot tall ogre. “Nice shot, Fey. Got him right in the throat.” He smiles slightly. “Now we're safe, I'm sure of it. This was their ace-in-the-hole for this attack.”
 
Everyone else sighs in relief. Sashi sighs. “Let's get going again, alright?” A simultaneous nod spreads through the others, and she walks ahead into the trees… and a splash sounds.
 
The others rush through to see… and all meet the same fate - face-down in a hot spring. Feyri smiles. “… Actually.. can we take that rest you promised, Genjy?”
 
Kumouri sighs. “You mean the kind where Higen and I go set up camp while you two relax?”
 
Sashi winks. “Right.”