InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Past of a Demon Warrior ❯ Two Pairs of Lovers... Makes for a Romantic Fire ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sashi and Feyri sit in the hot spring, relaxing in the sunset-lit sky. Feyri sighs a little bit. “So… you guys know now… that I'm in love with Higen?”
 
Sashi nods. “Yeah. I get the impression Kumouri's known for a while… he knows us all better than we think.”
 
Fey nods. “I don't know… if he really loves me back… I didn't get to kiss him, to feel his passion…”
 
“That's… our fault. Sorry about that. We didn't mean anything by it.”
 
“I know… it just would have been nice...” She sinks farther into the water. “Mmm..”
 
 
Elsewhere….
 
“We're done.” Kumouri stands up straight after laying down the last bits of chopped wood.
 
Higen stands up also, stepping away from a freshly started campfire. “Indeed…”
 
“Sorry about… interrupting you two, back outside the village.”
 
“Don't… worry about it. It just.. would have been nice.”
 
“You two have been in love since before the desert…”
 
“Will you… stop it with your natural understanding and all? It creeps me out how much you know about us sometimes…”
 
“Heheh… I know, that's why I do it.”
 
“Well… you think she… loves me, then?”
 
“She does… If you don't trust me, just kiss her. You'll feel all the answers through her lips.”
 
Higen looks into the fire. “Alright.”
 
Later that night…
 
The four of them sit around the fire, eating some salted meat from their rations… quietly. They look around at each other, trading momentary smiles - mostly between Sashi and Kumouri or Higen and Feyri.
 
Kumouri stands up after a while. “I think I'll go… sit in the hot spring.”
 
Sashi looks up. “Mind.. if I join you?”
 
Kumouri shakes his head. “If you want, come on.” They walk away from the fire together, smiling at each other. (Kumouri chances a wink at Higen.)
 
A silence sits between Feyri and Higen for a while, before Higen looks away from the fire and at her. “We're… alone.”
 
Feyri smiles. “Indeed we are.” She moves around the fire to sit beside him. He puts an arm around her and pulls her close, which makes her turn abruptly red. “Do you… love me, Higen?”
 
Higen looks at her for a moment, then leans into her and kisses her, a kiss that seems to last for hours…(but to who?)
 
Eventually, Higen pulls back. “Yes… I love you, Feyri.” He smiles and leans over to kiss her again…
 
but Sashi falls through a nearby bush with a yelp-like scream, pulling Kumouri through with her. She is a brilliant shade a red when she looks up at Higen and Feyri, but she loses the color when they proceed to kiss anyway. She and Kumouri lift themselves back up. “Well then… still want to go to the hot spring with me, Genjy?” She winks at him, and, as he nods with a smirk toward the other two lovers, they walk back in the direction of the spring…