InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Four ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Hai, I remember,” Sesshomaru murmured. “That first week you were back, he kept coming into my room at night, looking pale and exhausted. And Tatsu, in some way, was informing Inuyasha that was truly sorry for the boy's abuse and that he had passed on. And it was Ryu who told us that Inuyasha had been not been dreaming.”
 
“And that he had the gift,” InuTaisho smiled. “I still won't forget how long it took for everyone to see that he wasn't as spoiled and pampered as they thought he was.”
 
The scent of humans approaching caught their attention. Fear surged through him as he also detected the aura of the Shikon no Tama.
 
“NatsuMaru, get him out of here NOW!”
 
“Right away, Lord!”
 
The youkai guard quickly climbed onto the dragonet's back, shielding Inuyasha in his arms. InuTaisho immediately shook his head and shoved his fear aside. He would not lose his child to anyone or anything. And he'd face down the ones who had just harmed his son.
 
`Time to find out just how much Izayoi knows about Inuyasha's status,' he thought grimly, a hand upon his sword hilt . . .