InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Seven ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“InuTaisho . . .”
 
“Izayoi,” the former daiyoukai nodded in acknowledgment. The woman hadn't aged over the last fifty some years. Her new youkai mate had seen to that.
 
“Where's Inuyasha?” she inquired airily, the demon exterminators flanking her. A monk and a strange girl also were behind her but InuTaisho wasn't worried. They'd be leaving soon.
 
“He's safe,” he replied coolly. “And unharmed.”
 
“Unharmed?” Izayoi blinked, confusion passing over her face. She quickly recovered. “I see. That's . . . good, I suppose.”
 
“Yes,” InuTaisho smirked. “Good for me . . . good for these lands . . .”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?” the strange girl demanded, putting herself in the conversation. InuTaisho raised an eyebrow at her then took a step back. Sesshomaru and the rest of his guards followed suit.
 
“Just what it means, strange little miko. Just what it means.”
 
Having said that, they took a few more steps before disappearing into the foliage of the forest.
 
* * *
 
“Here you go, my Lord,” NatsuMaru murmured, presenting him with some fresh linens. Behind him was another servant with some armor. Inuyasha gazed at the linens before giving a weary nod.
 
“So it's come down to this. I'm sorry, Mother. You give me no choice. I have to do this. For the sake of these lands . . . and my family.”
 
Inuyasha slowly rose to his feet, taking the linens from the youkai guard. He knew what he had to do. He just hated himself for it.