InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Side of the Sun ❯ Intermission Eight ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Izayoi glared as InuTaisho, Sesshomaru, and the guards that had been with them disappeared into the forest. They were still there. She felt their presences, as she had no doubts that the slayers, the strange miko, and the monk felt them as well. They were being watched, to see if they'd follow the daiyoukai.
 
`He foiled my plans once again,' she fumed, doing her best to keep her anger under control. `How does he manage to do so? Why can't I kill that boy and be rid of him?'
 
She knew that InuTaisho was protective of Inuyasha. The daiyoukai always had been, just as he'd been protective of the rest of his inuyoukai family.
 
`But he can't protect Inuyasha forever. I just know that he can't.'
 
“What are we going to do now, my Lady?” the monk, by the name of Miroku, inquired.
 
“We're going to follow them,” she stated coolly. “Find out what it is that they're hiding. And the hanyou needs to die. No matter what.”
 
* * *
 
Inuyasha sighed softly as NatsuMaru tied the leather straps to his wrist guards.
 
By trying to assassinate him, his mother had effectively declared war on the Western Lands. As the Lord of the Western Lands, he couldn't let it slide. Not for anyone, including his mother.
 
“You won't have to kill her, my Lord.”
 
“I know. You said you'd do that for me,” Inuyasha murmured. “And how many times do I have to tell you? Don't call me Lord.”
 
“The situation calls for it,” NatsuMaru gently chided. “You know this, Inuyasha.”
 
“But I'm more to you than just your Lord, right?” he pressed. “After everything we've gone through . . .”
 
Amber eyes met his golden, a plethora of emotion in them.
 
“You will always be more to me than just my liege, Inuyasha. Always and forever.”
 
* * *
 
Kagome fought back a sigh as she was presented with the red and white garb of a shrine priestess. She'd already been informed that she'd be learning how to shoot a bow and arrow. They were going to need her purification powers, according to Izayoi.
 
“It's the only way we're going to defeat InuTaisho and his minions,” Izayoi had stated.
 
“And all I really want to do is go home,” Kagome murmured sadly. How she had ended up in the feudal era still astounded her.
 
“Pulled into the old well by a demon. How lucky for me.”
 
* * *
 
“They're following us.”
 
InuTaisho nodded at his oldest son's assessment. He knew that they would follow. Izayoi couldn't allow Inuyasha to live. Not only did she view him as a shame to her family line and a filthy half-breed, the boy still held her ancestral home in his hand. Her father, Tatsu, had seen to it.
 
“Inuyasha will be ready by then,” InuTaisho said, his tone grim.
 
“Everything was planned by him?”
 
“Hai. They were.”
 
“How . . .”
 
“You're better off not knowing, Sesshomaru. You're better off not knowing.”