InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ Game Over... ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
Anika: Hmmm...Game Over? Wonder what will happen. Enjoy!....why am I here alone anyways?
 
The Darkness Within Our Hearts - Chapter 06: Game Over.
 
Standing over the hilltop stood a girl with long black hair and wore red priestess clothes. Bow and arrow in her hands.
 
"K-Kikyo..."Inuyasha whispered.
 
Kagome blinked. "It's Kikyo!"
 
Kikyo. The priestess who protected the Jewel. She lost her life 50 years earlier in a plot by Naraku, but was resurrected by the ogress Urasue. When she was a priestess, she didn't have much freedom, but the revived Kikyo acts more freely to fulfill her desires. She is a master archer. And I am Kikyo's reincarnation.
 
Kikyo glared. "If you intend to hurt Inuyasha....then I will fire my arrows through your wreched heart!!"
 
Anika just stood there and gave a weird look. "Geez....talk about the 'rip your heart out and step on it' speech..."
 
"Hmmm...Kikyo...I think I've heard of her..." Rei thought.
 
"Rei? What now?" Anika asked.
 
Rei turned to the girl named Kikyo. "I wonder what would happen if I...." She swung her sword making white cresents fly at the dead priestess."...did this..." Rei finished.
 
Inuyasha jump and lifted Kikyo off the ground and jumped out of Yozansen's attack.
 
Kikyo opened her eyes. "I-Inuyasha...."
 
"Kikyo...." Inuyasha said back.
 
Anika sweatdropped. "What's up with all that mushy stuff?"
 
Rei smirked. "So that IS the miko that died 50 years ago...and the Hanyou is still in love with her...this just might give us the edge! Well...I mean...a better advantage!" The raven haired samurai turned to Anika. Anika nodded, understanding what Rei wants her to do.
 
Anika smiled. "This time we'll definitly take your life!!" The red youkai ran forward, towards Inuyasha and Kikyo. Her hand began began to glow a red aura and she seemed to be making a ball of fire?! "Spirit of fire come to my aid...ha!!" Anika shot a ball of fire at Inuyasha, but he also dodged that too.
 
"He dodged again!!" Anika growled. Getting very frustrated.
 
Inuyasha landed with Kikyo in his arms. "Are you ok?"
 
Kikyo nodded. "Y-yes...but-" Anika ran by and tried to hit Kikyo with her claws. Inuyasha jumped away again.
 
"Shit! Their gonna try and take Kikyo's life!" Inuyasha thought. The hanyou thought quickly and did another Kaze no Kizu, making a large explosion. Anika lost Inuyasha in all the smoke and dust. Inuyasha took Kikyo and hid behind a large rock, listening to Rei and Anika talking. And they were awfully close.
 
Rei looked around for Inuyasha. "Damn it! How could he of given us the slip!?"
 
"Argh...this makes us look bad. When we say we're gonna do something, we should just do it!" Anika said in a some-what angry tone and continued to examine her surroundings.
 
"Your really stuck on that, aren't you?" Rei asked.
 
"So? I just want us to do, what we say we're gonna do..."
 
"Your getting harder and harder do deal with, you know that?" Rei sighed. "Let's take some hot shots..."
 
Anika rasied her hand into the air and a ball of fire formed in her hands again. She was gonna blow up the area to dish out Inuyasha. "Cool..."
 
Inuyasha hugged Kikyo tightly and shut his eyes tight. Anika unleased her attack, and area was engulfed in flames...so after the flames burned out, leaveing a burnt waste land.
 
"Did we get him?" Anika asked.
 
"I dunno...did you hear any yells or something?" Rei asked back.
 
"He's tough...he probably wouldn't yell anyways..." Anika sat down on a large rock. "Hm?"
 
Inuyasha threw off a large peice of burnt wood off of himself. "Kagome?! Are you ok?!" Inuyasha yelled. Kagome came out behind the rock she had hidden behind and nodded, stating that she was safe. Inuyasha looked down at the girl in his arms. She was unconsous.
 
Inuyasha began to shake her lightly. "Kikyo? Kikyo?! Wake up!"
 
Rei approched Inuyasha. "Look the little doggy is whimpering..."
 
"Ah....if you forgot...I'M a dog demon as well..." Anika point to her dog ears on her head.
 
Rei sweatdropped. "Oh yeah..."
 
Inuyasha got to his feet and growled. "How dare you try and hurt Kikyo!!!"
 
Anika shot another ball of fire of Inuyasha. "Shut up..."
 
As the ball of fire advanced towards Inuyasha. He began to think. "That ball of fire...is made of youkai energy...that means I can unlease my Bakuryuuha!!" Inuyasha pick up his Tetsusaiga and whirl wind began to form around him.
 
Rei raised an eye-brow. "What the hell is he planning now?!"
 
"Your Kaze no Kizu won't work! I've already seen it too many times!" Anika laughed, unaware of what might happen.
 
"BAKURYUUHA!!!!" Inuyasha unleased a destructive attack made of whirl winds also combined with the Kaze no Kizu.
 
Anika's eye's widened. "What the?! What the heck is that?!"
 
oo.
 
Sango rode on Kirara with Miroku behind her. "Houshi-sama! Do you see that?!"
 
Miroku nodded. "That's Inuyasha's Bakuryuuha..."
 
"Come on! Let's get going!" Shippo shouted. Kirara incresed her flying speed, to go and see Inuyasha.
 
oo.
 
Inuyasha smirked and all the smoke cleared after Bakuryuuha's attack. Kagome came running to Inuyasha.
 
"Inuyasha....you....killed them both...." Kagome said slowly with sadness in her voice.
 
"Why are you so sad?!" Inuyasha barked. "They tried to kill you, me and Kik-" Speaking Kikyo...where is she? Inuyasha looked at where he had last left her but only to see that she was not there. She must of escaped awhile ago.
 
Kagome ignored him, and looked at the remaining scenery. I saw five glowing lights. The shikon shards!! Kagome ran to the glowing light sand found the shards on the ground.
"So they really are dead...." Kagome thought and picked up the shards and went back to Inuyasha. "I found their shards..."
 
"Kagome-chan! Inuyasha!!" A voice called to them from above. It was Sango, Mirko and Shippo all riding on Kirara. They set foot on land.
 
"Keh! About time you guys made it here! You missed the fight..." Inuyasha said.
 
"And where's the samurai girl?" Miroku asked. "She must of been beautiful!"
 
"She's dead!" Inuyasha stated. "I killed her and that Anika with my attack.. AND we now have their shards!" Inuyasha laughed.
 
"Inuyasha..." Kagome whispered. "Oswari!!"
 
Inuyasha fell face first into the ground. "K-Kagome!! W-what was that for?!" Kagome didn't know what to say exactly...but she knew that deep down...Rei and Anika were good people. Now they were dead.
 
oo.
 
Jakotsu looked up and saw whirl winds. "Oo-aniki...what the hell is that?"
 
Bankotsu shurgged.
 
oo.
 
Inuyasha: Haha! I killed!
 
Anika: Wahhh!! I'm dead!
 
Kikyou: I didn't have a big roll in this.
 
Inuyasha: K-K-Kikyou! Where's you come from?!
 
Kikyou: -Not there-
 
Inuyasha and Anika: Uhhh...ok then.
 
Kagome: I liked that chapter.
 
Sango: Me too. But was with the sadness after that, Kagome?
 
Kagome: I don't know...
 
Bankotsu: When will you see more of ME?! I was at the very end! And I only shrugged for my roll in this chapter!
 
Jakotsu: I had a line...
 
Rei: Please R&R.