InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ In My Dreams. Part 2 ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

--------------------------------------------------------------- -

In My Dreams. Part 2

--------------------------------------------------------------- -

Right through the seventh sky, I heard a scream.

"Bankotsu?" I whirled around, staring at where the mansions rubble was.

I could hear yelling, screaming and loud noises of some sort. Skip a heartbeat, one second I was standing still, listening, a split second after, I found myself breathing heavily standing in front of the mansion. How did I get here this fast? That was really puzzling.

"HELP!" the boy's voice cried urgently.

Jerking up, I scanned the area, and I heard his voice coming from within the hole from earlier, so I walked closer, my hand on the wall again, and I focused, the sound of a fight was becoming louder with every step I toke.

Right out of nowhere, a pair of bloody red eyes flashed, quickly charging towards me.

With a leap back, it turned out to be a wolf. Hmph...rather...youkai wolf zombie... The thing had it's sides ripped open reaveling gashes in it's body, it's organs pumping and the eyes were pupil-less. With burning rage, I couldn't help the throbbing pain in my chest, the way my brain ordered, demanded and threatened, `Kill it or get killed!' it echoed.

It jumped at me, Hah! Stupid dog! With a single swipe of my trusty katana, it went split in a split-second, nothing now but a dead dog, or a dog with a body that could not be used. But then again, before I enjoy this little victory, I felt the stinging feeling of being watched. Slowly turning to look at the hole again, dozens and dozens zombie wolves were angrily, and hungrily, snarling their way towards me. Their dark grey and silver coats shining under the moons shining ray, and their eyes were bloody red, their fangs so flashing white.

"Not good…" I whispered, "Not good at all…"

They all charged at once, and I managed to dance-like my way out of the way, hitting a few with the blunt side of my sword, bashing some faces with my blade, slicing and dicing a few others along with way, I even using my swords special technique and Yozansen attacked, but they kept on coming, as if… there were infinitely numbered, some have managed to gnash on my leg, scar my back and rip parts of my kimono, or what's left of it

I have a sinking feeling that I can't get through this alone…

With a quick glance, I saw the kid again, panting, blood from his bottom lip, his eyes with tears and a hurt face, his clothes shredded and his arms and legs are wounded. With burning rage, more powerful than before, I gritted my teeth, no matter how annoying the kid is, annoying or not, I'm not gonna like a bunch of youkai zombies hurt him! Or anyone else for that matter… but how can I get them if they keep moving around me like so.

"BANRYUU!" the kid then shouted.

"Whoa!" I crouched, my sword pinned to the ground, fixing my feet to the dirt, fixing myself from the sudden gust of wind that blew against me.

I squinted my eyes, and all I saw was a huge white-blurred in red thing swoosh atop of me, a second after, something exploded, only for a heavy weight to thud on my back. Groaning in pain and annoyance, I rolled to my side, and the kid fell with a huge halberd in his hands. He blinked a few times, and then looked at me, his midnight blue eyes went glassy and he started sniffling.

He dropped the halberd and sobbed softly, clearly, trying his best to stop.

I sat up, dusted my clothes and then looked down at him. This little kid just saved my ass. I'm touched! "Sigh…"

"Uh… I… I…" he choked on his sobs, his eyes peering up at me, pleading, "Please… don't leave me."

Why am I being so emotional right about now, I have no idea, but he got me startled, "You're a boy! Boys don't cry." I said, with a single finger, I carefully flicked away a teardrop.

"But… I'm scared." His lips trembled, and a slight sign of blood came, a single droplet escaped his hair to cross his temple.

I stared at the red drop, and then tried to whip it away, but I only ended up smudging it.

That hurt me more than it seemed to hurt him…

I released a breath I never knew I held, and a slight burden perched over my shoulders, Bankotsu or not, I can't just leave him here, what of other zombies came here? He's just a kid, right? He might only be an Bankotsu-look alike, but there is no way in hell would there be two Bankotsu's… could there?

I was pulled out of thought when he threw himself in my lap, his head snuggled into my abdomens, his tiny hands clutched into my kimono, his halberd right beside me. With a sigh, I simply found myself patting his head. Why the hell am I mothering him? And why the hell am I even still here?

"Please -choke- I don't -sniffle- want to be -sob- alone." He pleaded, his hands holding tighter to my kimono, I could feel his tears soaking my kimono, eventually, the wetness reached contact with my thighs.

"Listen, kid, think of this as nothing but a bad dream!" I said coldly, I'm in no mood to soften up to a kid.

But then, the giggling came up again…

"Look…" I looked down at him, "There seems to be some other kid here, why don't you go and attach yourself to whoever it turns out?" I suggested.

"B…but… there is no one here… but me." He told once more.

"Did you ever look around?" I frowned.

"I live here!" he reasoned, "I'm the only one here…" he then swallowed. "Please don't go! The wolves would come back if you do!"

"Use your Banryuu!" I reasoned.

"My what?" he gawked.

"The halberd." I rolled my eye, "You just used that with the wolves, so use it again." I explained.

"But… I don't know how…" he shrugged, "I was scared, and that was the first time I ever did that!" he said, admitting.

"Listen kid!" I snarled, getting up, ignoring him when he slid out of my lap, "I don't have time for this, and even if I did, I don't want to get stuck with you, so take care of your own problems, alright?"

Then the giggling came up again…

"That's it!" I stomped towards the hole, "I'm gonna find that little brat and give him -or her- a piece of my mind!"

Little Bankotsu picked himself up, grabbed his halberd and then huddled after me dragging the weapon behind him, and just like the little baby he was, his tiny hands clutched to my kimono.

Annoyed, I tried to tug it out, but he glued himself to it, "Great…" I slurred.

Ignoring that, I walked into the darkness, feeling the floor where I'm supposed to put my foot before every step. Bankotsu's eyes went wide, helplessly trying to see through the darkness, but I focused on the room. So far, nothing, and I'm getting closer to the light, and the giggling is starting to fade. When I came up close enough, I could see a small shapeless shadow huddle away and the giggling began to vanish.

"I've never been here before." Bankotsu whispered.

"Oh?" I arched a brow. In that case, this should be fun.

With that thought, I simply stepped into the light…

"… wow…" I breathed, this place looks bigger and brighter than any mansion I have ever seen! I mean I've been to many mansions and seen them inside and out, but nothing like this! I think it's a traditional Japanese furniture, but with a touch of something else, something… legendary.

I glanced aside, Bankotsu still stuck to my side. "How about you let go of me now?" I frowned down at him and tugged my kimono out of his grasp.

With a muffled whimper, he gave me the puppy-eyes again.

"Quit it with that look, would you?" I hissed, "I don't care how cute you look, it's not working!" Geesh… I can't believe I just said that!

"But… I just…" he began, but didn't finish, hugging the halberd that now reappeared in his tiny hands.

How they heck is he carrying this thing?! It's huge!!

I ignored and advanced into the room.

The giggling came back…

"Okay kid! Whoever you are, you had better show yourself before I walk right in there and drag your peony butt for you!!"

The giggling stopped, and a little balck shadow emerged, big baby eyes stared at me through cute pink orbs.

O--; F!

This kid was a girl!

That's… Me!

With a pout, her eyes looked up at me, "Well, you didn't have to yell, ya' know." She frowned.

`This is weird, this is weird, this is way too wired…' I rubbed my temple, and I can sense a headache coming up.

"Hey!" Bankotsu said quietly.

I looked down at the kid who attached himself to my leg again, except this time, he was shyly smiling, then again, he was blushing.

"Hi…" the girl replied mildly, and then crossed her arms behind her back.

Cutely, they were silently staring at each other…

She was small and scrawny. Man, was I this thin? I look like a boy! And I'm hardly curved! No hip, no breasts, no nothing! Just pretty eyes, long black hair and a tomboy attitude, a nice kimono for a garment, she looked up at me, probably not amused by my flesh showing too much, and then knotted her brows, and then looked down at Bankotsu and tilted her head, the frown washed away a bit, but a tiny smile came.

Bankotsu ducked behind me, I have the feeling that he's shying off.

`This could be interesting.' I smirked, and simply plucked him off my kimono and shoved him towards her. "I told you there was someone else, make friends and leave me alone." I muttered.

"Uh…" Bankotsu's face flushed, stuttering he hardly said anything understandable.

The little girl just smiled at him, "What's the matter? Cat caught your tongue?" she taunted.

Bankotsu smiled lightly, simply shrugging.

"I'm Rei," she extended a hand for a handshake, "Who're you?"

"Um, Ban...kotsu…" He grinned.

They shook hands.

Wait a second; did I just pair myself with him?

………

Nah this is probably my imagination, none of this is real… is it?

I frowned to myself and then closed my eyes for a second, I don't know why, but all I thought that it made my eyes feel better. I could still hear them laughing, and then their voices started to fade, but I couldn't open my eyes. What's going on? I frowned, something felt… wrong!

I felt sweat, a damp weather and I could hardly breath, but then again, I heard some ruffling noises. Before I knew it, I fluttered my eyes. I sat up, realizing that I was sprawling on a damp floor of dirt. Where am I? I wondered, finally noticing that I was under a tree! Oh? Was that all a dream? I frowned, did I fall asleep and dream of all that?

Normal POV.

Rei got up from the tree and walked into the old torn up mansion.

She turned to her right and saw a new kimono that look exactly like her old one and a note on top of it.

"Geez...what are the chances that it look the same?!" Rei asked and pick up the letter, opening up reading whatever was written on it.

Damn you sleep alot women!!

Before you say anything! I did try to wake you up but you kicked me! I'll get you for that! Anyways I gotten you a new kimono to wear.

I'll meet up with you here tomorrow.

- Anika

Rei crumpled up the letter and tossed to the corner of the room.

"Jakotsu...everyone's dead here..." A voice said and opened the sliding door. It was Bankotsu.

"YOU AGAIN!!" They both said.