InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ A Second Encounter. ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

------------------------------------------------------------

A Second Encounter.
------------------------------------------------------------

The young Shichintai leader walked through the old deserted temple, passing many dead bodies with claw marks on their bodies. "Hey Jakotsu...! Everyone is dead here...!" Bankotsu stated and opened the sliding door and check in the room.

A young girl with long raven hair sat in the middle of the room holding a black and white kimono in her arms. It was Rei.

Bankotsu raised a finger and pointed at her. "YOU AGAIN!!" She had done the same thing.

Rei growled through her teeth and got to her feet, holding the new kimono in one arm and the other hand was on the handle of her katana. "Not only he haunts my dreams, his in my reality too!" She thought.

Bankotsu examined her torn clothes and the VERY noticable wounds too. Jumping down to conculsions, she must of fought Inuyasha after he had left and...lost.

A smirk formed on his lips. "Lost to that mutt, Inuyasha eh?"

Rei glared and unsethed her katana and raised it above her head. "Shut up." With a swing, her Yozansen attacked.

Bankotsu quickly moved to the side and avoided her attack. "The same tricks won't work twice."

The young mercenary charge forward and tackled the samurai, making her crash out of the old temple and fall outside in the open. Bankotsu quickly followed.

The raven haired girl slow got to her knees and held her left side. "Shit. Must of reopened a wound or one got ripped open bigger...damn..." She thought. Rei dropped her kimono and painfully got to her feet with the support of her katana. "I'll die at this rate..."

Her raspberry eyes widened and she began to gag. Coughing out blood into her hands.

Bankotsu came out of the temple and picked up his Banryuu which was sitting outside, stabbed into the soil. With one hand he lifted his weapon from the ground and slung it over his shoulder.

"Bankotsu no aniki!!" A male yet femine voice called out. Jakotsu, including Renkotsu and Suikotsu came out of the old temple. And Ginkotsu came around the corner of a house and they all joined their brother.

Renkotsu notcied Rei standing with her sword in front of her. "Oh? So you found her in this dead village?"

Rei felt a burning rage in her chest. "You annoying shit...!"

"Your the one to talk." Bankotsu said back.

He began speak in an aggressive tone. "I go to a village I find you and your little friend there and killed the ones I wanted to kill, then I come here and see everyone is dead here too, and I find you here as well...! I'll satisfy my thurst for blood on you!"

"Don't you ever shut up?" Rei glared. "I honestly don't care what you have to say."

"Fine. Then talk to my Banryuu!!" Bankotsu ran forward to the injured samurai, bringing down his halberd.

"Yozansen!" She swung her katana and attacked again. But Bankotsu picked up his halberd and used it to shield himself from her attack.

Rei ran forward and jumped over Bankotsu, trying to hit him from above. The Shichintai leader used his halberd and brought it to her side and flipped her, as if he was flipping eggs over.

The blow was so hard it made a small creat. The female samurai coughed out more blood.

"I thought you were strong...hm...how pathetic.." Bankotsu smirked.

The burning rage in her chest began to really hurt. Rei used her katana and aimed for his legs. But he had jumped into the air.

The samurai took this chance for a head on attack but once her took a step her body felt weak, her vision bagan to blur. "I...can't fight him my condition...I've...lost too much...blood..."

Bankotsu's smirk grew wider, he gracfully landed and then ran forward.

"I...I can't..."

The Shichintai leader jumped up and was about to bring his halberd down on her skull.

"I...I just can't." Rei fell forward and landed right on top of the Shichintai leader. They both fell back and landed with a 'thump'.

"What the?!" The other Shichintai members stood there in shock.

Bankotsu began to yell at the girl on top of him. "Hey!! What kind of dumbass trick are you trying to pull now?!"

No reply.

Bankotsu raised and brow and lightly shook her. He turned to his commrades. "She's...unconscious..." The rest of the Shichintai fell over.

Renkotsu got up. "Then just kill her already!!"

Bankotsu glared. "Don't tell me what to do! You bald dick face!!" The Shichintai leader pushed the dark-haired girl off of himself and picked up his halberd.

"..."

"Kill her! Bankotsu no aniki!!" Jakotsu said and hopped onto Ginkotsu. Ready for department.

The next thing they knew it. Their leader picked up the bloody girl and hopped onto Ginkotsu with her!?

"What the heck are you doing?!" Jakotsu asked.

"Hey! I didn't get a satisfying fight! And once she's awake, I'll knock the crap outta her!! Besides....she's...interesting...." Bankotsu answered.

Soon after the Shichintai rode off.

( Note*: When Rei fell alsleep earlier the sun was setting, and when she awoke and saw Bankotsu it was already night time.)


**

The light of the sun began to rise the light all of the land. Anika stood there and waited for Rei at the old temple.

Anika was impatient. "Damn it!! I told her I'd meet her here in the morning!!! And now...SHE TOOK OFF!! Argh! I'm gonna snap her like a twigg!"

**

Kirara transform into a large firey cat, Sango jump onto her back, along with Shippo. Kagome climbed onto Inuyasha's back. Miroku...he's just standing there waiting for the others to be ready.

"Alright! Let's find those damn Shichintai!" Inuyasha stated. Sango rode on Kirara. Inuyasha ran, along with Miroku, with Kagome on his back. As they ran Inuyasha began to sniff the air.

Inuyasha opened his eyes. "That's strange..." Everyone else turned to Inuyasha. " I smell...well at least I think I smell...that brat Anika..."

Kagome blinked in confusion. "But...I thought she died!"

"Obviously not if I can smell her!...She's not far from here!" Inuyasha picked up his running pace abit.

**

Anika sat at the old temple, throwing some rocks at some of the birds that tried to eat some of the dead corpses. She stopped her rock throwing and sighed.

"Ahhh......booorrriinnggg...." Anika sniffed the air. "Hm? This smell...it's.."

Inuyasha came jumping into the dead village. Kagome jumped off his back. Sango landed with her commrades. Miroku...yeh...

Anika sweatdropped. "...Inuyasha...I knew it." She finished her sentence. "Well...what do YOU want?"

Inuyasha growled. "Did you kill everyone here?!"

Anika sighed again and stood up. "You know...this sounds awfully familier...Oh I know! Like when we first met!!" She raised a finger and pointed at him. "Look Inuyasha! I'm in NO mood to be playing with you! Besides...I didn't kill this village. If you use your nose, the smell here is not fresh with blood. This village was dead long ago..."

Out of nowhere Kagome asked Anika this question. "Where's Rei? Is she alive too?"

Anika shrugged. "She's alive...but I'd like to know where she is!!"

Kagome gave a sigh of relife. "That's good...she's alive."

Anika heard her little mumbled to herself. "Wha? Why are you so worried about her?! Your our enemy!"

"She came from my time." Kagome answered. Anika was definitly confused.

"Her time? What the heck is she talking about?! Hmmm...she's worried about Rei huh? Maybe I can use this to my advantage." Anika thought. "Umm...can you help me find her? She's been gone since...I...left her here.."

Sango spoke up. "How do we know your not lying?!"

"I'm an honest to goodness youkai. I'm telling the truth." She simply answered back.

Inuyasha and gang kinda hudled up and began to think this all over.

Shippo was the first to speak. "No. Bad idea! Remember she tried to kill of us all!?!"

"Yeah...but she does seem like she has changed...alittle..." Miroku said.

"But she's killed so many innocent lives! She may be putting on an innocent, cute act for all we know!" Sango argued.

"But...she's worried about her friend. And needs our help..." Kagome said.

Inuyasha spoke up. "Look. Say we just help her for now. And if she does any funny stuff...we'll kill her.."

"Inuyasha..." Kagome warned.

"Ok fine...it's settled then." Miroku said.

They all turned to Anika which was giving puppy eyes. They all sweatdropped.

"Ok....we'll help you." Kagome said. Anika put on a happy smile of joy and jumped up and down.

"Yay!"

"I might finally meet this beautiful female samurai!" Miroku said.

"..."

"Sorry..." The monk apologized.