InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within Our Hearts... ❯ I Want To Know. ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
---------------------------------------------------------------

I Want To Know.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Rei's head was swirling, heavy. She raised her hand and placed it over her forhead. "God I feel like shit...!" She mumbled to herself.

"Onii-chan! I thinks she's finally awake!" A voice called.

"What the? Did I just hear...a little girls voice?!" Rei questioned in her head.

The young samurai shot up from her position, only to stare at a brown eyed little girl dress in a small pink kimono, her black hair only reached down to her chin. She looked no less then 8 years old!

She smiled sweetly. "You've been out for three days now..." She told. "I'm Karin."

"Rei." She spoke back, and examined her surroundings. It was a simple little home, with a small kitchen and two rooms. "W...where am I?" The raven haired girl asked. "The last thing I remember is..." Rei thought and images of her battle with Bankotsu flashed through her head.

"Onii-chan and me found you in the river unconsious, we couldn't just leave you so....we took you into our home..." Karin answered.

"Thanks for hospitality but I gotta get goin--argh!" Rei finally realized her kimono was not on her body, plus she was wrapped in fresh clothes and under neath, her wounds were bandaged up.

S-someone took off her clothes?! Why that sick minded pervert!! Taking advantage of a girl while she's asleep is unacceptable!!

"There's no need to panic. Karin was the one changed your clothes..." A masculine voice said.

"I'm sorry...you running a high fever when we found you, so I changed you out of your clothes." Karin explained.

"Oh...so that's what happened..." Rei said. She looked up at the man who just came into the house with fresh fruits and fish. "Who the hell are you?"

"That's no way for a lady to speak." The man smirked.

God! He smirks like that jerk Bankotsu!! "Just answer the damn question...!"

"Isuske..." He asnwered, as he put the basket of food. ( Isuske: Ei-su-s-ke)

There was silence for several minutes before Rei got to her feet and dusted herself off. She was about to walk outside until Isuske's voice called to her.

"Do you really think you can walk about in your condition?" He asked in a teasing tone.

"Shut up! I'm only getting some fresh air!" She yelled. Mumbling 'jerk' on her way out.

**

"God damn it!! We looked everywhere and we can't find her!!" Inuyasha growled. "We've looked for her for the past THREE days!!"

"She can't be that far..." Kagome said.

"BULLSHIT!! She's dead! D-E-A-D!! Who cares?!?! Not me! I'm quit! I'm not looking! If you want to find her so bad then look by yourself!!" Inuyasha yelled in frustration.

"Damn...maybe she really DID die. But her scent seemed to her been washed away..." The red headed demon thought to herself. "I'll find her oventually."
 
**
 
Sango hovered in the air with Kirara and search from above. They's been looking for some time now, Sango wasn't sure why she was still looking. Sango then spotted Miroku by the river, so she decided to call out to him. "Hoshi-sama!! Find her?"
 
Miroku turned around, and saw Sango land on the ground, Kirara transforming back into a small innocent looking kitten. "No...but I did find this..." The young monk held up a dirty black and white kimono, covered in some red blood.
 
"That's..." Sango started.
 
"Yes and I also found these..." Miroku held up two katanas in his other hand. "I'm assuming that she was thrown into the river...that's why Inuyasha and Anika couldn't track her scent very well, her scent was washed away."
 
"And now where do you think she is?" The demon slayer asked.
 
"I don't know but she off somewhere naked in this world..." Miroku said with a perverted grin.
 
"P..pervert..." Sango mumbled.
 
Just then Inuyasha and the others came to Sango and Miroku. "Nothing...what about you?" Inuyasha asked.
 
Miroku held up the kimono and two katanas to the others. Anika took the object into her hands.
 
"These are definetly hers..." She stated.
 
Kagome sighed. "Let's call it a day...I'm getting pretty hungry..."
 
"Uhh...there's a demon right there..." Anika pointed out. "And it's not the only one hungry..."
 
Inuyasha pulled out his monsterous sword. "Stay back!"
 
**
 
Rei sliently sat in a field of grass and looked out into the view. A small peaceful village with many small childeren laughing and playing, the wemon working in the fields, gathering crops for their family, men working hard as they chopped down trees for fire.
 
"Peaceful little village..." Rei thought.
 
"Hey...! Onee-chan! (older sister)" A small voice called. Karin. "Uno....Onee-chan, would you like to come and watch the Sakura trees?" She asked sweetly.
 
An image of a small boy flashed in Rei's memories. She nodded. "I guess it wouldn't hurt..." Karin jumped for joy and held Rei's hand and guided her to the Sakura trees.
 
Just then a monk came along with an injured man. "Excuse me mistress. Could you please heal this poor soul. My powers have weakend and I believe that I cannot save him."
 
"Old man I don't know what your thinking but it sounds crazy...!" Rei said. "Go ask a miko for help or something...!"
 
"But you are a miko are you not?"
 
**

It had been a long day, searching for the missing samurai and the Inuyasha gang was settling down for the night. After the recent battle with a gruesome demon, Kagome,Sango, AND Anika decided to go wash all of the blood and dirt off their clothes and themselves. Of course, Inuyasha and Miroku got lectured before they left, and of course Inuyasha was mumbling about how he wasn't a lecher like Miroku. Shippo had just awaken from his nap and noticed the girls were gone.

“Hey! Inuyasha, where did Kagome go?” Inquierd Shippo.

“They went to go bathe,” Miroku said with a lecherous smirk.

“Great!” Shippo smiled

“Hey, where do you think you're going, Shippo?” Questioned Inuyasha while picking him up by the tail.

“I'm going to go with the girls because you guys don't have interesting conversations like they so." Shippo snickered.

“What do you mean by interesting conversations, Shippo?” Miroku asked.

“Well you know about how … Wait! You're trying to get me to tell you Kagome and Sango's secrets aren't you?” Shippo asked
 
"Keh! Why would I be interested in things girls talk about?"Inuyasha growled.

"Because they say things they'd never say to you out in the open. Like...you two for example." Shippo said which then caught Inuyasha's attention. Inuyasha pounced on the small fax demon.
 
"What did Kagome say about me?!" Inuyasha questioned. But Shippo refused to say so. "Tell me or else!!"

“Or else what?” Shippo trembled from fright of the consequences. "Then die for your idiotic decision for not telling me!!" Inuyasha unsethed his sword. "Tetsusaiga!!"
 
"AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" Shippo screamed.
 
**

Over to the hotspring the girls were bathing in.
 
"Argh! What the hell is that screaming noise?!" Anika asked covering her dog ears. "It's annoying!!"
 
"Probably the boys, you know, fighting and such." Kagome said. "Nevermind that! Let's talk about boys!" Kagome suggested.
 
Sango blushed. "K-Kagome-chan...why talk about such a thing, it's not like I--we like anyone."
 
"Hm? Why Sango I've always thought you like Miroku!" Kagome said. "But I guess you don't like him. But I thought you two looked perfect together!"
 
Sango blushed even harder. "O-ofcourse I don't like him! H-he's a pervert! And hits on anything that moves! W-why'd I like someone like him?!"
 
"By the way you're acting and the fact your face is really red. I'd think you like him." Anika said and put a wet towel on her head that she got from Kagome.
 
"Y-your mistaken! T-the hotspring is too hot, i-it's making my body heat up!!" Sango tried to convince the youkai.
 
"I don't believe you..."
 
Sango began to talk about how Miroku always picks up beautiful wemon and asks them to bear his child. Anika gave a sheepish look, still unconvinced that Sango is not in love with Miroku.
 
Kagome giggled. "It's strange...awhile ago we we're trying to kill each other and now we settled down and are hanging out with each other."
 
**
 
"I said tell me!!!" Inuyasha threatened.
 
"Ahhhh!!!" Shippo screamed again.
 
"Inuyasha!" Kagome called and came to the camp scene, along with Anika and Sango. Shippo sighed with joy and jumped into Kagome's arms and began to weep.
 
"Kagome!! Waaaa!! Inuyasha was gonna k-k-kill me!! Waaaaaa!!!" He sobbed.
 
Anika covered her ears once more. "Argh! Your the one who was making that ANNOYING whining sound! I'd wanna kill you too!"
 
Inuyasha began to crack his knuckles and advance on the little fox. "Shippo why so little son of a--"
 
"OSWARI!!" Kagome yelled. Inuyasha fell face first into the ground....again. "He's just a little kid! You don't have to hit him like that! Are you ok Shippo?" Shippo nodded and then turned to Inuyasha and stuck his tounge out at him, while Kagome was looking elsewhere.
 
**
 
"Ha!!" Bankotsu's halberd sliced into another man, killing him in an instant. Another man fell over trembling in fear, begging for his life. Bankotsu smirked and cut the mans head off. "Hmph! Mercy is for the weak!"
 
Jakotsu walked over to his brother, with his serpent sword drenched with blood. "Oo-Aniki. If mercy is for the weak then why'd you spare that...uhh....Rei girl...?"
 
The other Shichintai soon gathered around. "I'd like to know that as well." Renkotsu said.
 
"Heh. You wanna know why?" Bankotsu lifted his halberd and placed it over his shoulder. "Because she is one of those people that are always fun to hunt down. And we rarely get that. She is... my prey...."

**

Please R&R!!