InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dog's New Love ❯ The Dog's New Love ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Hi, this is my first fan fiction. I edit fan fics but I've never really put time or effort into writing my own. This is an Inu/Kag fan fiction. Also, I am writing from where the manga is now. So you might need to do some research to understand. I will try to explain as much of the story in my fiction. If you would like for me to give you a link of where to find the inuyasha manga online, then instant message me. My screen name is jr4q9. I'm on AOL and Yahoo instant messengers. Also instant message me if you have any questions. Also, this is basically my ending of inuyasha. This is what I want to happen. I'm trying to make it as plausible as possible. I hope you enjoy. ^_^

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or anything to do with Inuyasha. The characters, plot, and copyrights all belong to Rumiko Takahshi. And I am not she.

*************************************************************** *********

Chapter 1- The Dog's New Love

"SIT!!!"

*Crash*

"God, Inuyasha I'll only be gone for two days. I need to get back to school. You know how important my exams are to me. Just use this time to rest or something. And DON'T FOLLOW ME!!!!"

"Fine then leave, go, see if I care. Why don't you stay gone? Your always in the way anyway, maybe with you gone I can finally get down to work!" Inuyasha yelled back at Kagome in an attempt to sound cool.

"UGHHH! You're so immature sometimes. Maybe I will just leave!" shouted Kagome. "Men, they are always so stupid, especially the hanyou ones. I should just forget about Inuyasha and go with Hojo. Inuyasha has Kikyo, he doesn't want me." Kagome said to herself as she jumped in the well and reached the other side.

She climbed out of the well and started home sulking and talking to herself.

"How dare he the jerk. He's such a baka. Sometimes I just wanna ring his neck. How dare he say I can't go home? Who does he think he is? Maybe in the Sengoku (A/N: FYI, Sengoku is the feudal era in Japan) women have to do whatever men tell them to but not ME."

As she says "ME" Kagome trips and falls flat on her face. As she looks up she sees the main temple.

"AHHHHH!! No matter what I do I can't escape the feudal era. Even my house looks like sometime out of medieval Japan. I hat…"

"Kagome is that you?" said a women's voice from the kitchen.

"Yes mom, it's me. I'm back!" "And staying here too" she added in an undertone as she passed the kitchen without even the most remote glance and headed directly to her room still fuming.

Upon entering her room, Kagome put down her stuff and grabbed some clothes. She was going to take a long, hot, bubbly bath and forget all about Inuyasha

"Awww this feels so good. Man its good to be home." Kagome said as she sank into the bathtub and started to relax.

******************************************************

Back in Inuyasha's time, they all sat in Kaede's hut. Inuyasha was in the corner trying to look as if he didn't care. But something was bothering him. As Kagome went down the well the last thing he heard was "…go with Hojo."

"What did that mean?" Inuyasha thought, "Does Kagome have a boyfriend back in her time? Not that I care what the wench does." Thought Inuyasha suddenly feeling the need to be alone. He got up and walked out of the hut.

"Does Kagome love someone else? Not that I care or anything." He said to himself. "Ohh who am I kiddin?" he admitted giving in to the true feeling in his heart. "I love her. She can't have another guy. What about me? Who am I supposed to be with? I need her to make me happy. I've never felt this way about anyone before. Not even Kikyo. Kikyo! Oh no what am I going to do about her? I owe her my life. To go to hell with her is the only way to repay the debt I owe her. But what about Kagome? Oh God what am I supposed to do?"

Some time has passed. It is now dusk. The sun met with the horizon, making a brilliant mix of color.

"Inuyasha?" came a man's voice.

"Oh no!" said Inuyasha, as he tried to remain unseen up in his thinking tree. He wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone right now. Especially not Miroku.

"Inuyasha there you are. We need to talk man to man. What's wrong? When ever you come to this tree it isn't anything good." He said sounding concerned.

"Go away Miroku. I'm not in the mood." Inuyasha replied coldly.

"Inuyasha, is this about Kagome?" Miroku asked Inuyasha seeming to read his mind.

"NO!" Inuyasha jumped out of the tree to look Miroku in the face so it would sound more convincing. "Like I care what that wench does. I have better things to worry…" But he stopped short. He couldn't keep up the charade anymore. He had to come clean to someone and Miroku was as good a person as any to do so.

"Yes" he corrected himself suddenly loosing his edgy, tough guy tone of voice and sounding like what he felt inside. Miserable and lonely. "It's about her. Miroku, I don't want to be so mean, but it's the only way I know how to express what I feel. I've never felt this way about anyone before."

"Not even Kikyo?" Miroku interjected

"Nope. Not even her. That wasn't real. We were both just using each other. She wanted a way to get rid of the jewel and I wanted to feel needed. But with Kagome my feelings are true. I love Kagome, I can't live without her."

"Well what's the problem? When she comes back just apologize and tell her how you feel."

"It's not that easy. As she was going through the well I heard her mention a guy. Someone named Hojo. I think she has someone else in her time."

"Then go to her. Now! Tell her how you feel before you loose her because of your rudeness."

***************************************************

Back in Kagome's time she lay on her bed sad. She had tried studying but all her thoughts went back to InuYasha. So she just gave into the inevitable and gave up. Now her mind was reeling. "What's Inuyasha doing? How is he? Is he still mad? How does he feel about me?" are just a few of the questions that were running through Kagome's head. She couldn't take it anymore. She jumped off her bed and ran to her desk. She grabbed a book, any book, anything to take her mind off the never ending, unanswerable questions going on in her head. She opened to a random page and saw this.

Why Do You Insist On Giving Me Pain?

Why do you hurt me?

Why do you scorn me?

Why do you insist on giving me pain?

Whenever I open my self to you,

Causing pain is what you do.

Why do you insist on giving me pain?

I build up walls of loneliness and sorrow,

I say that I'll open up tomorrow.

Why do you insist on giving me pain?

Forever I live in solitude.

Fearing you and your attitude.

Why do you insist on giving me pain?

Just one question I ask, one thing to know,

Why do you like to hurt me so?

Why do you insist on giving me pain?

By: Annika Hontzsch (A/N: This isn't a real poet. I wrote this. That's just a pen name I like to use.)

This put her almost to the point of tears. This had to be the book her mom bought her for her birthday. She had never had a chance to look at. She turned the page hoping it would be very different from the last.

Never Part

Over there you sit with your friends, so cool,

I stare with a want in my heart.

As I look at you our eyes meet.

In those few seconds I dare not break,

I see us together, hand in hand.

I fantasize that you are mine.

And that we never part

But as our gaze ends, the dream is gone

You go back to being that which I desire.

Across the room you taunt my heart.

I want to grab you,

To feel your touch,

To have your lips on mine,

For us to never part.

But you aren't mine

And never will be

For I'm to scared to let you near.

So forever you'll stay my desire

Till I find the courage to tell you.

But in my dreams we are one,

And we will never part.

By: Annika Hontzsch

This drove her over the edge. She was now crying. She slammed the book close and now saw the title. LOVE- Poems of Love, Hurt, And Pain By: Annika Hontzsch

"Great," she thought. "Just what I needed to read." She threw the accursed book across the room, vowing never to read poetry again. "Music. Maybe some music will help me."

As she turned on the radio a new song was coming on. It was Brandy's Have You Ever?

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?

Have you ever needed something so bad you can't sleep at night?

Have you ever tried to find the words, but they don't come out right?

Have you ever, have you ever?

Have you ever been in love so bad,

You'd try anything to make them understand?

Have you ever had someone steel you heart away

You'd give anything to make them felt he same?

Have you ever searched for words to get you in their heart?

But you don't know what to say

And you don't know where to start?

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?

Have you ever needed something so bad you can't sleep at night?

Have you ever tried to find the words, but they don't come out right?

Have you ever, have you ever?

Have you ever found the one

You've dreamed of all your life?

You'd do anything to look into their eyes?

Have you ever found the one to give your heart to?

Only to find that one won't give his their heart to you.

Have you ever closed your eyes and

Dreamed that you were there

And all you can do is wait for that day when they will care?

What do I gotta do to get you in my arms baby?

What do I gotta do to get to your heart?

To make you understand how I need you next to me

Gotta get you in my world

Cause baby I can't sleep.

Have you ever loved somebody so much it makes you cry?

Have you ever needed something so bad you can't sleep at night?

Have you ever tried to find the words, but they don't come out right?

Have you ever, have you ever?

Have you ever?

This pushed her over the edge. She was now all out bawling. She reached to her bedside table and turned the music off, fearing what would come on next. She now hated music, books, poetry, and radios. While her hand was there she grabbed the tissues. She repeatedly blew her nose. Tears stained her face as she lay on her side in the fetal position facing the wall. As she turned over on her side, about to drift into an uneasy sleep, she glimpsed her clock. The time was 8:00.

*Creak*

*************************************************************** *********

Well I hope you liked it so far. If you think it is boring as is, please read on. Action will be coming soon. Please review and give me any advice you can think of.