InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dog's New Love ❯ Emotions Stir ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Well I finally got the second chapter done. I hope you like it. It may not be the longest but this chapter is more a filler then a real chapter. Just something to move the story along. Hope you enjoy. ^_^

Also, please remember to review. I can't make the story how you want without your suggestions. Even if you for some reason think its perfect, please reply and say so. That way I know not to change a thing. Remember, you don't have the right to complain about something of you didn't even try to fix it in the first place. PLEASE REVIEW!

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha or anything to do with it. DUH! What were you thinking that I was Rumiko Takahshi or something?

*************************************************************** *********

Chapter 2- Emotions Stir

*Creak*

The window opened slowly as not to make too much noise. It was Inuyasha. He had finally got up the courage to leave the safety of his tree and go to visit Kagome. As he entered the room the wind blew and he got a whiff of her scent.

"AWWWW!" he said with a sigh. "God do I love that scent." He looked at her on her bed and felt his heart sink. "Oh my God. Look at her see fell asleep crying. This is all my fault. How could I make such a beautiful and sweet person cry? Man, I'm a jerk." He thought to himself.

He bent down and wiped a strand of hair out of her hair. He gently and lovingly caressed her face.

"Kagome, I'm sorry." He whispered in her ear. "I'm sorry for being such an ass. I'm sorry for hurting you and for denying you. I will never do that to you again. Kagome, I love you."

She stirred.

"AHHHH!" he said, with a start, hitting the desk and knocking over some of its contents. He hadn't been expecting her to move. He sat tensely, expecting a "sit" command to come his way any moment. But it didn't. Kagome stayed as quiet and peaceful as ever.

When he was sure she was not going to wake and go on a sitting spree, he turned around to pick up her things. What he found was some book with pictures of people on it. The pictures were labeled with the person's name. As he looked at the book, the next page he turned to had a picture of Hojo in it.

"Hojo," Inuyasha said with a low growl in his throat. He slammed the book shut and put it on the desk. Perhaps harder then he meant to because he just ended up knocking over something else. It was some kind of wrapped package. He looked at it curiously. He noticed a little card on it. "Hope you feel better. Can't wait to see you then. Sincerely Hojo." It said.

"Hojo!" he said again. This time with more disgust in his voice. "I'll get him."

He took a whiff of the package to get his scent. He immediately smelt a smell that made him want to kill. It was the smell of secrecy and lies. He set off without any further delay. But not before covering Kagome up. He didn't want her to be cold from the open window.

In mere minutes Inuyasha had found Kagome. It seemed Hojo didn't live too far from Kagome. He leapt onto the house and looked in the nearest window. It was his. Inuyasha saw Hojo in his bed asleep. He had exams tomorrow and wanted to get some extra sleep so he went to bed early. Inuyasha opened the boy's window and went inside.

"You! You are the one who wants to take Kagome from me." Inuyasha said aloud, leering over the human boy. Hojo woke with a start at hearing Inuyasha. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" he asked. "Who is this guy?" Hojo thought, "What is he wearing and what does he have on his head? Are they ears? They can't be rea…"

"YOU!" Inuyasha said again, this time yelling. He also picked up the weakling by his collar. "Stay away form Kagome. She's mine."

"Kagome?" he asked confused. "I've been trying to do her for ages." He said suddenly loosing his "boy next door" voice and sounding like what he really was. A horny adolescent boy. "She's toughie, but she'll put in the end. They always do."

This enraged Inuyasha. How dare he talk about Kagome as if she were just some street whore to screw. Inuyasha threw him down. "Never. Do you hear me? NEVER! Go near Kagome again. Or I'll kill you." He said to Hojo, who was so afraid that he pissed himself. Inuyasha took off. He went back to Kagome's. He had to see he again. He had to look at her angelic face just once more if he could. As he entered the room he saw that nothing had changed. Kagome was still as beautiful as ever. He went to her thinking, "She doesn't want him. She's too smart to fall for him. He just wants to…"

She was talking.

"Why? Why Inuyasha? Why do you hurt me? (His heart sank) I hate you!"

"What!" Inuyasha thought. His whole world seemed to be crashing. "Fine. If she hate me so much then why am I here." He continued to think while getting up. In a split second he was out of the window and talking angrily to himself. With the wind and his own thoughts, Inuyasha didn't hear Kagome speak further.

"But I can't hate you. For I love you so, Inuyasha."

******************************************************

"What? When did I put on my cover? OR open the window?" said a dazed Kagome when she awoke in the morning. For a few seconds she thought Inuyasha might have been there. She had even thought she heard him say he loved her in his sleep. But it was probably just a dream. It made perfect since, she had fallen asleep thinking of him then dreamed about him later. "Na. I must have done it in my sleep." She said finally coming to a conclusion and closing her window.

She got dressed and ate breakfast. All the while she was very quiet. She was abnormally sad for some reason. Even though she herself, was sad she felt as if she was sad for not only herself but for another. As if some missing part of her, some person or thing was also in pain and she had to feel it too.

As she arrived at school, she saw ran into Hojo.

" AHHH. Umm… hi Kagome. Well I better get going." Said a frightened Hojo. He wasn't entirely sure who that person was but he knew not to mess with him. Kagome was in shock. Usually she had to practically beat him away to get any peace. But now all of a sudden she didn't want to be near her. Not that she cared really. It was a relief to not have to worry about running into Hojo and make up some excuse for why she couldn't do something with him.

As school started it seemed like it would never end. All she wanted to do was go into the well house and go to Inuyasha. She didn't know why but she wanted to see him and now. Well, actually she did know why. It was because she was in complete and total love with him.

***************************************************

Mean while on the other side of the well, Inuyasha was miserable also. He was furious and heartbroken. One moment he was saddest then he ever thought possible because it seemed he had lost the first person her ever truly loved. The next instant he was livid. How dare she say something like that? How dare she hurt him like that. Then he would remember all the times he had hurt her and realize that he deserved what he got. Which would just lead to another depression and the cycle would begin again.

By three o'clock Inuyasha's stomach was aching. He hadn't eaten all day, which was to Inuyasha a miracle because he had to eat all his meals. Especially since his Ramen addiction started. That darn Kagome and her… Oh no Kagome. This time the pain was in his heart. Why did he have to think of Kagome? He leapt out of his tree and went to the nearest river. He had to eat something.

***************************************************

"Oh Kagome please come back." Said a whinny Shippou at the well. "Just ignore that jerk Inuyasha. Please Kagome come…" he cut off. Even though he was young and his powers weren't very strong, he could still feel that evil presence approach. When he turned around, hi eyes widened. A dark shadow loomed over him. When it cleared, Shippou was gone.

***************************************************

When Kagome arrived home she ran to her room, switched bags, kissed her mother and went to the well shrine. She ran to the well but as she reached the edge she hesitated. What if Inuyasha is still mad? What if he's been with Kikyo? But none of that mattered. Seeing him is what was important. So she took a deep breath and jumped in the well.

Upon reaching the other side she heard a person come up form behind her. She jumped. It was only Inuyasha. But something was wrong. HE wasn't his normal self.

"Inuyash…"

"Don't even. I don't ever want to speak to you again."

"What!?!?" asked a bewildered and hurt Kagome.

"Like you don't know. I guess it just comes out in your sleep."

"My sleep? What are you talking about Inuyasha? How would you know what I did last night unless you were in my room? Inuyasha!! Where you in my room?!?"

"So what if I was? Apparently it's where all your true feelings come out."

"Like what?"

"Like how you hate me."

"Hate you? I don't hate you. Yay, sometimes you make me really mad. Like when you run with Kikyo…"

"Ah ha. I knew it. So you do hate me."

"I don't hate you Inuyasha. I'm just hurt by the fact that you can so easily forget about me and run to your dead, resurrected, soul stealing, murderous, clay, evil, hatred filled, bitch ex-girlfriend every time her or one of her soul stealers is within 20 kilometers of you! I hate it how you blindly put yourself in harms way just because some past love is near and forget all about the person that now lo…"

But something had caught Inuyasha's interest. His instincts told him to move and fast. SO he grabbed a still yelling Kagome and took off.

"Get your hands off me you jerk! Don't think you can stop me form yelling at you." But something also caught Kagome's eye. She looked to where Inuyasha was looking. It was at the spot they had just been standing. In there place was the dead corpse of the young kitsune Shippou.

"Ku ku ku ku ku. (A/N: Ku ku ku is a classic anime evil laugh.) What's the matter InuYasha? Having a bad day?"

*************************************************************** *********

Ku ku ku. I know, that's a mean place to end. Shippou dead. Kagome just about to admit to Inuyasha that she loves him. Evil voices taughting Inuyasha. What's gonna happen? Is this the end? Well looks like your going to have to keep reading to find out. I know I promised action and its not here but trust me the action will come. Probably not too much next chapter but eh one after that will be just a battle. Come on give me a break. It takes time to set up for the end of such a good manga. Please be patient and keep reading. Also please review. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE review.