InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dog's New Love ❯ Kagome! ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

We'll I know I kept you waiting but I wanted this to be really good. I know I promised the 9th but with finals I've been really busy. I won't be done with finals till the 23rd so don't look for anything till after that time. Still, I'm not promising anything till the 27th or 28th. Thanks for being so patient. I promise not to let you down with this or the next chapter.

Special thanks to Emeraldfire8, KagomeUndomiel and Gregoriev. They really helped in this. The chapter would really suck if it weren't for them, because I can't write battle scenes to save my life.

Thanks to all those (if only a few) that reviewed. Some thought that Kagome was a little out of character when she was yelling at Inuyasha. Yes it's true she normally wouldn't yell at him like that, but who says she can't loose her cool. You have to remember that she is under a lot of pressure. She has to balance two lives, school, fighting demons and fighting off unwanted sexual advances. Inuyasha, instead of helping, just adds to the problem. I think it's very possible that one of these days she is going to get really pissed at Inuyasha and let him have it.

But I'm glad that people disagree with me. Its show that you are actually taking the time to properly review and give your opinions. It is also a chance to learn something that you have missed so far in your Inuyasha journey. Thanks a lot.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha. Haven't you figured this out by now? -_-

**************************************************************** ********

Chapter 3- Kagome!

"Ku ku ku ku ku." Laughed the voice from the shadows.

"Show yourself!" Inuyasha yelled as he put his hand on Tetsaiga.

The figure came out of the shadows.

"Naraku" Inuyasha said with a growl.

"Naraku, how dare you? He was just a child. What did he ever do to you?" Kagome yelled in anger, shaking all over.

But something else caught Inuyasha's attention. ~Oh no, not him. ~ Inuyasha thought as he turned toward the oncoming person.

Just then a huge whirlwind came up next to Kagome and stopped. She felt someone grab her hands. "Kagome my love. How have you been?" Kouga asked.

She yanked her hands away. Her combined anger at Inuyasha and Naraku letting her true feelings and emotions out. She was not in the mood to be polite to Kouga just because she felt sorry for him.

"Kagome are you alright?" Kouga asked concerned.

"Kouga please leave. I'm not in the mood."

"But Kagome I can't leave, my dear. Naraku is here and I must revenge for my pack. I must also protect you. You aren't safe here with Dog Shit."

"Hey Kouga, didn't you hear her? She said get lost. Now go away, I don't have time to play with your flea ridden ass." Inuyasha yelled at kouga, finally coming up with a better come back then `wimpy wolf'.

~Ku, ku, ku. ~ Naraku thought, smiling. ~All is going according to plan. ~

**Flashback**

"Kagura you will go and fetch Sesshoumaru. Kanna you will be sent after Kikyo. Make your presence known to her and lead her to the battle. Hakudoushi you will battle Kikyo." You will also take care of the Houshi and the Youkai exterminator. They should be no problem. Kagura you will fight the wolf prince. I shall take on the dog demons. Kohaku," Said Naraku to the frightened young boy. This was the first time Naraku had looked at him in a great while.

~Please don't find out I have my memories. ~ Kohaku thought. ~I must look blank and emotionless. ~

"You shall take care of my heart." Naraku said missing the difference in the boy out of pure, sick, morbid, excitement. "The miko girl we shall not kill.

~I have finally come up with a way to get rid of all of our opponents at once. First we must lure them all together. Everyone that opposes and anyone they are acquainted with. Even the wolf youkai, Ayame. With Hakudoushi's barrier, Kikyo and the humans should be no problem. Kouga shall die at the hands of the some person that killed his comrades. The miko girl we will use as our shard detector. With her we can find them much faster. ~ He followed his minions out the room with an evil grin on his face.

**End Flashback**

~Yes continue to fight and not realize your power together. My plan is flawless. ~

"Hey who are you calling names?" Kagome asked. "At least he isn't some dead bitches pet who comes on command." She spat out, still plenty mad. About now she had enough anger to go around and then some.

~Woaw. ~ Kouga thought. ~That's harsh to say even to Inuyasha. ~

"Excuse me!? At least I don't act polite to people just to get into their pants."

"What are you talking about?" Kagome asked in utter confusion.

"The name Hojo ring a bell?"

"Hoj…"

"Kouga!" Yelled an excited voice that took everyone by surprise.

"Ayame!" Kouga said in shock. "Please Ayame this is dangerous. And I'm busy. Please leave."

"No! I followed you here and now I'm staying by your side." She yelled back stubbornly.

"Fine. Stay if you must. Just protect Kagome alright?"

"Alright anything you say." She complied. She ran over to Kagome giving her the look of death. "I'm only doing this because Kouga wants me too." Ayame quickly turned around to check on her beloved Kouga.

***************************************************

"Jaken, Rin is bored. Rin wants to know what O-Sesshoumaru-sama is doing."

"Be quiet child. Lord Sesshoumaru is meditating." He said to Rin. "Oh master," Jaken said as he ran toward him. He was sitting against a tree with his eyes closed. He was so deep in meditation that he looked asleep.

"Master what…" But he wasn't asleep. As soon as Jaken was within reach, Sesshoumaru reached his arm and punched Jaken away from him. He then went back to mediation against his tree as if nothing had happened.

"Ahhhhhh! Lord Sesshoumaru. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me master." Jaken groveled.

Suddenly Sesshoumaru was standing with his hand on Toukijin.

"I know you're there Kagura. Come out and fight with honor."

"I'm not here to fight you, but to help you." Kagura said as she emerged from the trees.

"I need help from no one. Especially not form Naraku or his minions." The Lord of the Western Lands said menacingly.

"But I can tell you where Naraku is."

**************************************************************** ********

"My wounds feel much better now."

"I'm glad to hear it."

"Thank you Lady Kikyo." Said a group of injured men.

"Your Welcome," she replied. But her mind wasn't on her work. ~Something is out there. I can't sense any evil but I know something is there. These disturbances begin to bore me. ~ She thought to herself.

She excused herself and grabbed her bow and arrows. She ran to the woods.

"Come on I know your there. Come out." Kikyo yelled at the figure in the shadows. The leaves rustled as a small, very pale, child with a mirror came out of the shadows. ~It's Naraku's detachment, Kanna. Maybe this disturbance is worth my time. ~

The mirror started to steal Kikyo's maiden souls. Kikyo shot an arrow at the mirror in fear of what would happen if she had no souls. She shuddered slightly at the thought. Her arrow easily broke the mirror. Kanna now finding herself defenseless, turned to run. But Kikyo wasn't going to let her get away. She chased after her and once within range, she focused and shot a barrage of arrows at the girl. All of them hitting and pinning her to a near by tree.

"Now, tell me where Naraku is." Kikyo demanded. Kanna hung by the arrows through her clothes, emotionless. ~I mustn't tell her anything. ~ The young child thought.

"What is Naraku's plan? Speak girl or die." Kikyo said taking a step closer and looking even more ominous.

Something that Kanna had never felt before came rushing over her. What was this? Was this emotion? Was this fear?

"Fine if you don't wish to tell me anything, then you shall die." Kikyo said simply, releasing her arrow.

A flood of emotion went through Kanna, as she watched the arrow come at her almost in slow motion. ~Why is she killing me? I'm just a servant. I don't know anything! ~ She let out a final scream of fear and pain as the purification killed her.

Kikyo turned on her heal as soon as the arrow was shot. ~It appears she didn't know anything. But now I know Naraku is near. ~

***************************************************

"So Inuyasha and The Girl are already there. Also the Young Wolf Prince. Even my half brother's dead disgraceful love, the miko Kikyo is headed toward Naraku. Perhaps the day has come at last." He thought to himself as he followed Kagura through the forest.

"With Sesshoumaru, Naraku should be defeated and I freed. This better work." Kagura said as she flew toward Naraku on her feather.

"So here you are Naraku." Sesshoumaru said as he arrived on scene. "Time to die."

"And so it begins." Naraku said looking at the group around him.

***************************************************

"I must get to Naraku. I'm the only one who can stop him." Kohaku said as he ran though the forest holding a bundle of some kind.

***************************************************

"Naraku!"

It's Kikyo. She's aiming at Naraku with her purification arrow. But when she released it, the arrow didn't hit Naraku.

"No, no, no, Kikyo. Your opponent is me." Said Hakudoushi with a grin of pure evil. He had used his barrier to block her arrow.

"Hiraikotsu!"

"So the demon exterminator wants to play." Said Hakudoushi as he dodged. "And The Monk as well it seems." He said as he looked at Miroku who had his staff ready to strike. "Won't this be fun." He said cockily as he lunged at Kikyo.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Kagura!" growled Kouga. "You killed my pack. For that you will die" He went for her.

"I'd love to see you try." She laughed. With a simple wave of her fan she sent him flying backward and hitting the ground hard. But Kouga quickly recovered and was ready for more.

After many failed attempted to hit the wind sorceress he lunged at her. Catching her off guide and landing a solid punch in her face.

"Ahh!! You hit me. You actually hit me! How dare you. Fuujin no Mai! (Dance of the Wind Blades)"

"Ahhhhhh." Kouga yelled in pain as he hit the ground. The force caused him to make a small crater in the ground. This time, he didn't get up.

"Kouga. Kouga! KOUGA!" yelled a worried Ayame. She ran to his side.

"I thought I told you to watch Kagome."

"Kouga. Oh thank God you're alright," she said as she hugged him.

Kouga was in shock at first. ~She really was worried about me. ~ He thought. But soon he found himself hugging her back. ~She smells really good. ~ He let her go and got up with sudden renewed strength. It was as if hugging Ayame gave him power. He stood ready to fight Kagura again.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Naraku!" Inuyasha yelled as he swung at him. But Naraku easily dodged.

"I see you still don't have skill with the sword. Tetsaiga is wasted on you little brother." Sesshoumaru said in disgust.

"Shut up. Tetsaiga chose me as its master, not you." Inuyasha spat at Sesshoumaru.

"Inuyasha please be careful. Don't get killed." Yelled a concerned Kagome. As she watched him try without effect to kill their arch nemesis. Though mad at him, her love could never allow her to wish him any harm.

"I'm not the one you should worry about. I'll kill Naraku, and then get back to you! He said as he tried another swing and missed again.

"Dear disgraceful half brother, still dealing with mere mortals. How dishonorable." Sesshoumaru said in disgust as he released Toukijin's green energy at Naraku, who was only slightly hurt by the Lord of the Western Land's attack.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Uhhhh!"

"Sango!" Miroku yelled. "Please don't be hurt." He thought as he ran to his love.

She tried to get up. But only fell to the ground again. She left strong loving arms pull her up. "Miroku," she said as she opened her eyes and looked up at his face.

"Sango, it's ok. Don't talk, just rest now."

"Ahhhhhh" screamed a pain filed voice, which captured both their attentions.

"Ku ku ku. What's the matter Kikyo? That didn't hurt did it?" laughed Hakudoushi.

She fell to her knees in pain and lack of energy. The dead maiden's souls were escaping her quickly. She could barley get to her feet.

"Hakudoushi, I will stop you." ~Please let me hold on a little longer. ~ She thought as she got another arrow ready. ~Please let me have enough souls left. ~ She dropped the bow and arrow, falling again to her knees.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Kaze no Kizu! Shit, nothing works. He just regenerates. We need to find his heart. Hey Sesshoumaru, got any bright ideas?"

"If you really need help why don't you ask you human friends? Disgrace." He said as he hit Naraku again. Still not causing much damage.

"Oh no they aren't' getting anywhere." Kagome thought aloud. She watched in agony as the pair tried again and again to kill the evil being, only to be let down when he regenerated. "And it looks like Hakudoushi is done with Miroku, Sango, and Kikyo, cause he's headed this way. Wait! I sense a jewel fragment. Kohaku-kun! And he is carrying something very evil with him. Could it be Naraku's heart? I must stop Naraku until Kohaku-kun can get here."

"Ku ku ku. Your lives end here." Naraku laughed. As he prepared for the final blow.

"Oh no they won't be able to doge in time. They still haven't had time to catch their breath from the last barrage of attacks. I must do something." She said as she ran toward the battle, faster then she thought she could run.

"Inuyasha," she whispered as the blast hit her instead of the two dog demon brothers.

"Kagome!"

**************************************************************** ********

I know I'm evil to stop here. What's going to happen to Kagome? Well it looks like you are just going to have to keep reading to find out. I hope you enjoyed the chapter and remember to review and give me any suggestions you can think of. Though I love to get reviews the say "I love your story. Please keep writing." Those don't tell me things I need to change. But still review even if you don't have a suggestion. At least let me know you like the story. But if you have any beef at all just tell me.

Thanks so much,

animeluvr8