InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Dog's New Love ❯ Fate ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Finally! I know, I know, it took forever. But finals are finally over. I would have started right after I got home from finals (I got home 2 hours before usual) but I had to play Dance With Intensity (computer version of Dance Dance Revolution. I highly recommend both) and Final Fantasy VII (I FINALLY beat it. YAY!!!)

Also, my great uncle died the other day so I've been a little distracted. Sorry. But don't worry about me I'm fine. We weren't that close, but I did still like him a lot. Also my grandmother was here for the weekend so I barley got a chance to type.

Then the new semester in school started so I had tons of stuff to do there. I hate my new classes. I'm suing for making my life miserable.

Anyway, back to what's important. Now I'm done writing this chapter. I hope you enjoy. This is unfortunately the last chapter *sniff* Read and see what is to become of Kagome. What will Inuyasha do about her death? Will he go to hell with Kikyo? Well I'm not going to just tell you. Stop listening to me ramble on and on and read if you want to know that badly.

Disclaimer: I don't own Inuyasha anime, manga, characters or anything. Stop reminding me, first my uncle, then school, now this. What's my life coming to? *runs off to a corner to cry* *ends up laughing instead* Ok so my life's not that bad. But I still don't own Inuyasha. *pout*

**************************************************************** ********

Chapter 4- Fate

"Kagome!" yelled Inuyasha as smoke; dust and brilliant light filled the air. He tired to run to her, but the force of the wind held him back. All he could do was hold his ground and wait. Wait and watch as the wind steadily carried away the chance he had of saving her.

Kouga jumped and grabbed Ayame, pulling her to safety. But in the process some of the flying fragments hit his legs knocking out his jewel shards. Mean while Miroku and Sango held each other for security. Sesshoumaru stood alone. Proud and strong, though in considerable pain. Even if he was in pain, he would never let anyone know. `Never let `em see ya sweat.' As some might say. But Kikyo was blown farther away from the battle, now having only a few souls left.

As the smoke clears, Kohaku gets to the clearing. He sees his sister. ~She's injured and it's my fault. ~ He almost ran to her. But seeing all the battered others and remembering what he had to do; he turns around and heads toward Naraku. ~Watch over her Houshi-sama. ~

"Kohaku! What is he doing here?" Sango asked in surprise. ~He looked at me. He looked almost as the old Kohaku looked. ~ She thought to herself as her heart began to break again as she watched her brother turn away form her and walk toward Naraku. ~No. Nothing has changed. He is still Naraku's puppet. It was wishful thinking. ~

But as the young youkai exterminator took his last step, the bundle shot out of his arms and directly at Naraku. The evil hanyou tried to run but was also being pulled by the mysterious force. As was Hakudoushi. They collided in midair. Again covering the area with dust and bright light. But it soon cleared, revealing just Naraku, now whole. He used his tentacles to grab Kouga's fallen shards and the one within Kohaku. ~ I have no need for a servant who can't obey. ~ He turned to flee.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Kagome!" Inuyasha said sadly, not noticing the boy's arrival.

"Inuyasha. Please don't be sad. Now you can defeat Naraku and become a full demon. Just like you always wanted. Inuyasha, please smile, be happy." She said as she slipped away.

"Kagome! Wake up Kagome Wake up! Kagome you baka bitch, how am I supposed to be happy if you're dead!?" Inuyasha yelled at the dead body of his love, in his arms. Tears now ran freely and unchecked down his face. This time missing the blaze of light that filled the air. "Kagome, I love you. I need you!" he shouted as her body continued to loose warmth. "Don't you understand that I can't live without you? YOU!" he said suddenly snapping back to Naraku. "Naraku you did this!" he barked at Naraku's retreating back. "You won't get away! You will be punished for what you did to Kagome!"

Everyone looked on in shock at the inu hanyou. Not only at his sudden surge of emotion but also his power and speed. They watched unbelievingly as he took of faster then anyone had ever seen. Far surpassing Kouga and Sesshoumaru.

"Bakuryuuha!" Inuyasha shouted ending the would be escape.

Naraku still refused to give up. He pulled and wrenched his mangled body. ~Damn. ~ He thought as he struggled. ~ How did he get his memories back. Now I must leave and start my work over again. Also, I must find a way to prevent my heart from coming near again. Or risk death. ~ He continued to plot as he ran.

But Inuyasha would not allow him to escape. "Kaze no Kizu." He shouted. The attack seemed to slow down, as did time. Naraku turned to look. The blinding light hit him. Degenerating all remaining pieces of his body, so that all that was left was the nearly completed Shikon no Tama.

Inuyasha landed, panting hard. His head was reeling. He had finally defeated Naraku. The jewel was within his grasp, but that didn't matter. She was still gone. No matter if Naraku was dead or alive, she was still gone. But he still ran to her. Hoping beyond hope that God would take pity on him. That He would bring back his reason to live. The sunshine in his life, the air in his lungs. But as he held and rocked her body, no warmth returned. He began to weep. He didn't care about his image anymore. His brother could have Tetsaiga. What was the point of having it if it didn't protect the women he truly loved? He didn't deserve it he didn't deserve to live.

"Inuyasha," whispered a dying voice. He looked happily as Kagome. Only to have his world shattered again. I was only Kikyo. Though he didn't want to leave Kagome, he had to tell her. Had to tell her that his heart belonged to another.

"Kikyo," he said softly and sadly as he knelt down beside her. Her body torn and injured, also unmoving except for her lips. It seemed it was taking all her energy and concentration to speak.

~She's loosing souls quickly. ~ He thought as he saw her.

"Inuya…" she started.

But Inuyasha interrupted. "Kikyo I'm sorry."

"Use… jewel…"

"No Kikyo let me finish. I'm sorry I can't go to hell with you. Our love isn't true. It never has been. Kikyo, I love you. I love Kagome."

Those words were the last thing Kikyo heard before the last soul left her and she perished.

He ran back to Kagome. Again grabbing her and rocking. He began to think back on the past. The good time as well as the bad. Al the time he could have Just swallowed his pride and told her. Then maybe things would be different. But soon he noticed a battle worn Sesshoumaru walk toward him. His shirt torn off showing his amazing chest and killer six pack. Hair flowing back from the wind and his hand on his sword.

"So be it," Inuyasha said as Sesshoumaru came to a halt in front of him. ~At least we can be together. ~ He held his love tightly. Prepared for death, but none such thing came. ~Nani (what)? Sesshoumaru doesn't miss. ~ he questioned. Puzzled ha looked up at the now turned back of his older half brother.

"Inuyasha," said a muffled voice.

He looked down at his arm? Could this be real? Was she really breathing? Really speaking, really alive?

"I… can't... brea… th."

He quickly let her. Now realizing just how tight he was holding her. He loosened his grip, but still did not let her go. "Kagome!" he hugged her again. This time taking into account her frailty and making sure not to smoother her.

"But why?" he asked. Looking at Sesshoumaru's retreating back. A baffled Kagome also looked up.

"The miko died a noble death. I was in her debt. Now I am not." He replied simply. Not even bothering to turn around. "I will also bring back the young demon exterminator." He continued t o walk away from them. ~Tenseiga's will is growing stronger. ~ He thought as he glanced at the glowing sword.

"Kagome! Oh my God, I was so worried. I thought I'd never see you again." The hanyou exclaimed.

"Really? I was worried too Inuyasha. Would you really have missed me?"

"Of course!" said an appalled Inuyasha.

She turned from him. "What about Kikyo?" she asked as she saw the corpse. She got out of Inuyasha's arms; it took all her will to do so. She wanted to stay in his strong harms forever.

"She was nothing to me." He answered as he got up and followed her toward the Shikon no Tama. "Not now, not ever. Even 50 years ago we were just using each other," he continued as Kagome got to the jewel and bent to pick it up. "But what I feel for you…"

"NO!" Kagome yelled cutting him off. She had died sad. Sad and alone, thinking that Inuyasha didn't love her. It seemed she was to suffer the same fate as her 1st incarnation. To die with a negative soul and bear it forever. For it seemed her soul refused to accept change. Yet her heart wanted to hear it more then anything. "Stop Inuyasha. It won't work. I have to go back to my time and you must stay in yours. She ran to him. Giving in slightly to her heart, and kissing him passionately. To both time seemed to stop, neither wanted to stop. But Kagome soon overcame her heart and broke way. Leaving a very sad and shocked person behind, as she ran away.

Inuyasha stared at her. Still overcoming the astonishment of having finally kissed Kagome. Then her abrupt leave, which only added to his bewilderment.

"What are you doing?" asked Miroku. He and Sango had been watching from afar. "Go after her!" They yelled at him in unison.

He took off quickly, not needing another invitation. His demon speed, though n longer at the zenith it was earlier, effortlessly allowed him to catch up with her. He saw her fighting tears and struggling to carry her heavy pack. He ran to her side and grabbed it as she finally made it within a few steps of the well.

"Inuyasha please," she began but to her surprise and dismay he put the bag on the lip of the well, as if to push it in.

"Go if you want, Kagome. Go, but remember that our love transcends time. You can't run or hide from it. For no matter where or when you are, I'll still love you." With that he went to his thinking tree. He stared straight ahead, determined not to look at her or even slightly in her direction.

She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, and then jumped into well. "I'm doing the right thing," she told herself. "It just wouldn't work. I have my life in my time and he has one in the Sengoku Jidai. The only way for him to stay in my time is for him to become human. I could never ask him to do that. It just wouldn't work out."

But her heart was screaming something very different. "Are you crazy!? Go back! Go back to him now!! To deny him is to deny your destiny, your soul mate. Jump right back down that well you dumbass, and tell him how you feel!!!!"

She ran from the well house and directly to her room. For the second night in a row, she cried herself to sleep.

**************************************************************** ********

On the other side, Inuyasha continued to sit in his tree, looking at the well. "She's coming back," he told himself. "How could she not?" the hours crept but and it was soon midnight. His injuries and tiredness but at him, threatening to consume him. Inuyasha fought to stay awake. He had to be there when Kagome came back, but fatigue finally got to him and he fell asleep.

He awoke suddenly with the sun shinning bright in his eyes. He had smelt the most fragrant scent in the world. Kagome. He quickly ran to the well and arrived just as she emerged. She was her usual self, with a few alterations. She wore her normal clothes, with the addition of a fully completed Shikon jewel hanging around her neck. She also had a different bag. Her usual one was replaced with a slightly smaller one, this one brown and, as Inuyasha's nose told him, smelled strongly of medicine.

But the most noticeable difference was her face. She looked beyond heartbreak. Beyond lonely or sad. She looked as if she had given up the pursuit of happiness and was only living to be doing something.

"I left too soon yesterday. Your wounds are great and I need to tend to them." She informed him not quite meeting his eye. Because the truth was the she just wanted to see him again. Her heart wouldn't allow her to leave him. Though she knew in the end she would have to.

They both turned and headed for Kaede's hut. They walked in silence. Though they were only a few feet apart, to them it could have been light years. They both wanted nothing more them to grab the other. But as always they each thought the other didn't want it to happen.

Once inside the hut, all was gloom. Everyone was mourning over the lost of their comrade, Shippou. Not even the perverted Monk's spirits were excited at the site of Kagome. It seemed even the earth it's self, felt the lover's pain. Soon after they entered the hut it started to rain.

Kagome started with Sango, whose wounds were most numerous. Miroku and Kaede had tried but the modern bandages were better. After that she went to Miroku. She was taking abnormally long on him His wounds were few and far less serious then Inuyasha's. But she was trying to prolong that interaction in fear of what she might do.

Seeing this, Inuyasha decided to leave. He got up and left the hut. He might hate the rain but it was better then the atmosphere in there.

"Inuyasha," sighed Kagome.

"Kagome," Miroku said gently, lifting her chin with is hand. "Go to him. You both need each other. Don't deny it."

She rose slowing and wearily, grabbing her bag. She went outside and headed toward him. Though he wasn't in his usual tree, she found him easily. Her heart was her guide.

"Come down Inuyasha. Your wounds need to be treated." She said to the spec in the tree as she arrived below.

"Leave me alone," he spat back.

She moved closer to the trunk, now standing about 3 feet away from it. "You can either come down by choice or come down by force." She replied simply.

Rather then be sat, he jumped off his branch and between Kagome and the tree. But Inuyasha soon found himself against it. Kagome had jumped him. She couldn't take it anymore; she hugged and kissed him with all her being.

At first he was shocked. He just stood there as she embraced him. But soon he gained himself and embraced her back. He held her tight to ensure that she wouldn't leave again, not that she would. It was the most beautiful moment of their lives for both of them. As if their only purpose in life was to be together. The earth again seemed to mirror their mood, for as they kissed the rain stopped and the sun shone. They were both as blissful peace when they became one.

*end flashback*

"And that Inuhiko, is how your father and I met." Said an older Kagome. She looks to be about 35. She's holding a small dog-eared boy of about 7 and 8 in her lap.

"Really Mommy?" asked another kid. This one was a girl about 10 years old also having dog-ears. "That was beautiful. I hope I meet my husband like that."

"Maybe you will honey, maybe you will," she told her daughter gently.

"What about me? What about me?" Asked yet another child. This one was also about 10, but lacked the cute dog-ears of the other two. In fact it looked nothing like Kagome or Inuyasha. But rather Miroku and Sango.

"I'm sure your love will be as beautiful as ours." Sango said lovingly to her daughter.

The child got up from next to the fire and her uncle Kohaku and ran to her parents.

"But mom what did you wish for?" asked Kagami as she looked at her mother.

"What I wished for? I wished that all evil be wiped from the earth. That way no harm could come to the world or it's people.

*creak*

"Looks like your father's home," said Kagome as Inuyasha walked in carrying lots of food.

"I'm home. Is the fire ready?"

"Yes dear," answered Kagome. "Put it by the fire."

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"

"Hello, Inuhiko and Kagami." He picked them up and swung them. He was different too. Not age wise necessarily but he just felt different. He was kinder, gentler. He looked as if he would only hurt or harm to protect his family and friends. Though he did still have Tetsaiga on his side.

"Guess who I ran into today?"

"Who?" The adults asked in unison.

"Sesshoumaru."

"Oh no. Did you fight?" asked a concerned Sango.

"No. He was actually otherwise preoccupied." He replied with a smirk. He was enjoying knowing something they didn't.

"How so?" Miroku asked.

"He was training his pups."

"His pups!?!?" they all screamed.

"Yes, he and Kagura were training their pups."

"Kagura?" Kagome asked. "I always had a feeling about them."

"Well I was in total shock."

"I never expected to run into Kouga and Ayame with their kids." Said Kohaku.

"But I [I]never[/I] thought my brother the sentimental type."

"You'd be surprised what really goes on in a person's heart despite what they say or how they act." She said sly, with a side ways glance at Inuyasha.

"Anyway… how was your day kids?"

"Mommy, Aunt Sango, and Uncles Miroku and Kohaku told us the story of how you guys met." Answered Kagami.

"Oh that old story. It was nothing really. Just fate."

**************************************************************** ********

*Sniff, sniff* *wipes eyes* It's so sad. My first fan fiction finished. *sniff* Will is always be this emotional? *sigh* If so I don't think I'm going to write another. Oh who am I kidding yes I am. Thanks to everyone. I hope you liked the story.

I want to thank God, (of course). Without him nothing is possible. I owe my life and so much more to him.

I also want to thank Gregoriev, Emeraldfire8, and KagomeUndomiel for all their amazing editing. This story would bite without you. I hope you all edit my next fan fic.

Yes people another. I've been thinking about this one for a while. And it's guaranteed to be even better and longer. Please keep an eye out for it.

Again thanks so much for reading. All of your nice comments really helped boost my confidence. I've even started to show people in real life my poetry. You all have a special place in my heart.

animeluvr8