InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The DollHouse ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kagome huffed around her room. She hated this, why did she have to be uprooted and go take care of some dead beat that ran out on her and her family 10 years ago. It just wasn't fair. Her mother still loved him, how could she after what he done! Or maybe it was for the money.
 
He had become very successful after he'd left them. Of course with nothing to weigh him down, how couldn't he. She shook her head. No, her mother wasn't like that. Kagome gave a sigh and heaved her self into a chair by her desk. But in this case she wished she was.
 
She turned to the window. A glassy gaze coming over her honey eyes, as she looked out it. Her hands subconsciously her hands mover to her midnight black hair, and started to twist it around. Her custom when she was bored or nervous.
 
She was watching two little brown squirrels scamper in the back yard; they seemed to be fighting over a nut. But her unearthly interest in them was interrupted when she heard someone's soft footsteps padding towards her room. It could only be her mother, coming to check up on her packing.
 
She should have moved, at least acted like she was packing or cared, for her mother's sake, but she just couldn't bring her self to move. She was stuck with the glassy gaze, and her hands still twisting her hair.
 
She heard the footsteps coming up the hallway and stopped out her door. She was positive now it was her mother. Soft knocking next came, and she uttered a “Come In.” Still stuck in her position, she could hear the door knob turn, the door's soft creak, the footsteps pounding closer to her chair.
 
“Dear.” Her mother said, her hands hanging hesitantly over Kagome's shoulder. “You really should be packing.”
 
Kagome gave a sigh, she hated fighting with her mother but it couldn't be helped.
“I'm not going, I told you.”
 
Now it was Ms.Higurashi's turn to sigh. “Please Kagome, Don't fight with me.
 
Ms.Higurashi's hands lightly laying them on Kagome's shoulders. Kagome shrugged them off; she stood up from her seat. She didn't want to do this.
 
“Kagome, Now...”
 
“He left us mom! He left us and now your running back to him!”
 
“Honey…”
 
“Don't `Honey' me, Mom! You know it you just don't care!”
 
“Darling, you know how I feel. I still…”
 
“Don't say you love him!” Tears streaked down her eyes. “Don't! Say it's for the money; please say it's for the money!”
 
“He was young and foolish then, Honey. Just like…”
 
“Like what? Just like I am!”
 
“Now, I never said that Kagome don't twist my words around!”
 
“It doesn't matter you were thinking it, and you know it! I told you I'm not going, it's final!”
 
x-x-x
Kagome sighed as she watched the rest of her stuff being lugged out of her room and into the moving truck. She gave a deep sigh and started to walk out to the car. “It's just not fair.”
 
“Come on dear!”
 
Kagome looked up to see her mom and brother were already in the car. She reluctantly climbed into the car. She was sitting right next to her brother, Souta. It was right after he was born. Kagome never hated her brother; her `father' was never really one. They need him right then it was the worst time to leave. He became rich too. Asshole. Didn't send shit for his new baby boy.
 
Pshhh. Now he needed them to come and help him. Fuck that bastard. He's on his death bed, like she really cared. It was bullshit. She was very upset. “Screw Him.” She said out loud, earning her a weird look from her brother. She shook her head, and picked up her CD player from a small bag she packed for the car. And turned it on.