InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The DollHouse ❯ Chapter 5, Sought for a Fake ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hullo! Oops I mean Ha Ha! Damn it Steve! >.<!
 
Kat: Excuse the Authoress. She's hyped up on sugar.
 
Lots of Sugar!
 
Kat: Anyways, Thanks to all the reviewers, your cookies should come soon...Wait, why the hell am I being all responsible-y! I'm supposed to be the manic powered by tons of Sugar!
 
Damn it Steve!
 
Kat: Stop watching Secret of Mana Theater! >.<! Damn it!
 
STEVE!!!
 
(if you want in on it you can e-mail me and I'll give you the link to it. It's really funny.)
 
@@@@
Chapter 5
Sought for a Fake
@@@@
 
Miroku sighed as he rose his hand, pinching the bridge of his nose. It was grueling day the hot sun beat down on him. Kagome and Inu-Yasha still fuming from last night's argument, or was it the heated one this morning that had them in these rotten moods. Inu-Yasha looked as though he would tear you head off and play games with your organs if you even thought about talking to him, and Kagome looked ready to talk your ear into oblivion, though when anyone went up to talk to Kagome, Inu-Yasha gave you his don't-try-it look.
 
It was useless. Miroku should know too. He had tried to talk to both; Inu-Yasha popped him hard on his head for just trying to stir up a conversation. Miroku's hand instinctively reached up to a knot sized bump on the back of his head. He winched as he felt the other one to the right of the first knot sized bump. He got the second one from trying to talk to Kagome.
 
She started to ramble on about the nerve of people, and how he was such a jerk. Half way into it Miroku zoned out watching Sango's ass that was shaking in front of him. He was starting to daydream about him and Sango's marvelous curves, when Kagome must have asked him a question. He replied dumbly with a `Huh?' Kagome looked to where he was previously looking and whispered to Sango. With a shriek, and a slap he acquired the second one. His hand moved to the third bump.
 
The third one he wasn't quite sure why he had gotten the third. It was either for making Kagome madder or being a pervert or it could have been both, but when Sango and Kagome huffed off to the front of the group, Inu-Yasha had laid back to walk with him. “You are a total idiot,” he said, quietly but Miroku could still detect the anger seething into his voice and dripping from it like poison. Then he slapped Miroku upside the head. Hard. Giving him the new bump.
 
He brought his hand down, and crossed his arms in a thinking way trying to ponder how a simple thing could get him in so much trouble. It's not his fault he was brought up that way. Besides what was wrong with it? Master Mushin brought him up fine.
 
It had been a while since they left. Miroku could only wonder where it would take them next. Miroku could tell Inu-Yasha had tons on his mind and everyone was waiting for him to do make a decision and follow Kenjia's trail when they had 3 other perfectly good demons, which could hold a scent perfectly fine.
 
He could see what Yura was talking about Kouga was following the group around monotone, not doing anything. Kat was sitting there messing around she wasn't concentrating on any smell. Inu-Yasha was gruff, and focused. He was like this the night they had killed Naraku. Serious, and thoughtful. It was scary.
 
Miroku looked around surveying the land. They were in a wide space, a sandy path they walked on but all around them was green land. They must be a little deeper into Kenjia's territory since this would be a fine place to set up a village. Tons of room for crops, or maybe the soil was bad for them. He wasn't a farmer he wouldn't know. He looked to the sky; the sun was right on top of them. It was noon, they should stop and have lunch but who would be brave enough or stupid enough to tell Inu-Yasha they should stop.
 
Miroku looked around, eyes were on him. Urging him to tell Inu-Yasha to stop and let them eat. Miroku opened his mouth to speak but a seductive woman's voice flew out instead saying “Inu-Yasha do you ever let your party to stop? You must always forget you travel with weak mortals.”
 
Inu-Yasha had been growling since he first heard his name. Kouga also had made a growling sound as Kat started a soft hiss. “Kagura!” Kouga and Inu-Yasha yelled in unison. Both looked back at each other, making a silent pact that while in battle all was forgiven.
 
“What do you want?” Barked Inu-Yasha, his voice deadly. Kat had a worried look on her face, Miroku and Sango shared it. Kagome looked around. She wasn't sure she could trust these people it seemed they always had some kind of secret that they never let her in on. She mentally noted the change in their faces and moved on.
 
The woman known as Kagura laughed a high pitched gurgling sound. “I've come to take my hero home. The one who freed me from Naraku. Kagome.”
 
Inu-Yasha's growl grew it coming to an ear-blowing roar. He was pissed. Kagome thought, but everyone else knew why Kagura had come now. It was that time. Kouga gave a smug smirk, `That should only help us.'
 
“WH...WHAT! THIS IS MY FIRST TIME EVEN BEING HERE!!!”
 
The woman looked surprised but only for a second before masking it with amusement. “Part of the wish with the Shikon Jewel no?” Inu-Yasha's growl had heightened. “What do you mean? We are after the Shikon Jewel!?” Laughter spewed from Kagura's mouth. “You didn't tell her? More of the protection bull?”
 
Kagome's face was confused, what the hell was going on. “Kagura, you should leave you know what time it is and if you don't want me to hurt him. I suggest you leave, you know what happened last time.” Kagura looked laughed. “You couldn't hurt Kenija.” Inu-Yasha smirked. “Not Kenija. Him.” Inu-Yasha emphasized on him.
 
Kagura's eye's lit up and went huge. “You... You wouldn't!! You couldn't stoop that low!” Kouga smirked. “Usually, Inu-Yasha's too much of a pussy to do it. But... around this time of month.” Kagura's face went red with anger. “Bastards! Dance of Wind!” Blue half circles flew out at them. Miroku pushed Sango out of the way, Kouga grabbed up Kagome before Inu-Yasha so he picked up Yura, and Sukki and Kat jumped out the way their own.
 
Kagome's jealousy seeped into her head. Mentally she cursed Kouga, she loved being in Inu-Yasha's arms. But why! Why?! Why did her body react to him, wishing to be close to him, in his arms? To smell his forest-y scent, to see his sun shine eyes. She couldn't handle this, her jealousy toward any other woman who went with in 2 feet of them! Why did her body act like this? It's like she knew him for years! She was even acting like him now, his brooding moods. It shouldn`t be like this, it took months years to fall in love; and it seemed like she already was... with the strange golden eye boy.
 
“Why would Kagura back down like that?” Kagome questioned. “She has a thing for my brother; Kenija has a spell on her to make her lustful of him. Around this time of the month... I can kick his ass. She loves my brother and doesn't want him hurt.” Then man of her thoughts replied.
 
Remembering her anger, she kicked her way out of Kouga's arms and walked straight up to Inu-Yasha. She stuck a finger at him. “Why the HELL didn't you tell me that there was this whole new jewel!” she asked though gritted teeth. He smacked her finger away, a cockily said “I wasn't there when they,” jabbing a finger over a Miroku. “Were supposed to help the old hag, explain to you. For once it isn't my fault!”
 
Her eyes shifted to Miroku, who replied smart-ass-ly “you didn't ask.” She could strangle him but Sango got there first and whacked him upside his head with her boomerang. She mentally noted to ask Sango what it was called and where she could get on later. But now she turned around slowly in a circle.
 
“And that's another thing I've wanted to know. How come everything's Inu-Yasha's fault!” The group shifted eyes to Inu-Yasha who shook his head and hands no, before stopping right before she turned to look at him. “And everyone seems to be on a chain of secrets that I don't know about...”
 
“Well, most thought you knew it wasn't the Shikon Jewel, and it was the Hinkion Jewel. So after that's explained you won't feel as though you're kept out in the dark.” Miroku came in saving the group's ass from another Kagome explosion.
 
They walked along as they talked seeing that if Kagome wanted to get home soon. Kagome gasped “I been here for five days my mother must be worried.” Miroku shook his head. “Kenija is a magician with weird powers; he has casted many spells one of which slowed down time in this era. So one day here is one minuet in your time.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Well anyway. After a priestess killed Naraku, the Shikon Jewel was untainted and she gave it to her lover to make a wish. Her lover out of love wished the priestess away back to her homeland. You see there was war and monsters here but where she lived there was none. So for her safety he sent her away, and the jewel disappeared.
 
“Now we knew history would repeat it's self, but we just didn't expect it so soon. It was odd. It should have been another 500 years before another jewel popped up. We were just baffled. But this jewel has more power and is tainted more, but to be used properly he needs it to be come untainted he needs you.”
 
Miroku finished his little explanation. “He won't get you.” Inu-Yasha said, he seemed to shake but it could have been Kagome's imagination. Still she would watch everyone she still felt there was ton they weren't telling her. She would watch them, oh yes she would.
 
x-x-x-x
 
 
Anyway this was a short chapter but I love to tease you all. Anyways if I was to make my chapters longer there would only be five or less, and I have a rule that if a story can't reach ten chapters, then it isn't a story.
 
Kat: *rolls eyes* Anyways, as usual Review, blah cookies!
 
Review! Please!
 
Kat: How degrading begging for reviews.
 
Get down and beg too if you ever want to appear in one again!
 
Kat *begs with big kitty eyes.* Pwease Review, you get a cookwe!