InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Experiment ❯ Chapter One - Kagome ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Inuyasha or any of the Inuyasha characters.
 
 
One - Kagome
Father had left earlier than usual this morning. Something had happened with his `experiment'.
 
A year or so before I was born, Father had created `something'. This `something' happened to be the only hanyou from this time. Apparently, according to Grandpa anyway, hanyou's and youkai ceased existing around five hundred years ago.
 
Anyway, that `experiment' was the best thing that had ever happened. A year, or so, later, I was born and, by that time, Father was all over the news. Not in a bad way though. They were all praising his work. Father keeps talking about his `experiment' so much, that it's like he's talking about his very own son.
 
I'd met this hanyou once, when I was five and he was around six-ish. I had gone with Father to the lab and badly needed the toilet. I ended up getting lost looking for it and found myself in the East Wing. I knew that he was in this wing and that I wasn't supposed to be here, but I couldn't help it.
 
I walked into his room, clutching my doll to my chest. He had his back to me, so all I could see of him was his long, silver hair, which cascaded down his back, stopping around his waist. He had two dog ears on top of his head but I assumed this was a novelty hairband, as I didn't know what a hanyou was back then. He was playing with building blocks, when he suddenly stopped and turned his head to face me. I looked into his golden eyes for a second or two, before clutching my doll even more tightly to my chest, turning around, and running out of the door. I never saw him again after that.
 
Well, up until the third day of the summer holidays twelve years later, that is.
 
I was seventeen and, as I said earlier, Father had left earlier than usual to go to the lab because something had happened with his `experiment'.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I did this instead of my physics homework, which I really should do. I'll add the next chapter if you review!!