InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Face on the Milk Carton ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Face on the Milk Carton

Disclaimer: I do not own Yash, the book The Face…and the name Katana belongs to Vedelle okay! Okay! On to the fic!

Chapter Two

The day was a blur for Kagome. So many things ran thru her head. She remembered what it said on the milk carton.

Katana Higurashi. Last seen in West Mall in Tokyo. Long, black, curly hair. Dark blue eyes. Went missing 12 years ago. If seen call 1-800-925-7681.

Kagome had trouble paying attention in class. She could only hear mind screaming crazy ideas at her…they WERE crazy right? `What if I really was kidnapped? That means my parents are bad, and they aren't bad. They love me and take care of me. Mom helps out at the clinic and Dad couches the soccer team. But…that was ME on the carton. Did I go willingly? What about my other family? Do my parents know what they did wrong? Do I call the hot line?' Kagome took out her notebook with the blue cover and pocket to hold things. She opened it to the front page and glared down at the little girl that WAS indeed her. `Maybe I am loosing my mind. My parents wouldn't do something like that.'

But Kagome kept on thinking about the carton the whole day. As soon as the bell rang, she zipped out of her last class. It was raining outside. She couldn't see a foot inside of her. Within 5 seconds, she was soaked thru. She started walking towards her souse, never before dreading as much as she did now to see her parents. She saw some bright lights up ahead, and saw that they were headlights. She thought the car was going to run her over, but it stopped inches from her. It was Inuyasha. He opened the door for her and she ran inside. She closed her door and buckled her seatbelt as Inuyasha drove off.

"Wouldn't it be cool if the town got flooded Kagome?" he asked. Kagome wasn't paying attention, so she just made a yes sound. "Want to go to Overlook Point?" he asked her. Overlook Point was also known as Sex Overlook. All the teens went there at night to make out. "It would be pretty cool to see the river if it overflows, ne Kagome?" he said. He glanced over at her and saw that she was looking at something in her notebook, more like glaring actually. "What do you have in there Kagome? A love note from your boyfriend?" he teased. Kagome quickly slammed the book shut.

"N-No!" she stuttered out. Inuyasha looked skeptical. He reached over to grab the notebook from her, and she pulled it back. "No Inuyasha, don't!" she said, but was too late. The notebook fell open and Inuyasha saw the milk carton.

"You're collecting milk cartons? Well, that's a weird hobby," he said. The book had only showed the back part where it said 100% Skim Milk. Dairy's best. Kagome sighed in relief quietly and gathered her book back up. "Is there any special reason you're keeping that milk carton Kagome?" she asked her.

Kagome shook her head no. Then, the worst thing happened. Inuyasha stomped on the breaks as they almost hit a car, and her notebook went flying out of her hands again. This time it landed on Inuyasha's lap, showing the missing section. "Iie!" Kagome cried as Inuyasha read the carton and stared at the picture.

After a few moments of awkward silence, Inuyasha asked her, "Do you really think this is you?"

"I-I don't know Inuyasha! I know my parents are loving and caring, and I couldn't think of them doing something as terrible as kidnapping someone!" Kagome cried. Inuyasha didn't reply as he slowly drove away from the Overlook Point exit. He took his time driving them home, as Kagome stared out the window.

He stopped in front of her house. "Kagome? Are you going to show them the carton? Are you going to ask them about it?" Kagome stared at her hands for a bit before answering

"I don't know Inuyasha. My parents are wonderful people. I don't know if that's me or not, and I'm not sure. If it is, I don't remember what happened…I just don't kn-"Kagome stopped in mid sentence as an image passed thru her mind.

A tired looking mother tried hard to keep up with her children. Two boys, twins by the looks of them, were on a leash and she held onto them with one hand, while on the other she held onto an older boys. The boy held onto a younger girl's, and she held onto another girl's who was younger than her, but they were both older than the twins. The youngest girl had on a white dress with blue flowers covering it. She looked bored and a bit fussy as her mother was talking to her brother and sister, and was ignoring her. Then they walked into a shoe store.

"Kagome daijobu?" Inuyasha asked her, snapping her out of that terrible nightmare. Kagome turned and looked at him, confusion written in her eyes.

"Domo arigato for the ride Inuyasha," she said before getting out of the car and running into her house. `What was that? What's happening to me?" she thought as she slammed the door.

"Hello dear!" her mom called. `Is that really my mom? Or was it that woman I saw in the mall with my brothers and sister?' Kagome's mom gave her a hug, which she didn't return, and returned to the kitchen. Kagome ran up to her room and took out a dictionary.

Day-mare-Hallucinations that occur when you are awake. Early Romans believed that these were demons that were trapped in the daylight and crept into people's minds to get away from the bright sun.

"I'm just having a day-mare," Kagome told to herself. "Some demons just need to get out of the sunlight, so they crept into my head. Sounds nice." That night Kagome went to bed and piled her pillows around her like a wall to keep out the demons from entering her mind.

A/N: Hey! Here's your next chapter! Thanks to my reviewers! And Iie means No, and daijobu is Are You Okay? I have to be fluent in Jap. by next week, so bear with me people! I have a schedule that I update one of my fics every 2 days. So, this starts December first! Thanks all!

Aleaha: Hey! I'm glad you like my story so far! Hope this was an okay chapter for ya!

Nicole: Yay! Glad ya hooked on my story! Thanks for the review! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!