InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flawless Mistake ❯ The Aftermath ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Flawless Mistake.
By: Angelic Ice Dragon
 
Before the fierce battle with Naraku and his minions the Inu gang had tried to find Kikyou in order to put her soul at rest as Inu-Yasha had finally made up his mind, but he still didn't tell anyone, as usual, they searched but they could not find the dead priestess any where, she seemed to have simply diapered. This story takes place just after the battle with the evil Naraku. The Inu-Yasha gang managed to defeat him, but not with out some injuries. They now have all of the shards of the Shikon Jewel as Naraku had the majority of the Shikon No Tama. Now Inu-Yasha is going to make a wish that will send the gang on another journey. Along the way they will have some of the toughest battles that they have ever fought, but they must also over come some other obstacles that will be just as difficult. What will happen when they find a way to fix a certain mishap? I don't know but if I blabber on any longer I think you'll fall asleep so read to find out! ^_^
 
 
The Flawless Mistake.
Chapter1: The Aftermath.
 
Okay well apparently I don't own Inu-Yasha and probably never will. (growls, crosses arms and blows smoke out his nostrils).
Ya any way here is the first of many… hope you enjoy.
***************************************************************** *******
 
After the fierce battle with Naraku the Inu gang are resting out side Naraku's castle. Sango was lying in the grass with Kilala beside her, purring as Sango petted her on the head. She had lost her brother in the battle. Naraku decided to distract her by removing the jewel shared in Kohacku's back, and now Kilala is trying to comfort her. She had put up a valiant fight, though she sustained some wounds to her back and side from Naraku for trying to save Kagome from his tentacles during the battles start.
 
Miroku sat on the ground under a near by tree starring at his hand. Because Naraku had been destroyed in the battle Miroku had lost his cursed wind tunnel that would have otherwise killed him, he was silently overjoyed at the fact it was gone. He to had a few injuries, such as a broken arm that Kagura had been nice enough to inflict on him, along with a few other wounds. However Kagome had taken care of all of his injuries, while adding a few of her own for gropping her in the process as well as a hard blow to the head from Inu-Yasha.
 
Inu-Yasha sat in the tree above the monk, starring at Naraku's smoldering castle and nursing his numerous wounds. He had gotten the worst out of the group with his arm shattered again and hung loosely by his side. Thousands of deep claw marks covered his body, though because he is a half demon they had already begun to heal. He was in deep thought about his future and what he was going to do now that Naraku was gone. Most of his thoughts landed on a certain human girl. (As if you didn't see that coming.-_-)
 
Kagome was on the fare side of the tree with Koga who was sitting beside her while she put on a few bandages, he had come to help out with the battle. He was there to get revenge for his fallen pack members as well as protect `his Kagome'. Kagome rapped the last of the bandages on Koga's legs after he had finished removing the shards from them, she was just glad that they had finally gotten rid of the monster that they knew as Naraku, AND collected the remaining jewel shards.
 
Shippo was his usual happy self not really sad, he hadn't really done any thing during the battle but help Kagome dodge the occasional attack as she fired her sacred arrows at Naraku in an effort to help Inu-Yasha fight, and he also yelled at Naraku of course. He was now trying to comfort Sango buy doing some illusions and tricks to try and cheer her up and put her mind at ease, it was the best thing he could do for her, after all he was still just a young kit.
 
“It's finally over!” Kagome exclaimed, trying to get at least some sort of discussion going, as the lack of it and the uneasy silence were slowly driving her crazy. `It took us over two years but we finally defeated that creep Naraku and collected the last of the jewel shards.' She thought to her self looking at all of her friends as they relaxed under the shade of the tree. “Inu-Yasha?” Kagome asked looking up at the half yukai.
 
“What?” He asked as he turned in her direction.
 
“What are you thinking about?” she asked cheerfully, while she took the remaining jewel shards and combined them in her hands to form the completed Shicon No Tamma.
 
“Uh…Nothing.” He answered.
 
“So is the jewel complete?” asked Miroku from his place on the ground.
 
“Yup it is. Well here you go one jewel, as promised.” Kagome said as she reluctantly opened her hands healed out the complete Shicon Jewel to the hanyou. Everyone watched when Inu-Yasha got down from the tree. Koga got up and slowly made his way toward some near by bushes not knowing what Inu-Yasha would do when he was a full demon. Inu-Yasha took the Jewel from Kagome's hand, and he stood there for a moment with the Jewel in his hand, staring at it, and then he placed it back in to Kagome's. Kagome looked up at him in shock and confusion. `I thought for sure he was going to make his wish.' Kagome thought.
 
“I need a little more time to think about this.” He said in response to the confused and shocked looks he was getting from his friends. Koga came casually wandering out of the woods. “Wimpy wolf.” Inu-Yasha muttered under his breath.
 
“What did you say!?” Koga snared.
 
“I said you're a cowered and a wimp, you deaf flea bag!” Inu-Yasha yelled at him. Koga got right in Inu-Yasha's face and they both growled at one another until Kagome broke it up.
 
“Come on you two don't fight. We've done enough of that for one day.” She said, sighing the last part getting in between the two of them. “So what will you do now Koga? Now that Naraku is gone?” she asked trying to get him to stop growling at Inu-Yasha.
 
“Well I suppose I will return to what is left of my pack.” He answered momentarily looking at Kagome. “And I would like it very much if you would come with me so we can…” he was cut off by a very angry Inu-Yasha.
 
“You are not taking Kagome with you!” he yelled trying to hit him in the face.
 
“Is that so.” Koga said as he ducked under Inu-Yasha's fist.
 
“Ya it is! She is not your woman so back off before I…” he said angrily as he got back in to Koga's face.
 
“Before you what?” Koga growled dangerously.
 
“Before I take off that ugly head of yours.” Inu-Yasha snarled grabbing Tetsusaiga's hilt.
 
“I bet you couldn't even catch me mutt face.” Koga growled back, aging him on.
 
“Ok that dose it! You're gonna get it!” Inu-Yasha yelled drawing and raising his sword.
 
“Enough you two, or do I need to separate you like little kids!” Sango yelled as she got to her feet and picked up her weapon.
 
“Okay okay we get it.” they said waving their hands at her, not wanting to get in a fight with one pissed off and emotional exterminator. After they settled down and Inu-Yasha was back in the tree, and Koga had sat down in the shade, Kagome turned to Sango and asked her what she was going to do. Sango looked away from the two still fuming demons and turned to Kagome.
 
“I don't really know. I mean my village was destroyed so I suppose…I could travel with Miroku, and continue to sleigh demons if that is alright with him,” as she said this she looked over to see a very surprised Miroku. To tell the truth she had grown quite fond of the perverted monk, though she would never tell him that. (You do have to admit he dose have his moments.) “As long as you can keep your perverted hands to yourself.” She added.
 
Miroku still looking vary surprised managed to get out an answer. “Yes of course it's okay with me. It would be a nice change to have a traveling companion with me, and I promise I will control myself.” He said as he put his hand over his hart to make his point.
 
“Good because if you can't keep your hands to your self you won't have to worry about having any children…at all.” Sango said glaring at the monk. Miroku smiled innocently at her and slowly inched away out of the range of her hiraikotsu.
 
“What do you going to do?” he asked looking at Kagome.
 
Kagome looked up at Inu-Yasha who wasn't paying any attention to anyone, just starring off in to space thinking, as usual. “Well…” she said looking at the ground. “All of the Jewel shards are collected so I guess…that there is no real need for me to stay in this time.” Inu-Yasha looked at Kagome he was actually paying close attention to the conversation below, he herd her say that she was going to leave. `She's going home? Is she really going to leave me?' He asked himself.
 
“Well promise to come and visit us okay.” Sango said to her.
 
“Ya! If you don't I'll get lonely,” Shippo said from behind her. “and not to mention board. Inu-Yasha's no fun at all. He'd rather beat me in to a pulp than play.” He wined looking up at Kagome with his sad little green eyes. (Aww how cute!)
 
“Of coarse I'll still come and see you. Do you honestly think that I would just leave and never come back?” She exclaimed putting on a smile and picking up the small kit.
 
“Well we should probably camp here for the night and rest up.” Inu-Yasha said still looking at Kagome. He wanted to spend just a little more time with her, but with out the rest of the group getting any idea of what he was really doing.
 
“Sounds good to me.” Kagome exclaimed as she turned and smiled at him.
 
“Not me.” Koga said as he jumped to his feet. “I'm going to go home to see what kind of trouble my pack mates got in to while I was gone.” Everyone was watching as he said his good-byes. He gave Kagome a quick kiss on the cheek, which earned him a loud threatening growl form Inu-Yasha. After a small fight of words with the hanyou he started to walk off. As soon as he felt that he was a safe distance away Koga tuned to look back at the group.
 
“Make sure you take care of my woman mutt face!” he yelled and then took off running and Inu-Yasha went after him for his comment, but Koga was to fast, even without his jewel shards and was able to out run the very angry hanyou.
 
“Well if we are going to be staying the night here then I should probably get dinner on the go. I know that you are all hungry.” Kagome said with a smile as the defeated Inu-Yasha came back from chasing Koga for about a mile. “So I need someone to get me some wood.”
 
“I'll go get the wood.” Inu-Yasha said as he turned around to head for the near by forest.
 
Kagome then turned to Sango, “Well then, I need you and Miroku to see if you can find some clean water, okay.” She asked Sango.
 
“Okay. Come on, and NO groping!” Sango warned as she and the monk wandered off.
 
“Hey what about me?” Shippo asked looking at Kagome with a puoty face “What do I do?”
 
“Well you can help me set up camp. Is that alright?” she asked him.
 
“Okay.” He said as he walked over to Kagome's huge yellow bag to dig through it. Kagome smiled at the small kitsune as he dug through the large bag, nearly falling in it.
 
***************************************************************** *******
And there you have it my very firs chapter of my very first story on MM.net… so what do you think, good/ not good, I won't know unless you click that little button at the bottom there that says “Review”. If you do I'll give you a frozen cookie. (Holds up a blue frozen C.C. cookie) see…