InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flawless Mistake ❯ Time To Think ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter2: Time To Think
 
Well hear you go… I've got another chapter up for you. However, just as a notice, once I've run out of my pre-saved chapters it will take WAY longer for me to up-date as I've got lots of crap that, unfortunately I have to do, and on top of that I'm working on another story. It really sucks but… (Looks left and growls) Oh great these guys again. (Camera left to see lawyers waving papers) Darn and I was hopping they would forget about that. (Sighs and glares at lawyers) Well As you can all guess I don't own Inu-Yasha… but maybe if I'm lucky I might some day… aww who am I kidding. (Incoherent grumbling) Any way here you go, one more for the show…
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
After their meal they all sat comfortably around the fire, Kagome and Miroku talked a bit, mostly about what to do now that Naraku was gone and looking back at their long journey. Inu-Yasha was the only one who was on his own. He was standing in the tall grass off in the distance, his eyes staring up at the starry night sky and the full moon. Kagome was the first to notice his absence.
 
“Hay,” she asked as she looked around, “Where's Inu-Yasha?”
 
“I think he wandered off that way.” Answered Miroku pointing off to the side, and watched as Kagome got up and looked and started to walk in the pointed direction.
 
“I wonder why Inu-Yasha isn't sitting with us.” Miroku thought out loud.
 
“He probably has a lot on his mind.” answered Sango, speaking for the first time in a while. Miroku looked from Kagome's retreating figure to the woman beside him. She had a sad look on her face that nearly broke his hart; he hated to see her like this. Sango was such a strong person and yet, she was still a human and could feel emotional pain.
 
Miroku moved over to sit beside Sango and put a comforting hand on her shoulder. Sango moved her gaze from the flickering fire to the monk's kind face, she could tell what he was trying to do, but her mind quickly remembered his lecherous ways and she shifted away. Miroku's eyes fell, `Why did she pull away, I'm only trying to help.' he thought.
 
“I'm sorry…” he said and shifted back to his spot. Sango realized what she'd done and tried to say something but her voice caught, so she just looked back to the fire, letting the gloom set back in.
 
“I'm sorry…about your brother Sango.” Miroku muttered quietly. He had to say something to get her to talk, being gloomy and sad wasn't good for her. She looked back over to him and her gaze stayed there.
 
“Thank you for trying to help.” She said, giving a weak smile.
 
“Well to be totally honest with you I can't stand to see you like this.” He said “You are one of the strongest people I know and it isn't like you to be so down and it kinda gets to me.” He continued.
 
“Sorry… it's just well…he was the only family I had left. It's just that now I feel like… like I'm alone.” Sango said as her eyes blurred as tears formed in them.
 
“That's not true Sango, your never alone, you'll always have us, and I'll never leave you.” He said truthfully.
 
“Thank you.” Sango said, moving over next to Miroku, but keeping a watchful eye on his hands. One was supporting him from behind and the other moved to around her shoulders when she was close enough and it stayed there. It surprised her a bit but it was nice to be able to sit with him and not have him ruin the moment or in this case make her feel worse than she already did.
 
Slowly as she sat there with him, his arms wrapped around her in a comforting manner she actually started to feel better. What he said was true, she still had her friends and she still had him. Those thoughts comforted her and made her feel better, it quelled the emotional storm that raged within her and calmed the title waves to a clear sea. It was a bit strange but it was only Miroku who could make her calm and comfort her and yet also enrage her beyond reason.
 
Sango smiled and leaned her head on his shoulder. Miroku looked down at her and smiled and they both looked to the night sky finally able to accept all that had occurred and cope with it together.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Out in a grassy field Kagome found Inu-Yasha starring in to space by himself. She walked up behind him, and as she got closer she stared thinking about what life would be like after he made his wish. `If Inu-Yasha dose choose to become a full yokai will he remember me? What will I do if the jewel disappears when he makes his wish? Will he still want me around? I hope he makes the right decision I hope he realizes that he is just perfect the way he is.' Kagome continued on with this train of thought until she saw Iun-Yasha turn around to look at her.
 
“What are you doing over here? Why don't you come and join us?” she asked as she stood beside him.
 
“I just need a little time alone to think.” He answered turning his gaze back to the night sky.
 
“Are you thinking a bout what your wish will be?” she questioned, but Inu-Yasha didn't answer her. He just kept staring at the bright starry sky. “Well at least come and join us. It seems lonely over here.” she said “Oh and by the way, once we get to Kaede's village I need to head home and pick up some things. I ran out of bandages and I think it would be a good idea to get more… you know, just in case.” Then she turned around and left him to his thoughts.
 
Inu-Yasha didn't even bother to fallow her he just laid down in the grass and continued his to think. `Now that we have all of the Shicon No Tama I need to decide what I want of it. Do I become a full demon like I originally planned? With all of the fights I've been in and all of the demons I've beaten, I don't think I need to be any stronger than I am now. Or I could choose to become a human and live my life with Kagome in her world? Or do I…No, no dumb idea, if I do that the first thing that she would do is kill me, not to mention having to explain it all to her parents.' He thought with a sigh. He herd a loud “Henti!” off in the background fallowed by a loud resounding smack. `You would think that after all this time he would have learned that he shouldn't do that, it's bad for his health.' He sighed in his head. He then turned his attention back to the matter at hand.
 
“This is going to take some time.” He said to himself as he closed his eyes, deciding to sleep on the matter.
 
***************************************************************** *******
Dream:
 
Inu-Yasha was all by him self in a dark place.
 
“Where am I?” he asked to no one. He was completely surrounded in a black abyss, nothing at all around him, then he turned around and the scenery quickly changed to a beautiful little house on the beach. He didn't know how this happened but he decided to just go with it. With that he looked over the small house that was near the beach. It didn't look like it was from his time because it was covered in a white siding and had glass windows. Things he had seen from Kagome's time all around it. He cautiously walked across the white beach sand over to the house and peered inside.
 
In the hut he could see a young girl who had silver hair and inu ears like his, she was dressed in a light pink dress, sitting in a chair at a table in the corner of the house. `What is going on here?' he asked in his mind. `Who is that?' Suddenly he herd a laugh from behind him and quickly swung around to come face to face with the woman of his dreams… Kagome. She however did not look the same, she had changed some how but Inu-Yasha just didn't get a good look, as then all of a sudden the image vanished.
 
End Dream:
***************************************************************** *******
 
“What the…?” Inu-Yasha said as he sat up and looked around. It was still night time though the sky was starting to show signs of dawn. `It was a dream. But it was so real.' “I must be loosing it now I'm even dreaming of her.” Inu-Yasha said to himself. He shook his head to clear it and proceeded to get up out of the grass. He looked over to where the rest of the group was sleeping.
 
They were all still sound asleep. Sango was sleeping next to Kilala and the houshi had managed to sneak over and fall asleep next to her. `She won't like that when she wakes up.' Inu-Yasha mused, as he walked over to them his gaze landed on Kagome. She was laying in her sleeping bag with Shippo curled up in her arms. A smile crept its way on to the hanyou's face. `She is always so beautiful when she sleeps; she's even more beautiful when she's awake.' he thought `Maybe I could let them sleep in just this one time.' He thought as he jumped up in to the tree and sat down, awaiting the dawn of a new day.
 
The sun finally made its way lazily up over the horizon and shone its bright glow over the group as the lay sleeping near the tree. Inu-Yasha kept his eyes on Kagome as the light seemed to make her glow. The dew on the grass around her shone like diamonds making her seem almost like a heavenly apparition to him. He knew then that what ever he did, he would do to make her happy…no matter what it meant he had to do.
 
***************************************************************** *******
Well how was that? I know I haven't really said much about what Inu-Yasha's wish is yet but that is coming next. I did it this way because I thought it would sound better in the long run. Oh and as promised to the many peoples that reviewed here are your frozen cookies. (Hands out blue frozen CC cookies) And there are more where those came from if you review again. Come on now, I won't bite you, click that review button and get your cookie!