InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flawless Mistake ❯ Time For The Big Wish ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter3: Time For The Big Wish?
 
Okay well I'll try this again, I've already posted this chapter once but I suppose it didn't work the first time so here we go again. Oh yes and I don't own Inu-Yasha, but if I did it would be way cool.
 
***************************************************************** *******
 
Latter that day Inu-Yasha and the rest of the gang got back on the long road back to Kihade's village. They traveled almost non-stop along the path only stopping for food and short rests. After they got to about a half a days walk away from the village they were all tired and set up camp for the night. While everyone was eating Inu-Yasha was sitting in a near by tree still thinking about what he would wish for.
 
“If he keeps this up he might hurt his brain from all that thinking.” Shippo whispered to Kagome who smiled at the comment. Inu-Yasha glared at the kit and growled at him making poor Shippo hide behind Kagome for protection from him, but Inu-Yasha didn't get out of his spot to clobber him, he simply returned to his thoughts.
 
“He certainly is putting in a lot of thought in to his decision isn't he?” asked Sango.
 
“This is a very hard decision for him to make. He must decide whether he wishes to become a full demon or stay as a hanyo, or turn in to a human. Three different choices and only one chance to pick the right one, it is no matter to be taken lightly.” Miroku said to her in a calm voice.
 
“Those are not the only wishes that I have in mind seeing as how you are all soooo interested in what I am thinking.” Inu-Yasha said from the tree.
 
“Well if those are not the only things you would want then what else could you possibly ask for?” Kagome asked in curiosity.
 
“It's none of your business!” he snapped as he jumped out of the tree to land beside Kagome in order to glare at her better. Kagome smiled at him and held out a bowl of ramen. Which Inu-Yasha couldn't resist and he snatched it away gladly like a small child, grinning madly.
 
“It's nice to see that you're taking your time in making your wish.” She said as he quickly wolfed down the noodles.
 
“I didn't think that it would take this long to decide but it has.” He said as he lay the now empty bowl down beside himself. `I have had to think vary hard, but I am pretty sure of what I want now.' He thought. “Well, get some sleep. We're going to be getting up early tomorrow.” He said as he stood up.
 
“Aww! Why do we always have to get up so early Inu-Yasha?” Shippo wined looking at him.
 
“Because I said so.” He answered, giving the kit a bop on the head with his fist for his earlier comment. Kagome scolded him as he jumped back up in to his tree, and Shippo came back over to her rubbing his head.
 
Later that night Inu-Yasha was still up thinking of his wish. “That dose it I don't care what happens at least this way she'll know how I feel.” Inu-Yasha said as he got down from the tree being careful not to wake anyone. He crept over to where Kagome lay sleeping. `I only hope that she will like me after.' He thought as he gently shook her shoulder. Kagome strictly from reflex slapped Inu-Yasha on the face causing him to fall over backwards a bit stunned with a red hand print forming on his face.
 
“What are you doing up?” Kagome yond out as she looked at Inu-Yasha who was getting to his feet rubbing his cheek.
 
“I have made up my mind,” he said to her “come with me.”
 
“Oh… Are you still going to go through with this?” she asked still in her sleeping bag.
 
“Yes.” He answered simply. Kagome got up, being careful not to wake the young kitsune that lay beside her and fallowed Inu-Yasha into the forest. It was really dark in the forest though the moon was out, the forest canopy kept the light out. Kagome tried to fallow Inu-Yasha but she couldn't even see him, and then she tripped on a tree root and fell on her face with a smack.
 
“Aow!” she nearly yelled, rubbing her tow and head. “Why are you taking me way out in the woods to make a stupid wish anyway?” she grumbled as she got back to her feet.
 
“Because I am.” He answered as he walked over to her. “Hear take my hand.” He said as he held out his hand and grabbed hers, leading her deeper in to the woods using his demon eye sight. After a few more minutes of walking they stopped in the middle of a small clearing so that Kagome could see.
 
“Are you sure that you want to go through with this?” she asked.
 
“Yes I am.” He answered plainly. Kagome felt sad inside, she liked Inu-Yasha just the way he was but it wasn't her place to stop him, he had made up his mind. Kagome slowly pulled the jewel off of its necklace that hug around her neck, and held it reluctantly out to Inu-Yasha. He picked the jewel up from her hand and stood there for a bit in deep thought. Another part of him still trying to make other wishes. `Well here I am I've got the jewel to with what I please. I still wish that I could turn Kagome in to an inu-hanyo but…' Inu-Yasha's thoughts were cut off as the jewel in his hand began to glow.
 
“What? NO THAT WASN'T MY WISH!” he yelled at the jewel, but it was too late. A grate wind ripped through the forest around them and the jewel sparkled and shone with a low glow casting small pink sparkles in a swirling pattern around them both but it shone brighter and brighter and light up the forest until both Inu-Yasha and Kagome were blinded by the pink light. The jewel levitated off Inu-Yasha's hand and flew at Kagome, disappearing when it struck her, knocking her back in to a tree unconscious. Another harsh gust of wind blew Inu-Yasha off his feet and in to a near by tree.
 
“She'll kill me when she wakes up.” He said as he to slipped in to darkness.
 
***************************************************************** *******
Well there you go another chapter. I thank all those who reviewed my story. I know I didn't tell you what the wish was but I will in the next chapter, if I had done it in this chapter it wouldn't flow right.