InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Injustice ( Chapter 72 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Injustice

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Sesshoumaru sat, back comfortably against a chestnut tree, and pondered the odd vagaries of fate. It seemed so ironic that he should be thinking about injustice - and find himself sitting under a chestnut tree, which is what it stood for.

Injustice...

Yes. It is true... what I have done to Naraku is an injustice - had I been looking merely for justice, I would have killed him and been done with it.

But...

That is not what I was really after.

A cold, cruel look crossed his face - and his eyes flashed.

No, I wanted vengeance, plain and simple. I wanted him to suffer - and being sent to his death was too easy.

After all, death takes up but a mere fraction of a second... and once you're dead, it's over. That is definitely not what I wanted for the spider.

He pulled the konjou from its little hiding place in his haori, and rolled it between his fingers, letting them glow green with his poison... and enjoying the feeling of fear and pain that came from the tama.

The truth behind this prison was that it wasn't just a prison. Naraku was trapped, true, but he was also reachable...

By Sesshoumaru.

He was aware of what was happening to him, and he could feel pain - all of which were fortuitous circumstances as far as the daiyoukai was concerned.

It suited the side of himself that his little miko would never, ever see... the cruel, sadistic side that he carried and kept well-hidden.

"So, spider. It is quite the reversal, is it not? Back then, when you gave me that arm that had a shard of the jewel - your plan was that my ultimate fate would be to become a weak slave to your will... and yet," he chuckled wickedly, "now... you are a slave to my every whim."

His brow rose as the konjou turned a sullen gray, flashes of red and black swirling though.

"Is this fate not acceptable to you, Naraku? It is the same type of fate that so many that you harmed shared - why should you be any different?"

There was a small flash of red, and Sesshoumaru actually chuckled.

"You hate this, I see. But that is too bad, spider, for it is a prison you will never escape from. Even now, you are trapped, and cannot ever get out - and I will make it even worse for you. I am having a special box created, just for your pretty dungeon - one that will block everything from you - so that you will spend eternity in the dark. I should think that would be pleasing to you - since you have such love for the absence of light," he finished mockingly.

Oh, yes, Naraku, scream in rage and agony. I will enjoy the thought of you lost and alone, frozen in darkness. Never again will you see the light of day, never feel the warmth of the sun.

It is fitting...

Even if it is an injustice - I will feel no pity for you, as you did not for all those you harmed before...

Even that, though, is not why I did this.

I did it because I wanted to...

Because you tried to harm that which is
mine.

His fist clenched then, around the konjou, and a distant, thin screeching was heard.

Sesshoumaru smiled as he tucked the tama once more away in his sleeve...

Jaken, who was just approaching his Lord, looked up to see that smile, and promptly fell over in a faint. It was a well-known fact that when he smiled like that, blood was about to be shed, and since he was the only one around...

Sesshoumaru, however, merely stood, and stepping over his retainer with nary even a glance, headed in the direction of the well.

It was time to meet his miko.

---oOo---

A/N: Are people beginning to see Naraku's sorry fate? Not just trapped for eternity - but anytime Sesshoumaru is feeling vindictive, or in a bad mood, he can torture the spider. He knows that he's kinda gone overboard with it - he just doesn't care. He is, after all, Sesshoumaru.

Amber