InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Flower Girl ❯ Your Wishes Will Come True ( Chapter 80 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Your Wishes Will Come True

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters of Inuyasha.

---oOo---

Hitomi watched her daughter climb the stairs, and then chuckled, turning back to her guest, she gestured towards the door.

"Would you like to walk with me in my hothouse?" she asked.

"Hothouse?" he asked curiously.

"It's a place to grow flowers and plants that might otherwise not be able to grow in the place you live - it's a controlled environment."

He nodded understandingly and inclined his head. "Ah. This one would enjoy seeing this 'hothouse'."

She smiled and lead him outside and around to the rear of the property, watching as he looked around and assimilated all the information coming at him from his surroundings. His senses must be almost overwhelmed, and yet, he shows no sign of discomfort.

This man... no, male... is truly regal.

She laughed inwardly. It's hard to believe that Inuyasha is even related - except for the coloring.

But he's a dear boy regardless...

He studied the hothouse as she led him inside, and Hitomi was sure that he was taking in every detail - she wouldn't be surprised if something like it ended up at his home.

They walked for a time, quietly, and then he glanced at her from the corner of one golden eye.

"You have questions... you may ask them."

Hitomi smiled slightly. He is proud, this one. And used to commanding.

"My daughter is to be married in ten days... and I cannot be there. Of course I have questions," she said wryly, but with a sad note in her voice.

He glanced at her again, then away. "You, and your family, will be there for the wedding. Kagome wished it could be so, and this one found a way to accommodate that wish."

Startled, she laughed a little. "Just like that?"

He pinned her then, with a steady, strong gaze. It pierced her, leaving her in no doubt about this male and his capabilities to take care of her daughter.

"If she wishes it, it will be done - one way or another." He turned to look at some flowers then, and she blinked, almost feeling as though she'd been staring down a great white.

He's a predator... and dangerous - but not to Kagome. And that's all that counts.

"So..." she said hesitantly, "tell me... what do I need to provide for her? Her wedding kimono perhaps?"

He did not look at her this time, his gaze busy taking in some of the rather exotic plants and flowers. "This one will provide everything that is needed - you are only required to bring yourselves."

"I... see." Hitomi watched as he reached out and fingered some white heather, a distant sort of look in his eyes, and a half-smile on his face. "Pleasant memories?"

"Yes." His voice was just as far-away as his eyes. "It stands for protection - it is the flower I gifted Kagome with when I took over as her protector."

She chuckled, and met his eyes when he turned to look at her. "It also stands for 'your wishes will come true'... maybe you should give her more of them."

He nodded. "Perhaps."

"I find that I'm concerned about only one thing," she sighed finally, "in this marriage. You are immortal... and my daughter is not."

"You are mistaken. Kagome is as immortal as I am - did you really think that I would allow even time to take her from me?" He once again reached out and touched the white heather, then picked a sprig. "You may say that I granted my own wish when I extended her life. I am a selfish male, Higurashi-san - I have no desire to lose that which I have only just found."

Her brow rose at that, astonishment clear in her eyes. "You extended her life... what of her family? Will you have her outlive us all?"

He frowned at her. "Would she not have done so, anyway? You, and her grandfather, at the very least, would have preceded her in death even had I not done what I have. Only her brother may have outlived her - and even that was not certain. What, then, have I harmed with my wish to keep her with me?"

She looked taken aback for a moment... and then acceptance became clear in her eyes.

"You're right, of course. I had not really thought of that - it is just odd that she will outlive not only us, but our entire family line. It isn't something that most humans ever face," she laughed deprecatingly.

He inclined his head to her, and then turned, beginning to head for the door. "This one is not angered. However," he glanced at the sky as they left the hothouse, "it is time for me to return to my era... I am sure my brother would like to turn over the responsibility of the children to me once again."

"Oh! Of course. Is Kagome leaving with you?"

"I will speak to her and see what her desire is."

Nothing more was said as they re-entered the house, and Sesshoumaru moved confidently up the stairs, his sense of smell telling him exactly where to find his miko. He tilted his head when he entered the room she was in, a little disturbed by the sheer... pinkness, of the room.

Kagome looked up as he walked into her room, and set her book back on her desk.

"Did you two talk, then?"

"Yes. Some things were straightened out." He ran the back of his hand down her cheek, and handed her the flower sprig. "This is for you. I am going back now, but you may remain tonight if you wish... this one believes you would enjoy having one last night in your home with your family as the daughter of the house... before you leave permanently to take up your new duties as my wife."

She took the sprig of flowers, and smiled up at him. My wishes will come true... and protection... which one is he meaning this time - or is it both?

"I would actually like that very much! Thanks, Sesshoumaru," she stepped up to him, and going up on tiptoe, kissed his cheek. "You always seem to know what would make me happy."

He smiled slightly, and inclined his head to her. "That is as it should be. I will see you tomorrow, miko... I will return here for you, as there are a few things to discuss with your mother that I will want you there for."

"Okay." She took his hand. "Come on... I'll walk you down the well, and help you back into your armor."

Hitomi watched silently as her daughter led the daiyoukai out of the house and disappeared into the well shrine with a smile on her face.

Yes... it's obvious that with him, she will have all her wishes fulfilled...

One way or another, as he said.

It's all a mother could hope for for her children.

---oOo---

A/N: The dreaded mother-in-law talk... although Sesshoumaru never fears anyone, so he's probably the only male in existence who didn't bother dreading it.

Anyway... things are about to start picking up...

I wanted to send a thank you for the nominations for this story on Dokuga - Best Kagome portrayal, and Best Romance... it's an honor to be nominated!

Amber